Nassau Inter-County Express Proposals and Ideas

VWM

The N14 hasn't seen increased ridership with the better connections to the LIRR?

They use one bus for the N14, and they connect to the LIRR, making it an extension of the N16 would reduce reliability.

Where has the N14 seen increased ridership? I have yet to see ONE ridership report from NICE proving that statement. Ridership has dropped towards the end of last year altogether, but as far as every single route, we have no information unless you look all the way back to Long Island Bus in 2011. And as for reliability, with NICE, buses go out and they don't go out. It's all hit or miss. What if that one N14 bus that is responsible for all the runs doesn't go out on a day? Then thats a problem, isn't it?

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, they did in 2011 when they released the cuts they proposed if they were to continue service in 2012. I have the pdf uploaded on my site.

http://brettnyc.com/photos/bluebook_libus.pdf

They also did it back in early 2010 when they were doing the cuts here in NYC.

Anyway, that's great that you managed to save the ones from 2011. For some reason, they always delete these documents after a year or so.

They also did it back in early 2010 when they were doing the cuts here in NYC.

Anyway, that's great that you managed to save the ones from 2011. For some reason, they always delete these documents after a year or so.

I have the one from 2010 as well. I'll upload it if anyone wants. I put the 2011 one up because thats the most recent ridership data we have.

I have the one from 2010 as well. I'll upload it if anyone wants. I put the 2011 one up because thats the most recent ridership data we have.

Please Brett, please put 2010 version as well.

When I check google map street view, n28 still exist in street view.

Google Maps doesn't know shit about transit. Some stops aren't even shown on the map until you actually search for 'em and some stops are even misplaced (I know various bus stops that are clearly visible from satellite view but they pinned 'em (the bus logo) somewhere far off in the grass behind it).

Google Maps doesn't know shit about transit. Some stops aren't even shown on the map until you actually search for 'em and some stops are even misplaced (I know various bus stops that are clearly visible from satellite view but they pinned 'em (the bus logo) somewhere far off in the grass behind it).

people who use google for transit are fools transit directions on google= FAIL

That's a little harsh now, don't you think? Ignorant maybe, but they're not fools. I mean, they use the times and station locations the transit agencies give them. You can't expect it to be perfect.

So you expect that transit agencies say to Google "Ow yeah, that bus stop: just put in the grassy area behind the bus stop so we can troll people" and "Come on Google, you can hide those stops, no one will notice".

Yeah, seems legit.

GOogle Maps has too many mistakes!!

So you expect that transit agencies say to Google "Ow yeah, that bus stop: just put in the grassy area behind the bus stop so we can troll people" and "Come on Google, you can hide those stops, no one will notice".

Yeah, seems legit.

Well, you never know. They might just say "X Street & Y Avenue", and not give them exact directions on where to place it.

In any case, my point is you can't blame the people who are using the directions. Should they follow the instructions to the letter? Of course not, but they're not stupid for using them.

On a side note, I wish more transit agencies were listed on Google Transit. For instance, SCT isn't listed, and then some ones in cities like Charleston, WV aren't listed either. (That was kind of random, but still)

Little off-topic, Google Maps you cannot trust when you looking for address. Sometimes certain address are different than map and real street.

Indeed. One time I was bicycling to an address and it wanted me to go straight through water while a bridge was nearby (3 min bicycling from that point).

Q23, if n2/n8 was elimated, Nassau County Legislature Carrie Solage will oppose because it could overcrowd the n6 local, n6x express and n25 buses.

There are no other bus goes to Green Acres Mall. Queens buses like Q5 and Q85 takes long time while NICE trip makes faster.

I disagree also.

n15 is way too long.

Leave n23 and n27 alone. n27 weekend need to be restored to RFM.

Also leave n35 alone.

Archived