Nassau Inter-County Express Proposals and Ideas

VWM

As if the N20 didn't loop enough as it does. At most, I could see two or three rush hour trippers in the am and pm to the Industrial Parks, and even then I think it's overkill.

Actually, the N20 entering that far dosen't make much sense at all.

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As if the N20 didn't loop enough as it does. At most, I could see two or three rush hour trippers in the am and pm to the Industrial Parks, and even then I think it's overkill.

Actually, the N20 entering that far dosen't make much sense at all.

Just keep the n23 to Roslyn Industrial and probably the n27

Just keep the n23 to Roslyn Industrial and probably the n27

But you just said :o :

I would make all n20 buses serve Roslyn Industrial on the Roslyn trips rush hours and middays

I would also make all n23 serve Roslyn Industrial rush hours and middays

About an n28 Extention to Port Washington, that will make NICE merge it with the n23, creating one hour headways north of Roslyn up to Flower Hill, which is something the MTA eliminated because of inconsistency.

I think the N23 would be the best one to enter it. Another one to consider would be the N21. Maybe that might help it justify more off-peak/weekend service.

does that place even have shifts outside rush hour? If not then it may be pointless. That or make N21 some kind of express version of the N20 not sure. Convert those DHs to flushing into new express trips.

I think the N23 would be the best one to enter it. Another one to consider would be the N21. Maybe that might help it justify more off-peak/weekend service.

I don't know about the N21 because the point I saw was the fast connection to Roslyn LIRR with the n23.

does that place even have shifts outside rush hour? If not then it may be pointless. That or make N21 some kind of express version of the N20 not sure. Convert those DHs to flushing into new express trips.

WTF are you talking about? People are coming/going to work during rush hours, and the connection to Roslyn proved some of its success back when the N28 was running. Otherwise, the route wouldn't have been running as long as it did.

I don't know about the N21 because the point I saw was the fast connection to Roslyn LIRR with the n23.

WTF are you talking about? People are coming/going to work during rush hours, and the connection to Roslyn proved some of its success back when the N28 was running. Otherwise, the route wouldn't have been running as long as it did.

He's saying he knows there's demand during rush hour, but he doesn't know if there's demand outside of rush hour.

He's saying he knows there's demand during rush hour, but he doesn't know if there's demand outside of rush hour.

Well, thats alright anyway because I would only add that branch to the n23 weekdays rush hours only.

so their shifts are only at rush?

Its the typical 9-5 shift in that industrial park. This is the way I wrote the proposal on my site:

In the morning rush hour, have the N23 northbound bear right in Roslyn and head onto W Shore Rd, make the 1st left onto Harbor Park Dr, go around Harbor Park Dr, and come back and continue northbound to Manorhaven. In the evening rush hour, have the N23 southbound do the same little detour and then continue the normal route to Mineola/Hempstead. This completely replaces the old N28 route (discontinued in the 2010 MTA budget cuts) that left workers in the Industrial Park who needed to get to the Industrial Park in the morning and the Roslyn LIRR station in the evening.

There seem to be hotel that underserved by NICE Bus.

Extend n48/n49 from Jericho Quad to Home Depot. When Home Depot is closed, terminated at Hampton Inn/Jericho+Westbury

Jericho-bound: From existing Jericho Quad: After 300 Jericho Quad, turn right at Hurxt Drive, turn right at Jericho Turnpike, to Red Robin County Day School.

Hempstead-bound: From school, Jericho Turnpike to straight to Jericho Quad for regular n48/n49 route.

New Stops:

Jericho-bound:

Jericho Turnpike (in front of Hampton Inn Hotel)

Jericho Turnpike/Home Depot (near Traffic Signal)

Jericho Turnpike/Ambient Water Treatment Consulting

Jericho Turnpike/Opposite of Angelino's

Jericho Turnpike/Beth United Pentecostal Church

Jericho Turnpike/Red Robin County Day School

Hempstead-bound:

Jericho Turnpike/Westbury Lane
Jericho Turnpike/Armtree Rd
Jericho Turnpike/Levy Wolf Co
Jericho Turnpike/Roxbury Drive
Jericho Turnpike/Cantiague Rd

What do you think?

There seem to be hotel that underserved by NICE Bus.

Extend n48/n49 from Jericho Quad to Home Depot. When Home Depot is closed, terminated at Hampton Inn/Jericho+Westbury

Jericho-bound: From existing Jericho Quad: After 300 Jericho Quad, turn right at Hurxt Drive, turn right at Jericho Turnpike, to Red Robin County Day School.

Hempstead-bound: From school, Jericho Turnpike to straight to Jericho Quad for regular n48/n49 route.

New Stops:

Jericho-bound:

Jericho Turnpike (in front of Hampton Inn Hotel)

Jericho Turnpike/Home Depot (near Traffic Signal)

Jericho Turnpike/Ambient Water Treatment Consulting

Jericho Turnpike/Opposite of Angelino's

Jericho Turnpike/Beth United Pentecostal Church

Hempstead-bound:

Jericho Turnpike/Westbury Lane

Jericho Turnpike/Armtree Rd

Jericho Turnpike/Levy Wolf Co

Jericho Turnpike/Roxbury Drive

Jericho Turnpike/Cantiague Rd

What do you think?

Just extend N35 to jericho quad and let it's westbury segment get some life.

It's very well utilized, even on Saturdays, which has about 20 riders per trip (on Saturdays, weekdays is more).

Then why did mta try to can sat service? Is it underserved on saturdays?

so it was underserved huh?

At one hour headways on Saturdays, 25 Saturday riders is very good considering most of LIB's ridership for routes on Saturdays. The n16's ridership IIRC was ranked somewhere between 5-10 in terms of Saturday ridership from the 20 (estimate) routes that run on Saturdays.

The current system is fine IMO. But Nassau Blvd Can use service for coverage.

Maybe if N14 was extended via nassau blvd it would become useful. Sorry but as a shuttle it just doesn't work.

Does Nassau County Need more north-south routes, or east-west routes?

In easternnasau I think theyneed to consolidate the lines and reduce the number. Since on their own their ridership is dismal.

It can extend via ocean ave to get to nassau blvd NEXT.

True, but I'd rather let the some new route do that do that, and before anyone bashes me for that, NICE would start a new route at one minute headways, and I don't think Nassau Blvd needs Sunday service yet. Also the times the n36 operates would be good for a new service. The route would go to Great Neck via Nassau Blvd, Marcus Avenue, and Lakeville Road providing a faster way to Get to Great Neck from Intermidate points north of Hillside along the n25 route.

As for the n14 customers at the northern point of the route can walk to the n16, as well as those western customers, just make the n16 timed-to the NY Express Bound trains.

I just thought of an idea.

N1: Extended to Freeport. The n1 would run to Lynbrook via the n31/n32, then run along the n36 to Freeport (combined with the n36) The bus route label I care less about but that's an option, to at least minimize resources. I always thought when I pass by on the n32 the times I went to Hempstead that the n1 terminal in Hewlett was there just for turning reasons. I never understood why the n1 didn't run to Lynbrook to aid with the n31/n32.

True, but I'd rather let the some new route do that do that, and before anyone bashes me for that, NICE would start a new route at one minute headways, and I don't think Nassau Blvd needs Sunday service yet. Also the times the n36 operates would be good for a new service. The route would go to Great Neck via Nassau Blvd, Marcus Avenue, and Lakeville Road providing a faster way to Get to Great Neck from Intermidate points north of Hillside along the n25 route.

That's a little overkill, don't you think? ;)

Archived