Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im aware of all that youngnyc. The 10 day training IMO is the only somewhat hard step but knowing myself ill do anything and everything it takes to pass it (including going in with the right attitude), especially since i been reading these forums for about a year know and getting great tips from people like yourself(i also have great driving instincs). Im not worried about background check, drug test or medical. Only thing that worries me a little is keeping my license clean for the next 1-2 years because i drive every day in manhattan and its easy to get into an accident with those fu**ing yellow cabs or catch a few BS speeding tickets (like getting a ticket for doing a 31 on a 25 kind of crap). I know im looking ahead but its just a small concern i have thats all

Amen! Just keep thinking positive and you should be fine.

1) Mother Clara Hale (MCH) is a OA Depot, not TA. At present TA is not getting a replacement Depot in Manhattan due to the closing of 126 St.

2) I was re-hired back in April from Exam 2613 (TA) I did line training at Gun Hill and stayed. At general pick I was able to re-pick Gun Hill. TA and OA operators can pick into each others Depots at General pick (Except for Queens and S.I.). Once you choose Queens or S.I you are there for life. At present they are not part of consolidation.

3) You get to choose where you line train based on your seniority in your class and depending on where the openings are. then at general pick you can move around based on space and your seniority.

BTW Yeah Yeah Yeah, shout out to everybody from April 21 class Happy Holidays....

1) Mother Clara Hale (MCH) is a OA Depot, not TA. At present TA is not getting a replacement Depot in Manhattan due to the closing of 126 St.

2) I was re-hired back in April from Exam 2613 (TA) I did line training at Gun Hill and stayed. At general pick I was able to re-pick Gun Hill. TA and OA operators can pick into each others Depots at General pick (Except for Queens and S.I.). Once you choose Queens or S.I you are there for life. At present they are not part of consolidation.

3) You get to choose where you line train based on your seniority in your class and depending on where the openings are. then at general pick you can move around based on space and your seniority.

BTW Yeah Yeah Yeah, shout out to everybody from April 21 class Happy Holidays....

Thanks for that info but i have a question. Is it true that its best for probies to finish their probation at the depot they started in or it doesnt matter if you switch depot in mid probation?????

Thanks for that info but i have a question. Is it true that its best for probies to finish their probation at the depot they started in or it doesnt matter if you switch depot in mid probation?????

It does not matter. If you get your transfer for whatever reason before general pick, you don't pass it up.

Just checking in, its been a while. Im from the 9.22 class. I qualified out of Qns, and was able to pick into my Choice, Kingsbridge Depot in the BX Being that i live super close and know most of the lines. However, due to whats happening at 126 and a lot of operators looking for new homes, the entire 9.22 class as well as every class behind it that came into KB were bumped out.

A group of atleast 10 are all going to MCH. The only thing that i would mention about probation and moving around is that i can say im 3 months in, know all of my lines. All 12 as well as all of the ADAs. Now that im comfortable, were getting sent to Clara Hale. So its just adjusting to and learning those lines and all announcements. They are so important to transit, violation worthy.

However, MCH is supposed to be a beautiful building, sick Gym, etc so were all looking forward to it.

My Manhattan drivers almost finished wl prob, how is it? I think i can speak on everyone going from the BX to Manhattan, Were just a little concerned wl the change of environment.

Well everyone wish me luck all went good today going into the 12/29 class. Anyone thats gone to the training center is it possible to drive there?

Yes it is possible since a family member dropped me off in order to be there by 7 AM. As far as parking, there is a school bus company across the street. So when school is closed, it's good. When school is open, it's not good.

Well everyone wish me luck all went good today going into the 12/29 class. Anyone thats gone to the training center is it possible to drive there?

Yeah u going to have a lot of parking because the school bus driver are going to b on vacation.

Just checking in, its been a while. Im from the 9.22 class. I qualified out of Qns, and was able to pick into my Choice, Kingsbridge Depot in the BX Being that i live super close and know most of the lines. However, due to whats happening at 126 and a lot of operators looking for new homes, the entire 9.22 class as well as every class behind it that came into KB were bumped out.

A group of atleast 10 are all going to MCH. The only thing that i would mention about probation and moving around is that i can say im 3 months in, know all of my lines. All 12 as well as all of the ADAs. Now that im comfortable, were getting sent to Clara Hale. So its just adjusting to and learning those lines and all announcements. They are so important to transit, violation worthy.

However, MCH is supposed to be a beautiful building, sick Gym, etc so were all looking forward to it.

My Manhattan drivers almost finished wl prob, how is it? I think i can speak on everyone going from the BX to Manhattan, Were just a little concerned wl the change of environment.

Interesting

Once you complete the 7-10 day training, while at Zerega you will fill out a request for Queens or S.I. or sign it declining those 2 divisions .If you line train in Bronx, Manhattan, or Brooklyn you will stay at that depot until you pick out at the general consolidation pick which usually goes into effect first week of January after the holidays. Very rarely are you forced into Queens or S.I for line training but it has happened.

If you line train in Bronx, Manhattan or Brooklyn it may take 1-month to a year to get transferred to Queens or S.I.

You will pick line training depots after day 10 and everybody in the class either passes or fails out, you get to pick in order of your 2613 list number and what depots have openings. So you may be pushed into somewhere you don't want to be at the beginning and stay there most of the year until the general pick.

Once you complete the 7-10 day training, while at Zerega you will fill out a request for Queens or S.I. or sign it declining those 2 divisions .If you line train in Bronx, Manhattan, or Brooklyn you will stay at that depot until you pick out at the general consolidation pick which usually goes into effect first week of January after the holidays. Very rarely are you forced into Queens or S.I for line training but it has happened.

If you line train in Bronx, Manhattan or Brooklyn it may take 1-month to a year to get transferred to Queens or S.I.

You will pick line training depots after day 10 and everybody in the class either passes or fails out, you get to pick in order of your 2613 list number and what depots have openings. So you may be pushed into somewhere you don't want to be at the beginning and stay there most of the year until the general pick.

A lot of classes from 2613 had people who were forced to SI. It is far from uncommon.

My list number is 21** and I was sent a letter back in late September started the process and they told me I would get a call back with in 2 to 90 day's and I still haven't heard anything yet, is anyone in this forum with a similar list number in the same situation as I am?

My list number is 21** and I was sent a letter back in late September started the process and they told me I would get a call back with in 2 to 90 day's and I still haven't heard anything yet, is anyone in this forum with a similar list number in the same situation as I am?

I'm in the same situation, my list number is 19** and I was told the same thing mid September after I took my first drug test.

They were sent to Queens and S.I for 7-10 day training. Because Queens and S.I are ATU unions they usually don't go for line training unless there's an urgent need. out of 1800 who graduated about 25 where forced temporarily. Yes, it has happened. Matter fact Queens and S.I was up on the board for line training may be twice for line training thru-out this whole exam so far.

They were sent to Queens and S.I for 7-10 day training. Because Queens and S.I are ATU unions they usually don't go for line training unless there's an urgent need. out of 1800 who graduated about 25 where forced temporarily. Yes, it has happened. Matter fact Queens and S.I was up on the board for line training may be twice for line training thru-out this whole exam so far.

you don't get sent to SI for 7-10 day training. SI is on the board for the depots you pick or get forced into after you pass the 7-10

Archived