Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

From what we were told, no November classes. Most likely until the general pick is over and the 126 issue is settled.

On another note, today was my road test. i got the examiner known as the "Terminator". a real PRICK. However, i managed to pass with 2 slight errors. I was thankful to make it past him. I continue line training out of my depot and look forwards to graduation day!!

Congrats on passing your road test. Do u know when is the general pick?

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats on passing your road test. Do u know when is the general pick?

Thanks, the pick has already begun, There are so many operators. We have been told it will be our, rookies, turn to pick sometime early Dec. But as for now, its high seniority picking routes and runs and RDOs. Its like a 2 month process or longer

Thanks, the pick has already begun, There are so many operators. We have been told it will be our, rookies, turn to pick sometime early Dec. But as for now, its high seniority picking routes and runs and RDOs. Its like a 2 month process or longer

FML I was looking to getting on by the end of the year... I guess that's not happening

U way off. They still in the 200's for medical. The next class is in feb since tomorrow is the last day to make the jan 13th class. And what makes it bad is they mixing the class up with mta bus, & mabstoa drivers. They prob get to the 1300's by sept. Even tho I wish the list went as fast as u stated.

Lol I was wrong. They sure did get to the 2100's by September.

Lol I was wrong. They sure did get to the 2100's by September.

I'm 21** and I got a letter... I did the drug test and filled in some paperwork and they gave me a 21 page booklet telling me that I would expect a call from 2-90 day's

I'm 21** and I got a letter... I did the drug test and filled in some paperwork and they gave me a 21 page booklet telling me that I would expect a call from 2-90 day's

I hope they do another class, im not sure if the 10/20 class is full already, but from what we were told the 10/20 was the last class for this year. They could have had a change of plans since telling us that. Only time will tell.

same here, i'm high 19** and i took my drug test and did my paperwork on 09/19 and was told I would get a call anywhere between 2 and 90 days... really hope their isn't going to be a hiring freeze. Keeping my fingers crossed.

How was Orientation and where are you training out of?

It was all good today we where in the class room and did paper work , I'm training out of Flatbush

Wat depot are u going to be training out of?

It was all good today we where in the class room and did paper work , I'm training out of Flatbush

there wouldn't be any way you could ask the superintendent if there are any more classes going in after yours is there? Maybe he would have some information about that... Thanks

same here, i'm high 19** and i took my drug test and did my paperwork on 09/19 and was told I would get a call anywhere between 2 and 90 days... really hope their isn't going to be a hiring freeze. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I just wished it was before the year was over that we got called in... If you get a call from transit to do the second part of the process can you just let me know. I would definitely appreciate it... At least at that point I would know where I stand myself

there wouldn't be any way you could ask the superintendent if there are any more classes going in after yours is there? Maybe he would have some information about that... Thanks

I just wished it was before the year was over that we got called in... If you get a call from transit to do the second part of the process can you just let me know. I would definitely appreciate it... At least at that point I would know where I stand myself

I will find out any information for you guys and keep you updated with what ever I can !!!

Nice brother, stay focused. Whose your superintendent?

if you need any help or have any questions reach out to me, ill share wle i can with you

whats up everyone? I was hired from the 2613 exam back in December. Wish I knew about this site back then, but very informative.

My advice to you. If you can, go to Staten Island. I know you may not live here - or know anything about it...but it is a different world from the other boroughs. You will have a much less stressful career. We have the lowest incident rate by far - whether vehicular incident or incident with passengers. 

There have been a lot of guys who were forced here and a lot are staying- some have already relocated. You can commute too. We have guys from all the other boroughs, Long Island, NJ and PA. 55 minute drive to PA from Charleston depot, CHEAP  real estate out there . 

Highest avg salary of all the boroughs. Quicker to get weekends off if thats what you want. Takes 5-12 years in the other boroughs, 2.5-5 here. 

Now for the people that want to go to SI, the depots out here are full now. They were understaffed this time last year - now maxed out. So I don't see any new classes coming here until late 2015 when a new retiring class will leave. I could be wrong but thats the feedback I get when I ask around. I already have 120 people below me here islandwide, work AMs and have Thursday/Friday off. Unheard of this quick in the other boroughs.

The hiring freeze you guys been talking about makes sense. System pick started in the other boroughs like 3-4 weeks ago - they have a lot of drivers to go thru - out here on SI they just posted the proposed system pick today - we will pick starting at the end of Nov - it says it will go into effect January 5th. 

This is from the new contract with regards to transferring to other boroughs

Transfers: BMB’s who are forced to Staten Island from the School Room must work on Staten Island for one year before they can transfer.( If a BMB who works in another Borough or is graduating from the School Room and wishes to transfer to Staten Island the one year will be waived for the senior most BMB wishing to transfer off Staten Island to the available opening in the other Borough.)

Alot of good stuff in the new contract, only thing that stinks is all those hired after 9/24 now need 5 years til top pay instead of 3. Who cares, its a great job & IMO very underrated when compared to other city jobs. 

I started my 7-10 day training at Jamaica depot , line training was at Gun Hill in the Bronx - was stuck out there for a couple months then I got my transfer to SI. I'll tell you one thing, I miss those articulated buses, they were great and cool to drive.

Any  questions just ask...good to luck to all of you. 

whats up everyone? I was hired from the 2613 exam back in December. Wish I knew about this site back then, but very informative.

