Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

Hey I'm new to this forum but I have a couple questions if anyone can answer....

A) I have my pre employment interview on November 12th but I can't accept at the moment because I have an accident that's still on my record

And does not come off till next August..... Can anyone give info on work it works when you take your name off the list and it's time to put it back on??? Is it a long wait?? Would it affect my chances of being employed if I decided to go knowing that I have the accident record??

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow this is crazy 30,000 ppl took the exam and the list consists of 3361 ppl

did you receive a letter

No I didn't but Im told by RTS a few OA and TA operators and by NJT chief regional (an ex ENY operator) that MTA calls back in groups of 500 I believe Ill hear from them before the end of winter.

The people who got the letter's our the first 500 from the list. Now the 1-3 rule will kick in because only 1 person has 108 and 100 so they are safe the rest will see what happens so many of the same scores from high to low. Now the screening starts If they don't take everyone from this group then they will send letter's out to screen the next group.

I wonder now if there would be much of a 1 - 3 rule being that there are only 3, 621 candidates. You have to consider some of those won't have a cdl permit, some have jobs they can't afford to risk giving up (rent, children, food needed to guarantee to put on the table), some will fail the medical and training. Some have moved on since applying, etc., etc. With the number of candidates who have not even scored 70% and not making the list is making this a pretty short one in comparison to other established lists. I mean come on! If they're going to need as many drivers as I'm hearin. If they put a 1 - 3 rule into effect that would leave them just under 1,000 candidates. I know the 4600 exam is back up but would they or could they afford/want to do this?

I wonder now if there would be much of a 1 - 3 rule being that there are only 3, 621 candidates. You have to consider some of those won't have a cdl permit, some have jobs they can't afford to risk giving up (rent, children, food needed to guarantee to put on the table), some will fail the medical and training. Some have moved on since applying, etc., etc. With the number of candidates who have not even scored 70% and not making the list is making this a pretty short one in comparison to other established lists. I mean come on! If they're going to need as many drivers as I'm hearin. If they put a 1 - 3 rule into effect that would leave them just under 1,000 candidates. I know the 4600 exam is back up but would they or could they afford/want to do this?

I feel the same way my reason was a lot more simpler tho I have a subscription to the chief and when it says that a list is established it typically also states that the list is subject to the 1-3 rule and for 2613 it didn't but they could simply state that later

Are you on any other exams?

IronboundNjt

I was told they will used this list next year.

I believe they are screening everyone to see who they want. 

2301, 3101, and still applied for 4600 and currently hoping to be called back for another interview with LIRR for conductor

If they don't get  the people they want from 2613 and 4600 guess what they will put out more exams.

What's messed up their were over 18,000 people that took 2301 and only 3,621 from 34,435 that passed from 2613. I hope most pass the 1-10 training. because last exam 8006 over 2,331 didn't make it. 

If they don't get the people they want from 2613 and 4600 guess what they will put out more exams.

What's messed up their were over 18,000 people that took 2301 and only 3,621 from 34,435 that passed from 2613. I hope most pass the 1-10 training. because last exam 8006 over 2,331 didn't make it.

How many ppl was on the 8006 list?

Never mind I got the answer.

There are 3,758 on the 8006 list.

No I didn't but Im told by RTS a few OA and TA operators and by NJT chief regional (an ex ENY operator) that MTA calls back in groups of 500 I believe Ill hear from them before the end of winter.

well i thought they called numbers 1-500? my list number is 99X i was thinking ill be in the next 500 to get called

List number 116 and still no letter for pre-interview...SMH!!

thats weird cause they called 1-500 already 

Hey guys, my appointment for the interview is for tomorrow at 7:30. I had notified my job and told them I can't make it in tomorrow. I had someone to cover me but they had an emergency, now my boss said I need to come in or they will let me go. I really can't afford to lose my job right now.

Is there a way I can postpone this just for a week or two? Please help!

Hey guys, my appointment for the interview is for tomorrow at 7:30. I had notified my job and told them I can't make it in tomorrow. I had someone to cover me but they had an emergency, now my boss said I need to come in or they will let me go. I really can't afford to lose my job right now.

Hi.....wow, honestly I heard this is a one time shot when it comes to this. I believe if you do not come they will not consider you at this time.

I hope I am wrong, but I think that is the case. Mine is Friday so I have to call out sick. But I am so damn sorry if you have to miss this appointment:( I hope you can somehow make it. Best of luck to you!

Call them though.....maybe the date can be changed for you because truthfully this could be your future! Call them and tell them you cannot make it, maybe they can change the date to something later this week. Best of luck to you sssick!

Hi guys! Well the week is finally here. I am a nervous wreck! How about all of you? Can't believe that it's been 17 months since I applied to this position. I am praying for each and every one of you. I still can't believe over 30,000 people failed the exam and the BOSS.

One thing, the letter we all received, does state the minimum at processing is to have a CDL Permit with Passenger endorsement and no air brake restrictions. If the person has a CDL already, will that work in the applicant's favor? Or it doesn't matter?

Thank you all again, and good luck!

Hey guys.. Just reading thru some of the post and looking thru the list. I scored 90 and got a list number of 116, but never received a pre-employment appointment letter. I'm wondering if it got lost in the mail or if my wife or daughter accidentally threw it away.... Gonna call DCAS tomorrow. Can anyone describe what the envelope looked like (big or small).. Did it have the MTA logo on it?? Thanks!

Archived