Some bus rodeo pics from today.

trainfan22

It was a fun day at the rodeo. It was really hard to find the shuttle bus to get to the rodeo. But i did find it and i got there. 236, 4904 and 1201 were not there. Whats even more weird is that they weren't ANY orion Vs there not even one. Wonder whats that about. Also i got to ride on an fishbowl and an MCI classic! Well here are the pics......

I will start with a few shots at kings plaza.....

DSC00885.jpg

DSC00886.jpg

I fially cought 5105 but guess what? The sign was off!

DSC00887.jpg

And now pics at the rodeo....

DSC00889.jpg

DSC00946.jpg

The inside of 3800.....

DSC01004.jpg

DSC00912.jpg

DSC00904.jpg

DSC00911.jpg

The museum fleet....

DSC00913.jpg

DSC00918.jpg

DSC00922.jpg

DSC00929.jpg

DSC00930.jpg

DSC00890.jpg

DSC00897.jpg

DSC00906.jpg

DSC00910.jpg

DSC00909.jpg

DSC00943.jpg

DSC00945.jpg

DSC00932.jpg

DSC00934.jpg

DSC00933.jpg

DSC01014-1.jpg

DSC00939.jpg

DSC00942.jpg

DSC00948.jpg

DSC00977.jpg

DSC00950.jpg

DSC00951.jpg

DSC01009.jpg

DSC01016.jpg

DSC01017.jpg

Now back to road buses...

DSC01018.jpg

And a few bonus ones from the bronx....

008-9.jpg

009-8.jpg

007-8.jpg

That is all comments are welcome enjoy!!

Great pics! Im so disappointed that 1201 and 4904 werent there. I didnt go today, but Im going tomorrow. Are the same buses going to be there tomorrow, and were any of them revving their engines? Also, were rides a scheduled part of the roadeo, or did the driver do you a favor. Never been to a roadeo before.

Great pics! Im so disappointed that 1201 and 4904 werent there. I didnt go today, but Im going tomorrow. Are the same buses going to be there tomorrow, and were any of them revving their engines? Also, were rides a scheduled part of the roadeo, or did the driver do you a favor. Never been to a roadeo before.

Thanks!! Yes most likely the same buses are going to there tomorrow. None of the buses were revving the engines. And rides on the MCI classics and GM fishbowl 100 were a scheduled part of the rodeo.

where did you catch the shuttle bus to the bus roadeo?

On the queens bound side of flatbush ave between ave T and ave U.

Look for an RTS signed up as an subway shuttle.

Speaking of that shuttle the MTA used my idea of brrowing an RTS from flatbush to do the shuttle run. Intead of using an MCI bus from an far away depot they used an RTS from a depot that was two blocks away.

So to the MTA worker that lurks this forum.. Thanks for using my idea!!!!!

SOme of these buses like are a throw back. Those are the buses that made it happen. And I like the new orion hybrid bus.I wonder if they gonna bring some in the bronx. but theys should come with some 2008 TMC Nova Bus that Nova bus is still the best. Orions are the second best

Where do you ride the Fishbowl and Classic? Just around Floyd Bennet or outside the field and back? Also how long is the ride and how fast do you think they run or at least what gears do they get through? Thanks. I'm gonna be there tomorrow but I wish they'd give a ride on a GMC RTS. I don't think they're gonna change that up for tomorrow unfortunately.

Where do you ride the Fishbowl and Classic? Just around Floyd Bennet or outside the field and back? Also how long is the ride and how fast do you think they run or at least what gears do they get through? Thanks. I'm gonna be there tomorrow but I wish they'd give a ride on a GMC RTS. I don't think they're gonna change that up for tomorrow unfortunately.

They ride around FBF the ride is about 15 to 20 minutes long. To find them they are near the SBS artic when you see that bus make a right they should be parked right there. They weren't going that fast they were cruising along. However that fishbowl sounded nice when it was going from 0 to 15. I think the drivers wanted to drive fast but they didn't want to get in troable if the bus got damaged or something.

But it was still fun riding those buses though. Also another reason i think they were taking it easy is because the roads are very bumpy and unsmooth out there.

Is the roadeo all weekend? 3800 looks sweet.

The Queens Surface RTS looks so awesome, im sad that they didnt preserve an Orion V CNG from Queens Surface...well with its original paint scheme.

Awesome pics sir !

Is the roadeo all weekend? 3800 looks sweet.

The Queens Surface RTS looks so awesome, im sad that they didnt preserve an Orion V CNG from Queens Surface...well with its original paint scheme.

Awesome pics sir !

Thanks!! My guess would be that they would save one once there retirement time comes. And restore it to its orignal paint scheme.

Are there souviniers like model buses.

They had fold up model buses. But like piggy bank buses... nope!

Great shots, That Orion VII NG looks great.

Thanks!!

Wow, those are some very cool shots there trainfan!

I didn't know the new Orion VII's, starting with 3800, would be completely redesigned, but it definitely looks cool! Is it known yet to which routes the new Orion VII's will be assigned to first?

Nice shots. I was there for a while myself. It was fun. Not too many things special, but, pleased me. Now, interesting things, especially with 3800, especially seeing it up close and personal and comparing things.

Looks like you lucked out with 5105. Saw it when I first got to Kings Plaza on my way to the roadeo. Then saw it again when I got back to Kings Plaza on the B46 Limited, took a few shots, then did a full trip to Williamsburg on it to meet some people there.

Wow, those are some very cool shots there trainfan!

I didn't know the new Orion VII's, starting with 3800, would be completely redesigned, but it definitely looks cool! Is it known yet to which routes the new Orion VII's will be assigned to first?

Thanks!! Im not sure which routes. But they might be assigned to ethier CAS or CS.

Nice shots. I was there for a while myself. It was fun. Not too many things special, but, pleased me. Now, interesting things, especially with 3800, especially seeing it up close and personal and comparing things.

Looks like you lucked out with 5105. Saw it when I first got to Kings Plaza on my way to the roadeo. Then saw it again when I got back to Kings Plaza on the B46 Limited, took a few shots, then did a full trip to Williamsburg on it to meet some people there.

Thanks!!

Archived