Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

Signal problems… (F) pulling into track 6 from the West End/Sea Beach side in service… going back out via West End.

(Q) train also just pulled out on track 4 via Sea Beach. Not a great day for folks east of Dahill Road (the street separating Sea Beach and Culver)

Edited by CenSin

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Part Suspended

(6) trains are suspended between 3 Av-138 St and Hunts Point Av in both directions.

Expect delays in (6) train service.

What's Happening?

EMS is responding to someone who was struck by a train at 3 Av-138 St.

For service between 3 Av-138 St and Hunts Point Av, consider taking the Bx17 or Bx19 bus.

See a station agent for a free courtesy pass for continued bus service.

Posted: 03/24/2022 05:45AM

5 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Part Suspended

(6) trains are suspended between 3 Av-138 St and Hunts Point Av in both directions.

Expect delays in (6) train service.

What's Happening?

EMS is responding to someone who was struck by a train at 3 Av-138 St.

For service between 3 Av-138 St and Hunts Point Av, consider taking the Bx17 or Bx19 bus.

See a station agent for a free courtesy pass for continued bus service.

Posted: 03/24/2022 05:45AM

Why are they not running subway shuttles to cover the sudden suspension?

5 hours ago, 4 via Mosholu said:

Why are they not running subway shuttles to cover the sudden suspension?

Subway shuttle  buses usually take time to deploy, especially during spontaneous outages, so by the time they're sent out, the issue has resolved itself. You also need to have the bus operators available and if it is during a rush hour period, you would have to siphon the drivers off of other routes, and cut service on nearby routes out of the same depot to cover the shuttle train route.  When shuttle buses are deployed during these spontaneous outages, it is likely because the impact to service will last hours, similar to how the (L) train derailment happened last week. The derailment happened during the overnight hours (around 10PM I think), but shuttle buses were announced around 4AM, and ran during the entire AM rush, with reduced service the whole day until about 5PM, when near-normal weekday service resumed. 

Reading this alert as the Manhattan-bound train I'm on pulls into Court Square. :rock:

Part Suspended

The last stop on 34 St-Hudson Yards-bound (7) trains will be Queensboro Plaza.

(7) trains are delayed in both directions while we work to correct a mechanical problem with a train at Hunters Point Av.

Consider taking (E)(F)(M)(N)(R) or (W) train for service between Queens and Manhattan.

Posted: 03/30/2022 09:58PM

Update:

Delays

(7) trains are delayed in both directions after we removed a train with mechanical problems from service at Hunters Point Av.

34 St-bound (7) trains have resumed regular service from Queensboro Plaza to 34 St-Hudson Yards.

Posted: 03/30/2022 10:06PM

Also, I'm stuck in the tunnel between Grand Central and 5th Ave <_<. At least I can get service. 

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

Ah, thank the transit gods that I decided to take the Q88 to NICE Bus today instead of taking the subway. This is the shit I'm talking about.

Delays

(E)(F) and Forest Hills-bound (R) trains are running with major delays in both directions.

We're working to address a signal problem at Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av and conducting track maintenance in Queens.

LIRR will accept all MetroCard and OMNY holders at no additional cost at Jamaica, Woodside and Penn Station,

Posted: 04/02/2022 03:21PM

Part Suspended

Very limited (7) trains are running between Queens & Manhattan while we remove debris from the tracks between Grand Central-42 St and Vernon Blvd-Jackson Av

Hudson Yards-bound (7) trains will arrive on the Main St-bound tracks between Hunters Point Av and 5 Av.

The last stop on some (7) trains will be Queensboro Plaza or Hunters Point Av.

Consider the (E)(F)(N)(R) trains for service between Queens and Manhattan or the M42 buses for service along 42 St.

Posted: 04/03/2022 07:59PM

(N) train riders get more service to brighten their day....

Trains Rerouted

Northbound (Q) trains are running along the (N) line from Coney Island-Stillwell Av to DeKalb Av.

Our crews are troubleshooting a mechanical problem on a train at Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr.

If your stop is skipped/missed, take a southbound train.

Expect delays on (N) service as they share the track with rerouted trains.

Posted: 04/08/2022 05:43AM

No word on why service was suspended between Union Square and 8th Avenue

Part Suspended

(L) trains are only running between Livonia Av and 14 St-Union Sq while our crews address a signal malfunction at Canarsie-Rockaway Pkwy.

There is no (L) train service between Livonia Av and Canarsie-Rockaway Pkwy.

Posted: 04/10/2022 12:54AM

Update:

Part Suspended

The last stop on Canarsie-bound (L) trains is East 105 St while our crews address a signal malfunction at Canarsie-Rockaway Pkwy.

