Queens Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

Q43LTD

Well, If such a route is created, I would expect the Northern Portion of the route to garner a significant amount of ridership. The Northern section serves more of areas that aren't serve by the local bus (and the southern part as well). When I planned out the College Point Express Route, I had it clearly in mind to try to serve most parts of the College Point Area, and to try to serve as many areas which do not have a bus near them as possible. One of the first stops would be at a Gated community (like the X28/38 with Sea Gate). in the Northern section, which there are several riders there, and a potential rider base. The northern section also has many houses as such you have described, such as the ones north of 5 Avenue, which I see a ridership base from. I would have had the express go further down on 127 street and then turn on 26 Avenue instead, but there's a hidden dead end you don't see from Google maps itself (Huge WTF!). When driving on 127 Street, it just gives you the directions (in vehicle) to just go through the dead end and cross the dead end. You physically can, but that's for another story. I don't see much ridership coming from West of College Point Blvd as I see East of College Point Blvd. Basically, everything north of 20 Avenue and East of College Point is what my ridership base would be (along the route path).

My question is what are those people currently doing? During the rush there are some that make their way from College Point to the QM2 but those people likely drive and it make sense for them to simply drive over to the last stop where there is ample parking.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually Gerritsen Beach DOES have co-ops and plenty of houses. The co-ops are located in what's considered "new Gerritsen Beach", but there aren't that many of them to give you enough of a base. Aside from that plenty of people would use the BM3 near Knapp Street, but that was streamlined and the stop was removed, which left those riders SOL with very little BM4 service, so they either found other options or used the BM4 when they could access it. Even so, Gerritsen Beach is quite small overall so money isn't the real problem because most residents there are solid middle class, but they aren't going to Manhattan like that. They are your cops, FDNY types that have two incomes but those people drive. The problem with the BM4 is OUTSIDE of Gerritsen Beach. It always amazed me how poorly it did in Midwood and Marine Park which does have a decent amount of co-ops and private homes, but those people also either drive or make their way to the (Q) train.

As for the lines in Queens, they were all from Private Operators that ran lines in a strategic way in terms of how much bang for the buck they could get, and back in the day some of the areas that have crap ridership had much better ridership. Changing demographics is why some areas have lost significant ridership and College Point has certainly undergone a demographic change which is another reason why I don't see an express bus working there, even during rush hour. Tell me who exactly is going to be using a express bus there? Doing a study is fine, but any service that is going to run has to have a CLEAR DEFINITIVE BASE, which no one has identified including you.

The X27 does well. Why? It has a significant elderly population along and near Shore Rd that either can't use the subway or don't want to use it and will use the express bus because it is safe and accessible. Additionally you have plenty of co-ops and condos along Shore Rd and affluent private houses as well. Plenty of families use the bus on the weekends and I on occasion board along Shore Rd with families.

Why do you always get so caught up in the demographics of an area. Demographics really don't determine how well a bus route is used. Look at the Upper West Side. Expensive apartments and everything and people use the M66, M72, M86, M101-103 and the (4)(5) and (6).

Look at South Jamaica and Rosedale. The Q111 has two minute head ways alone during rush hour and the Q113/Q114 also serve the same areas too and those buses are packed and get full loads all day even at 11 at night and those are mostly low middle to median middle class residents. So as far as I'm considered demographics have nothing to do with how well routes are utilized.

Also how do you know what College Point needs? You never lived there and probably never been actually in the area. The Whitestone expressway and Linden Place is technically still part of Whitestone. I'm telling you those Q25 and Q65 buses to and from College Point are packed. At Main Street the buses always empty out and at least 60% of the people on those buses head to the (7). Now I know what you are probably thinking, not all of those people are looking to go to Manhattan which is truth. However if the option is there people will use it and maybe you might get some who normal drive keep their cars parked and hop on the express bus. If you been to the northern tip of College Point you would know that a walk from there to the Whitestone Expressway and Linden Blvd is at least a 20-30 minute walk from the terminals of the Q25 and Q65. It has been studied in the past that College Point could warrant express service and I'm sure it would have been implemented if the DOT was still running Queen Surface and all the other PBL's. I'm sure the only reason why it hasn't been implemented under the MTA is because after the takeover they focused mostly on service improvements on existing routes (except the QM3 of course) and ordering buses. The DOT proposal a lot of different routes. Some were unless while others included extensions and improvements to current routes and some of those sounded good. The MTA did implement something's some I think was the Q19 to Flushing. The renaming of some routes and Limited service added on several routes. A College Point express is possible. The MTA needs to perform a study to determine if CP could use an express.

