New York City Subway Route Riddles

BM5 via Woodhaven

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The answer to my riddle was in fact the (A), so N6 got it. (But please, one guess per riddle next time. :))

The A was the first of its kind -- the first IND line -- and we'll be celebrating its 80th birthday later this year. The northern half of the A (from 207th to Chambers) was all open on Day 1, and on its southern end, while for a bit it was a Manhattan-only line, it was rather quickly extended over the Culver Line to Church Avenue, where it stayed for 3 years until the first section of the Fulton Line opened.

You got right

Excellent!

The answer to my riddle was in fact the (A), so N6 got it. (But please, one guess per riddle next time. :))

Sorry about that I saw someone put two guesses in one post. I thought It might have been ok.

The A was the first of its kind -- the first IND line -- and we'll be celebrating its 80th birthday later this year. The northern half of the A (from 207th to Chambers) was all open on Day 1, and on its southern end, while for a bit it was a Manhattan-only line, it was rather quickly extended over the Culver Line to Church Avenue, where it stayed for 3 years until the first section of the Fulton Line opened.

Even then it only went to Rockaway Ave, Then Broadway ENY, then Euclid, then they connected it to the Liberty El to Lefferts, then they built the connection to the Rockaway line!

You basically make a riddle and people guess what route it is

Rules:

One post and one guess at a time

•Members have 24 hours to guess a route and if you get it right, you go

•If no guess after 24 hours, then another riddle will be posted

I'm just a stickler for the rules. :)

damn. now that i think about it with help from Q23s hint "#4", i think i know the answer but i already went. heres a possible other hint, the fun place was its former northern terminal isnt it?

The answer was the (B). It went to Coney Island, home to the Cyclone,Luna Park,Nathan's, and the annual Nathan's hot dog competition.

4 meant the number of the services servicing the terminal and one of the former routing, in this case, the 4 Avenue line.

The fun place was its former Southern Terminal.

Next

The answer was the (B). It went to Coney Island, home to the Cyclone,Luna Park,Nathan's, and the annual Nathan's hot dog competition.

4 meant the number of the services servicing the terminal and one of the former routing, in this case, the 4 Avenue line.

The fun place was its former Southern Terminal.

Next

oooooh. i was thinking the N. it use to serve queens blvd which was close to the worlds fair and it use to be known as BMT's #4, and has gone though a few route changes over the years.

Archived