Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

I can't say. When you make day 7 and when everyone is done with road training you will pick into a depot there will be a paper just for ATU only depots if you want to pick for ATU which is SI and queens then you will pick a depot from there. If you don't want ATU then you pick from the board and whatever is up there when it's your turn to pick. 

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

amu won arbitration last year so now they get paid the same rate as twu100 drivers, a friend of mine got a huge retro check, from what i understand that a bus driver told me is that you get 1 lifetime switch from twu100 to amu. Once you get into Staten island then you are there for life.

Just talked to 2 dispatchers at the eltingville transfer station. They said that alot of people get put on staten island that want to leave because there are alot of openings. Also must have thick skin and love driving.

Hey people good luck to everyone. I'm list #3X interview at 730am 11/4.

On the app it says to list all traffic violations. The DMV abstract only goes back three years. Do they really want you to list ALL traffic violations that you have ever received?

Also do you need to include the abstract? It doesnt say that you do which seems weird.

Can anyone OTJ say how strict they are about your driving record? I haven't gotten anything in a couple of years but I'm gonna need more than the three spaces they give you.

I got like 3 tint tickets. Do you need to include that?

Tint tickets dont count....they are like parking tickets.

Think of it like auto insurance....what ever insursnce cares about..the mta will.

I got a question speaking of tickets....what about out of state tickets from MA n CT....they appear on abstracts but carry no points. Does mta look at that?

What about tickets sealed? It did say on the app u dont have to disclose sealed tickets....do we DONT have to right them down?

Hello all. I hope I can find the clarification here that I need. I just received my letter for pre interview and lab screening. I currently hold CDL C as I'm working for Access A Ride. I already have passenger endorsement. Do I now need to take CDL B permit test with air brakes endorsement before next Tuesday which is my date of interview?

Hello all. I hope I can find the clarification here that I need. I just received my letter for pre interview and lab screening. I currently hold CDL C as I'm working for Access A Ride. I already have passenger endorsement. Do I now need to take CDL B permit test with air brakes endorsement before next Tuesday which is my date of interview?

I am pretty sure that you would need to go and get the CDL B permit, I was told as long as u have the receipt from the DMV you are fine.

You guys can call this # and follow the prompts for your list #, it seems it has just begun to update. I use to call it and get no info, now I call and am told the exam was given. It did not tell me my list #, but I did receive that the other day. Maybe it is updating...

thank u for the info. One other question. My list number is 120 so how long after pre interview should I expect to be called for medical and training. Thanks!!!!!

I was told about a month after....with the holidays coming I would assume right before or after Christmas sounds about right.

All u have to do is pass the air brakes test. And pay the fee to get the class B permit.

You guys can call this # and follow the prompts for your list #, it seems it has just begun to update. I use to call it and get no info, now I call and am told the exam was given. It did not tell me my list #, but I did receive that the other day. Maybe it is updating...

I was told about a month after....with the holidays coming I would assume right before or after Christmas sounds about right.

I just called 5 minutes ago and was told that list was not established... :rolleyes:

Congrats to everyone that got a list number! As for myself I checked my answer sheet against the proposed answer key and got a score of 90. I took the BOSS exam back in June and was told that I would receive my combined score in mid September along with a list #... I still have not receive anything. I'm new to taking civil service exams. My question is If I'm not in consideration for a bus operator position would they notify me of such? It would be nice to know...Thanks fellas! This forum has been very helpful

[quote name="Rm3271" post="724465"

Congrats to everyone that got a list number! As for myself I checked my answer sheet against the proposed answer key and got a score of 90. I took the BOSS exam back in June and was told that I would receive my combined score in mid September along with a list #... I still have not receive anything. I'm new to taking civil service exams. My question is If I'm not in consideration for a bus operator position would they notify me of such? It would be nice to know...Thanks fellas! This forum has been very helpful

you

should receive something in the mail , if not call mta or email them

One of two things could have happened (not to be negative)~

a) You could have failed the BOSS exam and NYC Transit did not notify those candidates yet.

b) You put down some different answers on your bubble sheet compared to the "Candidate Personal Record of Answers" form back in January.

As Tone 718 said, I would call them. Or, if you are really anxious about this, go down to 180 Livingston Street and try to talk to someone about this.

Thanks for the advice fellas.... I'm pretty sure the answers I copied were the same ones I put on the answer sheet.... I think I'll just wait a couple of weeks to see if I receive anything in the mail. I worked for the MTA Long Island Bus for 12 years up until they left in 2012.. About 50 of us drivers took Exam 2613 and the BOSS back in June and none have received anything yet. When the MTA left Long Island we all were taken out of the NYS pension system so we are trying to get back in... I'll check with BSC if I don't hear anything by the end of the year... Good luck to all!

I work for access a ride and I had a pick up today at 2 broadway around 530 pm. TWU local 100 had a rally today down there for a new contract. Man you should've seen it all them transit workers with them green hats and shirts. But anyway thats great news for us if were blessed to get hired because the starting pay and the top pay will be different.

Hey guys first post here.

I recieved my letter last week, list number in the 20's. Something seems wrong with these list numbers. I only got a 93 on the first test. There were thousands of people that took this test. Every other civil service test given has at least hundreds of people get 100's. With a score of 93 on a sanitation or cop test would be in the 5000's or higher. I'm wondering if this is a real list or not. DCAS still says the list has not been established.

Anyone else think this is incorrect?

I recieved my letter last week, list number in the 20's. Something seems wrong with these list numbers. I only got a 93 on the first test. There were thousands of people that took this test. Every other civil service test given has at least hundreds of people get 100's. With a score of 93 on a sanitation or cop test would be in the 5000's or higher. I'm wondering if this is a real list or not. DCAS still says the list has not been established.

You sure? Each question was worth 1.25 points, how did you get a 93? And your right, about 30,000 people took the exam and at least half took the boss.... It doesn't add up! Time will tell! Good luck on your pre-interview.

You sure? Each question was worth 1.25 points, how did you get a 93? And your right, about 30,000 people took the exam and at least half took the boss.... It doesn't add up! Time will tell! Good luck on your pre-interview.

It does add up, top scores on this exam are usually 10 or less wrong, I had 9 wrong and I am in the first group called as well. Has been the same for past exams

Archived