Why do you always get so caught up in the demographics of an area. Demographics really don't determine how well a bus route is used. Look at the Upper West Side. Expensive apartments and everything and people use the M66, M72, M86, M101-103 and the (4)(5) and (6).

Look at South Jamaica and Rosedale. The Q111 has two minute head ways alone during rush hour and the Q113/Q114 also serve the same areas too and those buses are packed and get full loads all day even at 11 at night and those are mostly low middle to median middle class residents. So as far as I'm considered demographics have nothing to do with how well routes are utilized.

Also how do you know what College Point needs? You never lived there and probably never been actually in the area. The Whitestone expressway and Linden Place is technically still part of Whitestone. I'm telling you those Q25 and Q65 buses to and from College Point are packed. At Main Street the buses always empty out and at least 60% of the people on those buses head to the (7). Now I know what you are probably thinking, not all of those people are looking to go to Manhattan which is truth. However if the option is there people will use it and maybe you might get some who normal drive keep their cars parked and hop on the express bus. If you been to the northern tip of College Point you would know that a walk from there to the Whitestone Expressway and Linden Blvd is at least a 20-30 minute walk from the terminals of the Q25 and Q65. It has been studied in the past that College Point could warrant express service and I'm sure it would have been implemented if the DOT was still running Queen Surface and all the other PBL's. I'm sure the only reason why it hasn't been implemented under the MTA is because after the takeover they focused mostly on service improvements on existing routes (except the QM3 of course) and ordering buses. The DOT proposal a lot of different routes. Some were unless while others included extensions and improvements to current routes and some of those sounded good. The MTA did implement something's some I think was the Q19 to Flushing. The renaming of some routes and Limited service added on several routes. A College Point express is possible. The MTA needs to perform a study to determine if CP could use an express.

Demographics DO make a difference and local bus usage and express bus use are two separate things.  You still haven't told me who would be using the express bus in your plan in order for the route to be successful.  Everything else you're telling me is fine, but it still has no bearing on whether or not an express bus will work.  If people really want to use the express bus they will use it, regardless of the situation.

After the Q21 was cut back to Howard Beach not long ago, the segment of Cross Bay Boulevard south of 164th Avenue lost local service. With that in mind, would a Q41 extension to Rockaway Park work?

No, since people wanted the Q53 in the Rockaways over the Local bus. Nobody really complained when the Rockaways lost the Q21.

Demographics DO make a difference and local bus usage and express bus use are two separate things. You still haven't told me who would be using the express bus in your plan in order for the route to be successful. Everything else you're telling me is fine, but it still has no bearing on whether or not an express bus will work. If people really want to use the express bus they will use it, regardless of the situation.

Well of course College Point residents will use that route. These people aren't poor at all. Since College Point is very close to the Whitestone expressway I can see it taking the Grand Central Parkway to the BQE to either the midtown Tunnel or run to Manhattan via Queens Blvd. Whether it can beat the (7) and <7> I don't know but it will offer room and comfort to those who choose to use it. And I'm sure drivers would want that route due to the fact that deadheading will be less than 5 minutes if you are already in College Point after PM runs.

Well of course College Point residents will use that route. These people aren't poor at all. Since College Point is very close to the Whitestone expressway I can see it taking the Grand Central Parkway to the BQE to either the midtown Tunnel or run to Manhattan via Queens Blvd. Whether it can beat the (7) and <7> I don't know but it will offer room and comfort to those who choose to use it. And I'm sure drivers would want that route due to the fact that deadheading will be less than 5 minutes if you are already in College Point after PM runs.

There's only a small portion of College Point residents using the QM2 and it's mainly the areas north of 20th Avenue which is quite small, so I don't see how any route could survive there even one that just runs during the rush.  In addition to that only a small area of College Point is solid middle class to the point to where they could use the express bus with no problem.  The rest is similar economically to areas that serve the QM21.

There's only a small portion of College Point residents using the QM2 and it's mainly the areas north of 20th Avenue which is quite small, so I don't see how any route could survive there even one that just runs during the rush. In addition to that only a small area of College Point is solid middle class to the point to where they could use the express bus with no problem. The rest is similar economically to areas that serve the QM21.

