Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I report to zerega monday, I'm very nervous I'm not going to pass this training.

shake the nerves and get rid of them, not going to help. They should subside once you get behind the wheel for a couple minutes. 

Just tell yourself " i got this " 

What did you do before this? 

hello everyone went in yesterday for medical But had to do a 2nd d/t  because the 1st  is going to expire soon . waiting to get the call for final processing. I didn't have to take the BOSS(which I wrote about in my first post) because I took it and pass less than a year ago.

list # early 800's

what happens during final processing? and Can someone please tell me how long is training?

You have to get cleared by the mta doctor. Then u get sworn in and they tell u what day u start training. Training is 10 days max, u could pass in 7 days tho.

Hey @mtagirl29 can u tell me which boss exam did you take exam# and did you take it before or after the 2613 exam Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

and good luckSent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I never took the BOSS for 2613 however I took the BOSS for another MTA exam summer '13 . I was told to come in and take the BOSS a a week after I took my d/t. After I stated that I took it already they looked into it and told me to come in a do the medical. Took the medical and was cleared but my d/t was going to expire so i took it over yesterday but i didn't my not processed as of yet

correction I didn't go through " final processing " yet  guess the wait continues lol... but I already have my license so hopefully everything works out

what happens during final processing? and Can someone please tell me how long is training?

For final processing theyll first give you another booklet its for the irs, nycers, etc. Youll then sit down with a investigator who'll look thru your 21 booklet and compare it with your pre interview booklet to make sure they match. They'll also tell you the next class date and ask if you can make it. Next you'll be given your rule book, ethics book, and insurance packet. Directions to and what to bring for zerega, you'll also be sworn in somewhere in there. Id photo taken, finger prints with another photo then thats it you feel great you go home get your stuff together and bide your time till orientation

As for training your investigator will go over that in detail but if you cant wait till then earlier in the thread around the page 200s or so wannabe, troop, and young go over training in great detail

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

I start training on monday and I was wondering can you wear any kind of hats like a baseball cap ???

Only MTA gear. I bought some MTA fitteds right away. When u get fitted for clothes after training they include some snapbacks

Actually everything takes close to 2 months until u finally on ur own ....After ur initial training ..if u pass ? then u go into line training which is 4 long ass weeks... and in between u got RTS training and Admin days at Zerega......  Yo Pips whata up...its me ur Jarhead classmate from Jamaica....Good luck to everyone , stay focus...LISTEN TO YOUR INSTRUCTORS !... if u really want it ...its up to you to reach out and take it !!!

Actually everything takes close to 2 months until u finally on ur own ....After ur initial training ..if u pass ? then u go into line training which is 4 long ass weeks... and in between u got RTS training and Admin days at Zerega......  Yo Pips whata up...its me ur Jarhead classmate from Jamaica....Good luck to everyone , stay focus...LISTEN TO YOUR INSTRUCTORS !... if u really want it ...its up to you to reach out and take it !!!

haha!! whats up man - he is right, listen to him. Although training all together is  6 weeks, but it feels like 8. That's for sure. The first 7-10 day training flies by though. 

Went to Zerega for orientation today, have to report to Gun Hill tomorrow for training with Supt Doyle. I live about 2 minutes from Charleston depot in Staten Island, so Gun Hill is literally the furthest depot from my house. I am going to leave at 6AM to get there for 9AM, hope thats enough time. My nerves are shot as it is, a three hour commute one way is not going to help lol

Went to Zerega for orientation today, have to report to Gun Hill tomorrow for training with Supt Doyle. I live about 2 minutes from Charleston depot in Staten Island, so Gun Hill is literally the furthest depot from my house. I am going to leave at 6AM to get there for 9AM, hope thats enough time. My nerves are shot as it is, a three hour commute one way is not going to help lol

I did my line training out of Gun Hill, it was 3 hours each way..but I took a bus to ferry to train to train to bus. From the VZ its only about 40 minutes. I got a ride 2-3x up there, we always left before 6 because the traffic gets real heavy. We went the 278 route though, your best bet is turnpike straight up. 

I did my line training out of Gun Hill, it was 3 hours each way..but I took a bus to ferry to train to train to bus. From the VZ its only about 40 minutes. I got a ride 2-3x up there, we always left before 6 because the traffic gets real heavy. We went the 278 route though, your best bet is turnpike straight up.

What time did you have to be there? I'm going to leave at 6am. Three hours should be good no? I'm driving taking the GW.

Hi all, I've been reading up on the info on this forum and I must say thanks for all the useful info. Anybody knows if anyone in the 900's have been called down for medical as yet. I'm in the 930's and just want to make sure i dont get skipped over. Thanks and congrats to all who have graudated from training and all who are in training and all like me thats waiting.

What time did you have to be there? I'm going to leave at 6am. Three hours should be good no? I'm driving taking the GW.

you should be fine going the turnpike way and leaving that time.

I did my line training there for pretty much the whole month of March, I had to report anywhere from 4:50AM to 7:15AM, it was brutal, slept at the depot a couple times because it didn't make sense to come home. 

Archived