There is no (L) train service between East 105 St and Canarsie-Rockaway Pkwy.

Posted: 04/10/2022 01:09AM

Rough night for the (L)

Part Suspended

(L) trains are suspended in both directions between 8 Av and Myrtle-Wyckoff Avs.

Our crews are addressing a train with a mechanical problem at Bedford Av.

As an alternative, consider taking the (A)(J) train or see buses near you at bustime.mta.info

See a station agent to request a free courtesy pass for local bus service.

Posted: 04/10/2022 02:37AM

12 minutes ago, CenSin said:

No alert about the (G) on Saturday night (9:00 PM) having smoke condition at Metropolitan Avenue? I was there. The south end of the station had smoke and smelled like a barbeque (minus the good food smell).

Didn't see anything on the MTA website about it, nor was it reported on Twitter.

Part Suspended

No (A) service to/from the Rockaways

The last stop on Far Rockaway-Mott Av-bound (A) trains will be Euclid Av.

(A) trains are delayed in both directions while FDNY responds to a track fire at Aqueduct Racetrack.

Take the Q7 or Q8 at Euclid Av to Rockaway Blvd and transfer to the Q52-SBS or Q53-SBS bus for service to/from the Rockaways.

Posted: 04/11/2022 02:39PM

Part Suspended

(B) trains are not running between Kings Hwy and Brighton Beach while we address signal problems at Brighton Beach.

For service between Kings Hwy and Brighton Beach, take a (Q) train.

Posted: 04/11/2022 03:10PM

Delays

(F)(G) trains are delayed in both directions while we investigate a set of malfunctioning signals near Church Av.

Southbound (F)(G) trains are running express from Smith-9 Sts to Church Av.

For service to/from bypassed stations, take a northbound train.

The last stop on some southbound (F) trains will be 2 Av.

Some southbound (F) trains are running on the (D) line from W 4 St-Wash Sq to Coney Island-Stillwell Av.

The last stop on some southbound (G) trains will be Bedford-Nostrand Avs.

You may wait longer for southbound (B)(D) trains as they share tracks with rerouted trains.

Posted: 04/11/2022 05:06PM

Also not mentioned: some (F)trains seem to appear to run over the (G)line between Bergen St and Court Sq for some reason. Probably to reduce congestion along the 6th Avenue lines.

3 hours ago, CyclonicTrainLookout said:

Delays

(F)(G) trains are delayed in both directions while we investigate a set of malfunctioning signals near Church Av.

Southbound (F)(G) trains are running express from Smith-9 Sts to Church Av.

For service to/from bypassed stations, take a northbound train.

The last stop on some southbound (F) trains will be 2 Av.

Some southbound (F) trains are running on the (D) line from W 4 St-Wash Sq to Coney Island-Stillwell Av.

The last stop on some southbound (G) trains will be Bedford-Nostrand Avs.

You may wait longer for southbound (B)(D) trains as they share tracks with rerouted trains.

Posted: 04/11/2022 05:06PM

Also not mentioned: some (F)trains seem to appear to run over the (G)line between Bergen St and Court Sq for some reason. Probably to reduce congestion along the 6th Avenue lines.

I got into the system at 15 Street–Prospect Park around 6 PM. Seeing the huge service gap and cascade of (F) trains piling up at Jay Street–MetroTech, I was pretty sure they would send all those late trains express. I took a (G) one stop north to 7 Avenue for the incoming <F>s. I was not disappointed.

Weirdly, they must have sent a (D) via Culver too, because at the terminal, there was a (D) on Track 5.

Edited by CenSin

(B) service has been suspended due to the on-going incident at 36 St (D)(N)(R) . (Q) trains running on the Brighton line local. However, Brighton Express is replaced by the (N) while going Local in Broadway means  (W) is also suspended. For CPW Local, use the   (C) train. 

Edited by Calvin

5 minutes ago, Vulturious said:

I thought (D) trains are already running via Culver. I'm looking at their site and it says they're running via the (F).

I think it's b/c of heavy traffic later in the afternoon. At that time, there are trains that'll start at C.I Yard to Kings Hwy for service and service is 4 minutes apart later during the PM rush. 

1 minute ago, Vulturious said:

I thought (D) trains are already running via Culver. I'm looking at their site and it says they're running via the (F).

I saw it just now; I was thinking it would be untenable for the (D) train to turn at Bleecker Street for the Pelham Bay Park (6) Local and Pelham Bay Park <6> Express. I would have had it turn at Grand Street while single tracking from Washington Square to Grand Street, but sending it to Culver was very smart.