You are not understanding that College Point is bigger than what your making it. And like I said before the QM2 does not really hit College Point. That area is still Whitestone. I'm sure a bus route could survive in that area if the (MTA) advertised it right. However knowing the MTA they will probably give a few days notice and it will fail. I'm sure the B32, M12 and B84 will have more usage then they do now if the MTA made these routes known like months in advance and had signs up everywhere near the route about them.

You are not understanding that College Point is bigger than what your making it. And like I said before the QM2 does not really hit College Point. That area is still Whitestone. I'm sure a bus route could survive in that area if the (MTA) advertised it right. However knowing the MTA they will probably give a few days notice and it will fail. I'm sure the B32, M12 and B84 will have more usage then they do now if the MTA made these routes known like months in advance and had signs up everywhere near the route about them.

I understand perfectly seeing how often I'm in the area.  I know how big it is, but that has nothing to do with how many people will use it and you still have not said who would be using the route and where in College Point.  You're going off of assumptions and nothing more.  I actually use the QM2 and see where the ridership comes from.  Those who do use it from College Point usually get it at Linden Place and during off-peak, ridership at that stop is light.  During the rush it's okay, but is it enough to warrant its own route?  I don't see it.

I understand perfectly seeing how often I'm in the area. I know how big it is, but that has nothing to do with how many people will use it and you still have not said who would be using the route and where in College Point. You're going off of assumptions and nothing more. I actually use the QM2 and see where the ridership comes from. Those who do use it from College Point usually get it at Linden Place and during off-peak, ridership at that stop is light. During the rush it's okay, but is it enough to warrant its own route? I don't see it.

In my original post I said it will follow the Q65 route until 28th Ave. From there it will turn onto 28th past in front of College Point depot and run to Linden Place from Linden Place it will turn it will go into the Whitestone Expressway and follow the QM2 and QM20 route to Manhattan. The people that will use it is Q25/Q65 riders who currently go to Main Street and take the (7)<7> to Manhattan. I know not everyone is going to be willing to pay $6.50 but I'm sure there will be people who are willing to use it.

Express buses were created because before the Metrocard you had to pay two fares in some areas of the city.  Neighborhoods that had no subway or required a bus to the subway argued that it put them at a disadvantage to have to pay a double fare and also meant LONG commutes.  Some areas started their own express bus service (Riverdale was one of them).  As the express bus service grew, more areas started demanding the service arguing that they too had long commutes and had to pay two fares one way.  When the service started, it was close to or perhaps cheaper than the two fare set up for some depending on their commute, and that factored in with the one seat ride meant that they technically were cheaper for those residents and provided a faster commute in most cases.  Express buses cost more to run and offer more amenities hence why they have a higher fare. For example, without a Metrocard transfer, I would have a two fare commute.  I would have to take one bus to the subway with several transfers in the subway in order to avoid having to take yet another one or two buses to reach my final destination.  Even with the $6.50 fare and the traffic, it makes far more sense for me to use the express bus.

So paying more than double when your double fare is actually less and being stuck in traffic makes sense. That's just ridiculous!

TBH the best a demographic can do is give a prediction it does not accurately predict what people want. 

I understand perfectly seeing how often I'm in the area.  I know how big it is, but that has nothing to do with how many people will use it and you still have not said who would be using the route and where in College Point.  You're going off of assumptions and nothing more.  I actually use the QM2 and see where the ridership comes from.  Those who do use it from College Point usually get it at Linden Place and during off-peak, ridership at that stop is light.  During the rush it's okay, but is it enough to warrant its own route?  I don't see it.

I do maybe not the same way they see it but yes College point has potential ridership. What I notice is people in college point are like people in tottenville they all have cars but they prefer to use mass transit to get to work that why you have the 20a/b

The reason the weekend service is only on the Q20a and not the Q20b is because the A serves the mall. But during rush hour  I wait for the Q20 I almost always get the Q20b because it serves the people in the residential neighborhood 

