Jamaica bus w/ security camera

MacAlert

+1 for KeystoneRegional's post. It will eventually get to the point where every NYCT bus in passenger service has them. They are currently on many or all Orion 07.501 "VII" NG HEVs and Novabus TL60-102A "LFS" Artics. The older the bus and therefore (typically) the closer it is to retirement, the less likely maintenance is to install cameras in said bus since there would be no point. For example pre-2001 D60HFs will definitely not get them. RTSs look like they will be around a little longer despite their age, as I know of a few RTSs with cameras, including the 9194 you referenced.

Did you also see a camera by the dashboard as you were boarding the bus? b/c if you did, they are implemting to put more cameras on buses for driver safety and unruly passengers who assualt drivers. Glad FINALLY that the MTA is focusing on driver safety.

I didn't look at the dashboard. The bus was pretty crowded so I was trying to move in. I'll keep an eye out tonight.

Did you also see a camera by the dashboard as you were boarding the bus? b/c if you did, they are implemting to put more cameras on buses for driver safety and unruly passengers who assualt drivers. Glad FINALLY that the MTA is focusing on driver safety.

MTA should really stop being cheap SOBs and install those plexiglass partitions for all the buses. If I was a driver, I know I'd feel safer knowing that I'd have at least a thin shield [ie: sick riders sneezing/coughing/spitting etc]

Theres no dashboard cameras; only thing is the outside camera facing front viewing outside activity and the camera above the operator facing the front doors to record who's boarding.

Actually, there are dash cams now. All new buses are to have 10 camera positions.

8 interior (one on dash), and 2 exterior.

• 2 weeks later...
MTA should really stop being cheap SOBs and install those plexiglass partitions for all the buses. If I was a driver, I know I'd feel safer knowing that I'd have at least a thin shield [ie: sick riders sneezing/coughing/spitting etc]

I did notice a few more RTSs from Flatbush having those partitions installed when I was riding on the (B46) yesterday.

Archived