2012 MLB Thread

Shortline Bus

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Philip Humber just pitched a perfect game for the White Sox out in Seattle.

I have never cheered so hard for a team other than the Yankees. Good for him.

Surprising how he was one of the players dealt by the Mets for Santana. I never thought he was going to pan out, but this is fantastic.

Also what's more sad is this should've been the 23rd Perfect game. Mussina's near perfect game had he got one more strike against f'ing Carl Everrett. And of course that Galarraga [Tigers] botched by the 1st base ump's call that cost him a perfect game. Is he even around?

Surprising how he was one of the players dealt by the Mets for Santana. I never thought he was going to pan out, but this is fantastic.

The ex-Met factor strikes again!

Regarding your other point... I have no idea. Anyone remember Dallas Braden either?

Yeah, very true. oh nm about Galeraga. From wiki: seems like Baltimore released him early this month. Seems like whatever shot he had with that game disappeared. Sucks to be him.

On the Pineda shoulder saga, seems like another setback. OH noes... but from what I've read on some baseball sites, it seems Montero is having an 'ok' season. Could be in part due to being a catcher and in a pitcher's park..

Can't judge a trade too soon either on Michael Pineda and Jesus Montero. Noesi hasn't pitched well even if it's only three games. Jose Campos (cousin of Alcides Escobar and former big leaguer Kelvim Escobar) is the other player not mentioned in the Pineda trade. He's in Low A Charleston and might be ready for the show in 3-4 years barring injury and inneffectiveness. He's really good, check out his stats Small Sample and all: http://www.milb.com/..._pbp&pid=553883 and he also has a cousin on the Giants' farm system who is good also, Edwin Escobar.

Would like to say congrats to A.J. Burnett on picking up his first win as a Pirate. 7 shutout innings with 7 K's is pretty good against the Cardinals. It's April guys, remember that Burnett ALWAYS pitched great in April. His inconsistency will arrive soon enough even though I'm rooting for him except when he faces the Yankees.

Does anybody think Matt Kemp will be 50-50 this year? Already has 9 home runs. I guess he's right, Beastmode never sleeps.

Would like to say congrats to A.J. Burnett on picking up his first win as a Pirate. 7 shutout innings with 7 K's is pretty good against the Cardinals. It's April guys, remember that Burnett ALWAYS pitched great in April. His inconsistency will arrive soon enough even though I'm rooting for him except when he faces the Yankees.

Does anybody think Matt Kemp will be 50-50 this year? Already has 9 home runs. I guess he's right, Beastmode never sleeps.

Matt Kemp is the best unknown superstar(even playing for the Dodgers)not just in MLB but all of sports in last couple of years. As soon as the final papers(should be done by May 1)giving Magic Johnson's ownership group, the Dodgers need to sign Mr. Kemp to long term deal. And no i don't mean the idiotic AROD or "King Albert" 8-10 year contracts either.

Matt Kemp is the best unknown superstar(even playing for the Dodgers)not just in MLB but all of sports in last couple of years. As soon as the final papers(should be done by May 1)giving Magic Johnson's ownership group, the Dodgers need to sign Mr. Kemp to long term deal. And no i don't mean the idiotic AROD or "King Albert" 8-10 year contracts either.

Shortline they already did, I believe they gave him 8 years about $160 million I think. Yeah they did this past offseason. Link: http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20111118&content_id=25998864&c_id=mlb

Dumb Question guys. Did Fox go away from the Yanks/Red Sox game to show the Perfect game from Seattle and show to the entire country? I was out the whole day.

FYI. Good call by Dave Sims a former WFAN-AM host and now MLB on FOX/Mariners Broadcaster and during NFL season CBS/Westwood One Radio Announcer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBYUnh2mTRA&feature=related

Great pitching duel overall, too bad the Yankees couldn't give Kuroda any support especially with the way Yu was dealing out there. What can you do against that guy? Just tip him the cap and go get them Rangers tomorrow.

At least Kuroda gave up just 2. And Yankees usually don't do well against someone they never saw before, so I'll save my comments about Darvish for the next time they meet.

That's going to be a long time... Texas comes to town for a four game set in mid-August. And that's it.

If Kuroda can keep making starts like this we'll have three consistent starters now that CC seems to have settled down.

And Yankees usually don't do well against someone they never saw before.....

hah.... Only a Yankee fan would know that....

That's been the caveat with them since the 90's..... I don't worry about the "big name" pitchers when they come to face the Yankees, b/c they usually handle them.... It's the rookie starters (or otherwise some pitcher yankee scouts, etc. don't have near as much detailed info on) that tend to give them trouble.....

Guys little off topic for second. With Ichiro and now likely leading candaite Darvish winning or will win MLB rookie of the years should guys who played in Japan or other "high level' international baseball leagues be allowed to win it? The Japan Major League is basically "Triple A/Low level North American MLB" so the guys are not rookies compared to someone who came up the traditional way via AAA or AA US minors?

I know Jackie Robinson and other former Negro League stars won rookie of the years as older man in the late 1940's/early 50's but that was a different situation.

hah.... Only a Yankee fan would know that....

That's been the caveat with them since the 90's..... I don't worry about the "big name" pitchers when they come to face the Yankees, b/c they usually handle them.... It's the rookie starters (or otherwise some pitcher yankee scouts, etc. don't have near as much detailed info on) that tend to give them trouble.....

Yup :) It's what separates us from the bandwagoners.

Bad news for Yankee fans. Looks like Micheal Pineda is gone for rest of 2012 season. Just heard on Francesa's WFAN show(when i wrote this.)I am sure Yankee fans in next few days, will be calling FAN and ESPN NY B_tching and moaning the Mariners traded Pineda with an injury.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/michael-pineda-arthroscopic-surgery-shoulder-yankees-timetable-return-article-1.1067492

Bad news for Yankee fans. Looks like Micheal Pineda is gone for rest of 2012 season. Just heard on Francesa's WFAN show(when i wrote this.)I am sure Yankee fans in next few days, will be calling FAN and ESPN NY B_tching and moaning the Mariners traded Pineda with an injury.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/michael-pineda-arthroscopic-surgery-shoulder-yankees-timetable-return-article-1.1067492

For my own sanity I don't listen to none of those radio shows. Losing Michael Pineda hurts, but what can you do. The Andy Pettitte signing looms large now since Pineda will be gone for the season. At least other than Pettitte, there's AAA depth. Sometimes I wonder if Cole Hamels does become a free agent and goes to the Yankees, one can dream.

Archived