If I was to make a rout in college point it would supplement the QM20 https://www.google.com/maps/dir/40.790859,-73.8520189/Whitestone+Exp%2FLinden+Pl/@40.7873175,-73.8266407,1193m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m49!4m48!1m40!3m4!1m2!1d-73.8452387!2d40.7924003!3s0x89c2f54a5424e13f:0xb0d6dde38e66c986!3m4!1m2!1d-73.8436528!2d40.7925958!3s0x89c2f54ae56a0449:0x46870316e3216b1d!3m4!1m2!1d-73.8407922!2d40.7918459!3s0x89c28ab523897119:0xcb80efb0c47439da!3m4!1m2!1d-73.8321085!2d40.7861055!3s0x89c28ab0efed9aa3:0xbb161a301b202f29!3m4!1m2!1d-73.8283961!2d40.7886516!3s0x89c28ab9a3f41d01:0x10cba4db589a696c!3m4!1m2!1d-73.8213209!2d40.7835998!3s0x89c28abcfe22d9e7:0x3e88f78b00b337e8!3m4!1m2!1d-73.8262721!2d40.7744619!3s0x89c28aa711f34385:0x5e1f26e5b15d2e0b!3m4!1m2!1d-73.8278383!2d40.772861!3s0x89c28aa788dfed91:0x9fec64dd1f802322!1m5!1m1!1s0x89c260025adc7b47:0xeb181415cdaf5c7f!2m2!1d-73.833747!2d40.771582!3e0

Edited by IAlam

In my original post I said it will follow the Q65 route until 28th Ave. From there it will turn onto 28th past in front of College Point depot and run to Linden Place from Linden Place it will turn it will go into the Whitestone Expressway and follow the QM2 and QM20 route to Manhattan. The people that will use it is Q25/Q65 riders who currently go to Main Street and take the (7)<7> to Manhattan. I know not everyone is going to be willing to pay $6.50 but I'm sure there will be people who are willing to use it.

That's a terrible idea.  You need to run express buses in areas where people WILL use them, not where you hope they will use them.   <_<  Now IAlam is on to something.  His routing could actually work... Why? Because he hits the areas of College Point where the money is, and then has the bus go through Malba which is also quite affluent where they would perhaps use that bus, plus it goes through that big co-op complex (Mitchell Gardens).  Just about every express bus has an area with co-ops and condos because those are the people that will use the bus the most. You need people with MONEY that can afford the fare even during rough economic times to keep the route afloat, otherwise it gets the axe.

So paying more than double when your double fare is actually less and being stuck in traffic makes sense. That's just ridiculous!

TBH the best a demographic can do is give a prediction it does not accurately predict what people want. 

I do maybe not the same way they see it but yes College point has potential ridership. What I notice is people in college point are like people in tottenville they all have cars but they prefer to use mass transit to get to work that why you have the 20a/b

The reason the weekend service is only on the Q20a and not the Q20b is because the A serves the mall. But during rush hour  I wait for the Q20 I almost always get the Q20b because it serves the people in the residential neighborhood 

If I was to make a rout in college point it would supplement the QM20 https://www.google.com/maps/dir/40.790859,-73.8520189/Whitestone+Exp%2FLinden+Pl/@40.7873175,-73.8266407,1193m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m49!4m48!1m40!3m4!1m2!1d-73.8452387!2d40.7924003!3s0x89c2f54a5424e13f:0xb0d6dde38e66c986!3m4!1m2!1d-73.8436528!2d40.7925958!3s0x89c2f54ae56a0449:0x46870316e3216b1d!3m4!1m2!1d-73.8407922!2d40.7918459!3s0x89c28ab523897119:0xcb80efb0c47439da!3m4!1m2!1d-73.8321085!2d40.7861055!3s0x89c28ab0efed9aa3:0xbb161a301b202f29!3m4!1m2!1d-73.8283961!2d40.7886516!3s0x89c28ab9a3f41d01:0x10cba4db589a696c!3m4!1m2!1d-73.8213209!2d40.7835998!3s0x89c28abcfe22d9e7:0x3e88f78b00b337e8!3m4!1m2!1d-73.8262721!2d40.7744619!3s0x89c28aa711f34385:0x5e1f26e5b15d2e0b!3m4!1m2!1d-73.8278383!2d40.772861!3s0x89c28aa788dfed91:0x9fec64dd1f802322!1m5!1m1!1s0x89c260025adc7b47:0xeb181415cdaf5c7f!2m2!1d-73.833747!2d40.771582!3e0

