Opossum takes a ride on the subway

bknightshadow45

They are not common in the Northeast period, let alone Brooklyn. I rarely see them even here in the sticks. Gotta say one thing for the subway, you never know whats gonna happen on the trip. It's better than rats!!!:P

I guess you haven't been to Statan Island lately lol...they all around the city along with foxes, raccoons and the occasional bat

They are not common in the Northeast period, let alone Brooklyn. I rarely see them even here in the sticks. Gotta say one thing for the subway, you never know whats gonna happen on the trip. It's better than rats!!!:P

I don't know what you are talking about, they are pretty common around my Brooklyn area; Sheepshead Bay, Marine Park, Gravesend; to be more specific.

There was one of them roaming around in my backyard about a month ago.... Haven't seen it since though....

The one thing that caught me off guard, was when I seen that coyote that was roaming around the (holland) tunnel back in 2010.... I'm here walkin from work one night down washington st, I cross the street thinkin it's a dog.... a car's headlights makes the animal a little more visible, and I'm like holy s***, that's a coyote....

Where are these animals coming from...

I'm starting to think someone's dropping these creatures in random areas of the city, to fend for themselves.....

Within the past 2-3 years, I've seen everything from an opossum, to a snake, to a rabbit, to a raccoon, to a fox... and I won't get started on the blue jays, cardinals, orioles, (an) owl, finches (one of which flew so low as to knock my fitted off... those things are aggressive) and a couple others I can't make out what they are exactly.....

I aint talkin about baseball players, or athletes from temple either....

Are possums elegible for reduced fare Metrocards?

LOL. Then the other animals will demand the same as well. :cool:

On Metro North i see smaller dogs reguarly lol.

On serious point, on what B35 just said i think he has a point. Not to offend animal lovers but all of these exotic animals from possums to snakes(I knew during my undergrad college days dormmates having snakes as 'pets')and everything in between that are not meant to be in NYC homes as member of the family.

Next I am sure a small deer will be featured on the news on a NYC subway.

I have to disagree with that one as well.

I guess you haven't been to Statan Island lately lol...they all around the city along with foxes, raccoons and the occasional bat

Right! I just saw one 3 days ago in the back yard..... Brooklyn that is.

LOL. Then the other animals will demand the same as well. :cool:

On Metro North i see smaller dogs reguarly lol.

On serious point, on what B35 just said i think he has a point. Not to offend animal lovers but all of these exotic animals from possums to snakes(I knew during my undergrad college days dormmates having snakes as 'pets')and everything in between that are not meant to be in NYC homes as member of the family.

Next I am sure a small deer will be featured on the news on a NYC subway.

It's not that people are dumping "exotic" animals out onto the streets. You have to realize that animals like these are/were native to the area. We're responsible for eradicating their habitats by expanding ours via urban sprawl. After being pushed out far enough, these animals adapt to the changes and begin to venture back into, and repopulate, their traditional stomping grounds. Bear baiting was a popular spectator "sport" up to the mid-1800s in NYC. That is, until they finally ran out of bears. Then, ratfighting became popular. Rats, as we all know, are never in shortage.

Goes to show my ignorance, and how long it's been since I've been to the City. Sounds like you guys are getting more critters than we have. If the little ones are around then Coyotes will be there too. Wow, who'd of thunk the variety of wildlife in Brooklyn. Don't rule out deer, they may be next...

It was a great video;)

Goes to show my ignorance, and how long it's been since I've been to the City. Sounds like you guys are getting more critters than we have. If the little ones are around then Coyotes will be there too. Wow, who'd of thunk the variety of wildlife in Brooklyn. Don't rule out deer, they may be next...

It was a great video;)

Deer were, and are once again, becoming common in NYC. Deer are very adaptable animals. There has been a resurgence of deer on Staten Island, after being gone for decades. Wildlife experts believe that they swam (deer are excellent swimmers, BTW) from New Jersey. They are also highly intelligent. They swam to avoid paying the tolls.

Deer were, and are once again, becoming common in NYC. Deer are very adaptable animals. There has been a resurgence of deer on Staten Island, after being gone for decades. Wildlife experts believe that they swam (deer are excellent swimmers, BTW) from New Jersey. They are also highly intelligent. They swam to avoid paying the tolls.

LOL.:cool:

It was a great video;)

HAHAHA Coyotes will be here! No they are in NYC

Coyotes spotted in Manhattan - NYPOST.com

Not commonly seen animals but there there along with some deer(most likely in the Northern Bronx and Eastern Queens).

Only thing probably not seen in the city yet are maybe bears,mountain lions.

Archived