My advice to you. If you can, go to Staten Island. I know you may not live here - or know anything about it...but it is a different world from the other boroughs. You will have a much less stressful career. We have the lowest incident rate by far - whether vehicular incident or incident with passengers. 

There have been a lot of guys who were forced here and a lot are staying- some have already relocated. You can commute too. We have guys from all the other boroughs, Long Island, NJ and PA. 55 minute drive to PA from Charleston depot, CHEAP  real estate out there . 

Highest avg salary of all the boroughs. Quicker to get weekends off if thats what you want. Takes 5-12 years in the other boroughs, 2.5-5 here. 

Now for the people that want to go to SI, the depots out here are full now. They were understaffed this time last year - now maxed out. So I don't see any new classes coming here until late 2015 when a new retiring class will leave. I could be wrong but thats the feedback I get when I ask around. I already have 120 people below me here islandwide, work AMs and have Thursday/Friday off. Unheard of this quick in the other boroughs.

The hiring freeze you guys been talking about makes sense. System pick started in the other boroughs like 3-4 weeks ago - they have a lot of drivers to go thru - out here on SI they just posted the proposed system pick today - we will pick starting at the end of Nov - it says it will go into effect January 5th. 

Transfers: BMB’s who are forced to Staten Island from the School Room must work on Staten Island for one year before they can transfer.( If a BMB who works in another Borough or is graduating from the School Room and wishes to transfer to Staten Island the one year will be waived for the senior most BMB wishing to transfer off Staten Island to the available opening in the other Borough.)

Alot of good stuff in the new contract, only thing that stinks is all those hired after 9/24 now need 5 years til top pay instead of 3. Who cares, its a great job & IMO very underrated when compared to other city jobs. 

I started my 7-10 day training at Jamaica depot , line training was at Gun Hill in the Bronx - was stuck out there for a couple months then I got my transfer to SI. I'll tell you one thing, I miss those articulated buses, they were great and cool to drive.

Any  questions just ask...good to luck to all of you.

I appreciate the information but all I got to say is on the 2613 exam PDF file it particularly States in the special working conditions that bus operator's may be required to work various shifts including nights, Saturday, Sunday and holidays. Point being where I'm trying to get at is if someone is looking to get weekend's off from work right away then this is not the job for them

I appreciate the information but all I got to say is on the 2613 exam PDF file it particularly States in the special working conditions that bus operator's may be required to work various shifts including nights, Saturday, Sunday and holidays. Point being where I'm trying to get at is if someone is looking to get weekend's off from work right away then this is not the job fo

Yes, but I was stating the difference between the boroughs. Anyone who is looking to get a city job knows they won't have weekends off for awhile. 

There have been a lot of guys who were forced here and a lot are staying- some have already relocated. You can commute too. We have guys from all the other boroughs, Long Island, NJ and PA. 55 minute drive to PA from Charleston depot, CHEAP real estate out there .

Transfers: BMB’s who are forced to Staten Island from the School Room must work on Staten Island for one year before they can transfer.( If a BMB who works in another Borough or is graduating from the School Room and wishes to transfer to Staten Island the one year will be waived for the senior most BMB wishing to transfer off Staten Island to the available opening in the other Borough.)

Any questions just ask...good to luck to all of you.

There have been a lot of guys who were forced here and a lot are staying- some have already relocated. You can commute too. We have guys from all the other boroughs, Long Island, NJ and PA. 55 minute drive to PA from Charleston depot, CHEAP real estate out there .

Transfers: BMB’s who are forced to Staten Island from the School Room must work on Staten Island for one year before they can transfer.( If a BMB who works in another Borough or is graduating from the School Room and wishes to transfer to Staten Island the one year will be waived for the senior most BMB wishing to transfer off Staten Island to the available opening in the other Borough.)

Any questions just ask...good to luck to all of you.

@guiness316. I have my CDL b passenger already. Just wondering how hard is the bus operator driving training??

Hows the training going? Tomorrow should be the 10.20's class Day 5. Any updates

Training is going awesome my instructer is a very good teacher and has a good style to him which make its much eaiser and less stress full , I'm just praying and hoping me self and 3 others all qualify for day 7 then off to line training !!!

@guiness316. I have my CDL b passenger already. Just wondering how hard is the bus operator driving training??

If you have your CDL already youre off to a better start than most, however part of passing their training is humbling yourself. I saw students WHOVE NEVER driven a buss, drive better than school bus drivers and tractor trailer drivers. They had habits that was hard to break. Assuming you go in humble and dont take any habits with you the training is very do able. They start from the very basic

- Starting the bus and inspecting

- Navigating through city strees

- Turning, Tight hook turns and basic turns

- Reversing straight and parking

- Zigzagging in and out of pillars

- Heavy City Traffic, very congested to moderate.

Its not hard at all i enjoyed my training and made it out in 7 Days.

Training is going awesome my instructer is a very good teacher and has a good style to him which make its much eaiser and less stress full , I'm just praying and hoping me self and 3 others all qualify for day 7 then off to line training !!!

Great to here Steve. Hoping you guys all make it out on Wednesday!! Tomorrow is very important as well as day 7. If you climb a curb or have to reverse tomorrow, Day 6, you will more than likely have to go to day 9 regardless of your day 7 performance. Dont even give the superintendent a reason to trolly brake you. If you have a clean day tomorrow 90% chance youre going to qualify Day 7.

Best of luck brother!!!

For what its worth, the 9.22.14 class finishes Line training next week. We Graduate Wednesday! Pretty excited to be cut lose.

Archived