It makes perfect sense because with the subway, I have to make 2-3 trains, PLUS a bus.  The more transfers you have to make, the more likely you will be delayed because you have more factors coming into play, plus there's the wait in between each transfer.  My commute via subway would be something like this: 20 minutes with the bus plus the short walk to the subway assuming it comes promptly (the Bx7 tends to be quite unreliable), then the (1) train to 96, transfer there to get to 42nd, then another transfer to get to the East Side, plus the walk to my office.  All of that takes well over an hour, with lots of walking, up and down and no seats since it's rush hour.  On the express bus, I take ONE bus, and if I catch a Super Express, we're on the Deegan in about 5 minutes.  I have two seats to myself with climate control, and all I have to do is give myself an extra half hour in case there is traffic, but there are times when I get in quite early, which allows me to have time for an espresso, etc.  I don't get in early with the subway/bus set up.  Plus there I have three express buses to choose from most of the time and several Super Express trips.  My commute at night often times is just 35-40 minutes compared to an hour and 30 minutes with the bus and subway transfers.  I also have a pass, which I get about 18-20 rides out of with the express bus alone, not to mention any other trips, so my fare is at a minimum about $2.86 per ride vs. the $2.75 fare.

Regarding your routing in College Point, you should explain why you chose that route and where the bus would run in Manhattan.  Given your routing you must have some QM2 and QM20s bypassing parts of the route during the rush, otherwise there may be too much service.  I would make the QM2 and QM20 have a few Super Express trips in the AM and more Super Express trips in the PM.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

The route is not bad, it's almost similar to the northern part of my routing in Nothern College Point, and it serves more of the northern part of College Point (I was gonna use 14 Avenue but didn't know how to do so with my routing).

My Suggestion: Leave Parsons to the QM2/20. The QM2 would run on Parsons, stopping at 14 and 20 Avenues. I guess you could have the 6 Avenue buses go express to Midtown from there, which is kinda like an AM super express. This College Point express and the QM20 would now stop at Linden place to 6 Avenue

I would still have something serve that strip of College Point Blvd without any bus at all. 

This is something that I morphed that involves my idea and your idea. Tell em what you think about it.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/127-1-127-99+5th+Ave,+College+Point,+NY+11356/40.7919207,-73.8506926/40.7894652,-73.8489602/40.7894521,-73.8456294/40.7842207,-73.8457581/40.7862714,-73.8309108/40.7881896,-73.8312847/40.7890929,-73.8251053/40.7867264,-73.8245591/40.7703964,-73.835622/@40.7887929,-73.8345194,14.75z/data=!4m17!4m16!1m5!1m1!1s0x89c28ab530bc9a1d:0xcdd8f9c59405cb98!2m2!1d-73.8408268!2d40.7925054!1m0!1m0!1m0!1m0!1m0!1m0!1m0!1m0!1m0!3e0

The route is not bad, it's almost similar to the northern part of my routing in Nothern College Point, and it serves more of the northern part of College Point (I was gonna use 14 Avenue but didn't know how to do so with my routing).

My Suggestion: Leave Parsons to the QM2/20. The QM2 would run on Parsons, stopping at 14 and 20 Avenues. I guess you could have the 6 Avenue buses go express to Midtown from there, which is kinda like an AM super express. This College Point express and the QM20 would now stop at Linden place to 6 Avenue

I would still have something serve that strip of College Point Blvd without any bus at all. 

This is something that I morphed that involves my idea and your idea. Tell em what you think about it.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/127-1-127-99+5th+Ave,+College+Point,+NY+11356/40.7919207,-73.8506926/40.7894652,-73.8489602/40.7894521,-73.8456294/40.7842207,-73.8457581/40.7862714,-73.8309108/40.7881896,-73.8312847/40.7890929,-73.8251053/40.7867264,-73.8245591/40.7703964,-73.835622/@40.7887929,-73.8345194,14.75z/data=!4m17!4m16!1m5!1m1!1s0x89c28ab530bc9a1d:0xcdd8f9c59405cb98!2m2!1d-73.8408268!2d40.7925054!1m0!1m0!1m0!1m0!1m0!1m0!1m0!1m0!1m0!3e0

Why not have the QM2 and QM20 bypass that section and why does there have to be an express bus down College Point Blvd? For what?

1.Why not have the QM2 and QM20 bypass that section 

2. and why does there have to be an express bus down College Point Blvd? For what?

Have the QM2/20 skip Linden Place? Well the 2 is understand (like I said, take 20 Avenue ramp and express to Manhattan). But the 20 skipping Linden Place is arbitrary, you're not skipping much of anything. I would understand if it made 50 million stops, but it's not gonna kill everybody on board if the bus makes the Linden stop as it currently does (and the QM2 3 Avenue would still stop at Linden Place). That would be for the AM only, PM buses would still operate on it. 

