MTA Trivia

Strain

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marble Hill-225th St is in Manhattan, that should not count as an answer, even though it is on Bronx mainland. 75 St on the (J)(Z), and Halsey St on the (L) would be a vaild answer, as those stations are located on the border of Brooklyn & Queens.

I'm not so sure if Broadway Junction's Canarsie platforms are second highest. I would go with Snowblock's thought - 4th Av-9th St (F)(G), only because of it being the other elevated stop with Smith-9th St. Though I've heard 125 St on the (1) was the second highest.

I have a trivia test: Name the subway terminals that have at least one MTA Bus* that serves only on weekdays.

MTA Bus includes NYCT Bus and MTA Bus (for clarification).

Marble Hill-225th St is in Manhattan, that should not count as an answer, even though it is on Bronx mainland. 75 St on the (J)(Z), and Halsey St on the (L) would be a vaild answer, as those stations are located on the border of Brooklyn & Queens.

I'm not so sure if Broadway Junction's Canarsie platforms are second highest. I would go with Snowblock's thought - 4th Av-9th St (F)(G), only because of it being the other elevated stop with Smith-9th St. Though I've heard 125 St on the (1) was the second highest.

I have a trivia test: Name the subway terminals that have at least one MTA Bus* that serves only on weekdays.

MTA Bus includes NYCT Bus and MTA Bus (for clarification).

Jamaica Center (E)(J)(Z) to Q42

Jamaica Center (E)(J)(Z) to Q42

This is one of the stations, but not the only bus route.

Remember that bus routes labeled "part time routes" are not the only routes that run on weekdays only. Some (if not all) routes that are labeled "No Saturday and/or Sunday service" do only run on weekdays as well.

@Threxx - That is correct, but there's one more missing.

There's at least one station for all 4 boroughs (S.I. does not count - as that is a railway, not a subway).

To help with the answer a little; there's one station in Brooklyn, one in the Bronx, two in Manhattan, and three in Queens. Jamaica Center-Parsons/Archer (E)(J)(Z) is one of the Queens stations, and the four routes that qualify (yep, one answer for you) are the Q20B, Q31, Q34, & Q42. Hope this helps with your answer. The winner is the person that can guess them all in one post.

Queens:

Jamaica Center (E)(J)(Z) to Q20B, Q31, Q34, Q42

Jamaica-179 St (F) to Q77

Flushing-Main St (7) to Q20B, Q34

Bronx:

Woodlawn (4) to Bx34 (until January anyway)

Manhattan:

Inwood-207 St (A) to Bx20

Grand Central (S) to M1(?)

Brooklyn:

Church Av (G) to B69

Q77 isn't a weekday only route, it has saturday service......

@Astoria Line - This is true, so name the route that does. Everything else is correct.

Broadway (G) , 74th St-Broadway (7) , Broadway Junction (A)(C) , Broadway-Lafayette (B)(D)(F)(M) , East Broadway (F) , Broadway (N)(Q) , Broadway (MJ), Broadway-Nassau (A)(C)

I think I covered it.

@Astoria Line - This is true, so name the route that does. Everything else is correct.

Broadway (G) , 74th St-Broadway (7) , Broadway Junction (A)(C) , Broadway-Lafayette (B)(D)(F)(M) , East Broadway (F) , Broadway (N)(Q) , Broadway (MJ), Broadway-Nassau (A)(C)

I think I covered it.

Its the Q76.. Until it gets its service back..

Archived