Nassau Inter County Goof's

I really do question why they cut the Franklin Avenue stop from the n6X. I can understand people going straight to the from Hempstead but what about people waiting closer to Elmont?

Those people will have to wait for the N6 Local to take them to F Train.

Well, that's the issue, isn't it? Since the Express bypasses so many stops, all of the riders using any non express stop HAS to use the local, the result is that the local gets so packed that by the time it gets to Elmont, no one can board the bus!

What NICE didn't take into account is that the majority of riders going to/from the subway are in Elmont or Franklin Square. The Majority going to Hempstead are in Eastern Queens/Elmont/Franklin Square. The Express bypasses those stops. So for now the bus runs light, they'll add Meacham Ave to fill more seats and hope that they get new riders to take advantage of the quicker ride for cheaper price, over the LIRR or Driving.

I assume the reason 169th as an express stop isn't used is because there is more space at 179th. It is going to take some time for folks to adjust their commuting patterns and while NICE has done a good job at communicating changes, people are creatures of habit.

The 165st terminal also used to get a lot of Hempstead bound riders who would often walk from the E/J/Z trains at Jamaica.

I think it was purely to save money. They figured that most of the riders were probably coming from the (F), so there's no point in going further than 179th Street (though as you pointed out, some may come from the E/J/Z trains)

Those people will have to wait for the N6 Local to take them to F Train.

And therein lies the problem...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I caught 5 typos.

486479_111758378972294_308199839_n.jpg

1. What Q37 doing on Bell Blvd near 48th Av?

2. What What Q6 looking at Union Turnpike in Oakland Gardens?

3. They also forgot to put Q12.

4. Veolia put Q64 spelled backward with Q46.

5. Q36 and n6 route shown on 212th Place instead of Francis Lewis Blvd.

I caught 5 typos.

486479_111758378972294_308199839_n.jpg

1. What Q37 doing on Bell Blvd near 48th Av?

2. What What Q6 looking at Union Turnpike in Oakland Gardens?

3. They also forgot to put Q12.

4. Veolia put Q64 spelled backward with Q46.

5. Q36 and n6 route shown on 212th Place instead of Francis Lewis Blvd.

funny most ppl don't care as long as NICE info is accurate

It's a holiday weekend I bet they won't be available until Tuesday or later as Veolia offices are closed. They should have been posted on Friday or before to allow people to plan...

The website said schedules would be released at terminals last week. Clearly, they didn't want to put two sets of timetables on the website. They just forgot to update the website. A call to customer service on Tuesday might spark a reaction.

Archived