That area doesn't have anything running on it. And it's not like there would be 50 stops, just 1-2 tops. (One would definitely be between 11 and 13 Avenues). Not all of College Point Blvd is industrial/commercial you know. The area north of 14 Avenue is residential. I don't see the problem of using College Point Blvd.

Here's how I would run the schedule:

There would be 11 trips in total:

in the AM at 6 AM, 6:30 AM, 7 AM, 7:20 AM, 7:40 AM, 8:10 AM

in the PM  at 4 PM, 4:30 PM, 5 PM, 5:30 PM, 6 PM

Have the QM2/20 skip Linden Place? Well the 2 is understand (like I said, take 20 Avenue ramp and express to Manhattan). But the 20 skipping Linden Place is arbitrary, you're not skipping much of anything. I would understand if it made 50 million stops, but it's not gonna kill everybody on board if the bus makes the Linden stop as it currently does (and the QM2 3 Avenue would still stop at Linden Place). That would be for the AM only, PM buses would still operate on it. 

That area doesn't have anything running on it. And it's not like there would be 50 stops, just 1-2 tops. (One would definitely be between 11 and 13 Avenues). Not all of College Point Blvd is industrial/commercial you know. The area north of 14 Avenue is residential. I don't see the problem of using College Point Blvd.

Here's how I would run the schedule:

There would be 11 trips in total:

in the AM at 6 AM, 6:30 AM, 7 AM, 7:20 AM, 7:40 AM, 8:10 AM

in the PM  at 4 PM, 4:30 PM, 5 PM, 5:30 PM, 6 PM

So what if it's residential.  Gerritsen Beach is residential and there are other lines that run through "residential areas" that aren't doing so hot, so who is supposed to be using the route.

After the Q21 was cut back to Howard Beach not long ago, the segment of Cross Bay Boulevard south of 164th Avenue lost local service.

With that in mind, would a Q41 extension to Rockaway Park work?

Rockaway Park? They don't want local service to get to "mainland" Queens; the Q22 provides for those patrons all the local service they need (yes, within the Rockaways).... This is the main reason why the Q53 has long flourished down there & why the Q21 of old had been an absolute fail south of 164th.......

Running Q41's to Rockaway Park would yield the same ridership levels of the old Q21 b/w Rockaway Park & 164th..... It would make no difference.....

The only real solution is to have the Q52/53 make more stops..... Then the question becomes is it worth it....

Edited by B35 via Church

How do you know that they wouldn't use it then?

Because if they wanted service that bad they would already be using the QM2.  These people are already using the subway to the bus.  I don't see why suddenly they would pay more and make that switch. Not only that but areas south of 20th Avenue look like s***holes.  Not exactly tons of money there.  Now north of 20th Avenue I can see.  That's where the money is.

Because if they wanted service that bad they would already be using the QM2.  These people are already using the subway to the bus.  I don't see why suddenly they would pay more and make that switch. Not only that but areas south of 20th Avenue look like s***holes.  Not exactly tons of money there.  Now north of 20th Avenue I can see.  That's where the money is.

Have you even looked at the link I posted? The lowest point the route is on College Point Blvd under that plan is at 15th Avenue.

Yeah and he has never lived in College Point so he would not know what an area demands unless you actually are there.

Yeah for real, I don't see shopping on weekends near (not even in the community to begin with, but in Whitestone) any accurate for a rush hour only service in College Point.

Because the all-mighty express bus messiah has spoken

Lol. Aint that the truth.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

Because if they wanted service that bad they would already be using the QM2. These people are already using the subway to the bus. I don't see why suddenly they would pay more and make that switch. Not only that but areas south of 20th Avenue look like s***holes. Not exactly tons of money there. Now north of 20th Avenue I can see. That's where the money is.

OMG man now go to College Point and tell everyone that and watch what will happen lol. The QM2 doesn't hit College Point at all only Whitestone. If I lived all the way on the other side of College Point do you think I am going to walk for about 20 minutes just to use the QM2. Like I said before you have to be there to actually see what happened. You can't assume something about a place you never actually been to many times. I've been there hundreds of times visit friends up there so I know what goes on up there. I never say anything about Riverdale never been there never seen how people use their transportation, I've only passed by twice and that was on the highway over there and I don't even know the name of it.