Nassau Inter-County Express Proposals and Ideas

VWM

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have the Q50 to n21

Q23, it's NOT MY PROPOSAL MAP. I DO NOT COME UP WITH THAT IDEA. Thank you.

Please read carefully. It's not my proposal. It is someone's idea I made organized.

That's what I said to person Frederick Wells that NICE cannot provide local service within Queens/Bronx.

From recommendation section on official NICE Bus facebox, there's person Frederick Wells has crazy recommendations that doesn't make any sense. It is his crazy idea.

From recommendation section on official NICE Bus facebox, there's personFrederick Wells has crazy recommendations that doesn't make any sense.

Please note this is someone's idea.

I even map out crazy NICE scenario more organized.

http://goo.gl/maps/A0wWn

Please read carefully. It's not my proposal. It is someone's idea I made organized.

That's what I said to person Frederick Wells that NICE cannot provide local service within Queens/Bronx.

Yuki, calm down. Nobody on this forum, I'm sure enough, is crazy/dumb enough to suggest something like that. And if you look at the guy's profile, he worked for a transit company in his lifetime.

I was just commenting on the ideas, and I know it wasn't your proposal.

From recommendation section on official NICE Bus facebox, there's personFrederick Wells has crazy recommendations that doesn't make any sense.

Please note this is someone's idea.

I even map out crazy NICE scenario more organized.

http://goo.gl/maps/A0wWn

OVERKILL!!!!!!! too many routes to the bronx only one is needed The only one that makes remote sense is N28 and that's it. Q50 to N20 is NOT PRACTICAL. BUT those ideas are overkill N58/21 and 26 not needed. Heck MTA extension of one bus to bronx via clearview is good enough NICE won't even need to touch the bronx at all.

N26 err umm no comment.

NICE said 11 hours ago on Facebook:

In response to Fredrick Wells...thanks so much for your excellent suggestions. We will definitely keeps these in mind for future plans.

------

They've gotta be joking. The plans are insane.

In response to Fredrick Wells...thanks so much for your excellent suggestions. We will definitely keeps these in mind for future plans.

------

They're probably just trying to be polite to him. I mean what are they supposed to say? These are terrible ideas and you're an idiot for thinking of them?

------

They're probably just trying to be polite to him. I mean what are they supposed to say? These are terrible ideas and you're an idiot for thinking of them?

Given that you said it twice, probably not likely. But in my mind, its what they were thinking.

------

Of course they respond to that but ignore my posts about the n23/n27 mess, leaving people in Glen Cove out in the cold again. I really want to know what they have against Glen Cove? Seems to be the forgotten part of Nassau County. So glad I left that area well over 10 years ago.

------

HAHAHAHA I KNEW IT!!!!!! LOL NICE will try ANYTHING I wouldn't put it past em to implement one of those ideas but I seriously do not expect all of those to go through. You seem to be forgetting that there are some EXTREME commuters that do go to the bronx from nassau and vice versa. If the demand wasn't there the cross island would not be a mess everyday now wouldn't it. The idea however was just poorly presented and executed but the proposal for a LI to bronx line may be needed the way it was presented and executed in fredrick wells's words was with little thought into existing services. And may be better off if MTA did it but NOT directly to nassau.

One proposal I would make is a very simple one - it involves the N15's service in Island Park and that area. Currently, all N15 service remains on Long Beach Road through the area. However, I would suggest that the N15 be branched through that area with an N15A and an N15B service. The N15A would continue to operate via Long Beach Road in Island Park. However, the N15B would instead serve Barnum Island (which is on the other side of the tracks) via Austin Boulevard...the service change would cost nothing or even save money because Austin Boulevard, which is the through route between Oceanside and Long Beach, has a higher speed limit.

In addition, I see this as necessary because the LIRR Long Beach Branch isolates Island Park (and Harbor Isle) from Barnum Island.

I'm not sure if this exact idea has been suggested (some ideas looked similar, but I just skimmed through them, so I couldn't tell if they were exactly the same), so I'll throw it out there anyway: Maybe the N17 can be extended down from Rockville Center to Long Beach, and serve Austin Blvd. That way, you have a quick route from Long Beach to Rockville Center & Hempstead, and then the N15 picks up most of the crowds along Austin Blvd & Woodfield Road.

Also, I'm not sure if it's been suggested in another thread, but I think the N14 should be extended a little, across DeMott Avenue/Centennial Avenue to Nassau Road, just to provide some east-west service in the Roosevelt area and possibly gain some riders.

I'm not sure if this exact idea has been suggested (some ideas looked similar, but I just skimmed through them, so I couldn't tell if they were exactly the same), so I'll throw it out there anyway: Maybe the N17 can be extended down from Rockville Center to Long Beach, and serve Austin Blvd. That way, you have a quick route from Long Beach to Rockville Center & Hempstead, and then the N15 picks up most of the crowds along Austin Blvd & Woodfield Road.

Also, I'm not sure if it's been suggested in another thread, but I think the N14 should be extended a little, across DeMott Avenue/Centennial Avenue to Nassau Road, just to provide some east-west service in the Roosevelt area and possibly gain some riders.

Not bad, but I think the N14 can become a Green Acres to Baldwin Route via Merrick Road to Supplement the n4. I'll make a map for it

HERE: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=204750700533050976010.0004c456541b57a7874cf&msa=0&ll=40.662345,-73.666506&spn=0.04551,0.104628

The purple line is the n14

It was suggested before by ME!!! :)

Not bad, but I think the N14 can become a Green Acres to Baldwin Route via Merrick Road to Supplement the n4. I'll make a map for it

HERE: https://maps.google.....04551,0.104628

The purple line is the n14

Nope N14 should focus on shuttling people to the LIRR but I see your point. It would be more beneficial to send N16 to green acres and N3 will never need to return especially with that routing you forgot why it failed duplication. Extended N16 is good enough. Let people transfer from N25. No need to supplement the N4 N4 is too frequent to be supplemented by anything.

I suggested that little neck extension last year actually in 2010!!!!

n23: All weekend trips terminate at the Mineola Interomodal Center. For service to Hempstead Terminal, please transfer to the n40/n41 at Mineola. For service to Roosevelt Field Mall, please transfer to the n22/n24.

n27: Extend all weekend trips from Roslyn LIRR to the Hempstead Terminal.

HAHAHAHA I KNEW IT!!!!!! LOL NICE will try ANYTHING I wouldn't put it past em to implement one of those ideas but I seriously do not expect all of those to go through. You seem to be forgetting that there are some EXTREME commuters that do go to the bronx from nassau and vice versa. If the demand wasn't there the cross island would not be a mess everyday now wouldn't it. The idea however was just poorly presented and executed but the proposal for a LI to bronx line may be needed the way it was presented and executed in fredrick wells's words was with little thought into existing services. And may be better off if MTA did it but NOT directly to nassau.

I think this is just a courtesy nice response. Kind of like we'll we'll be in touch, to keep a friendly appearance online, so funny that people would interput it as "nice will try anything." lmao

I don't think the people on facebook are the decision makers or in the operations department. ;)

I have an idea for the N31. Instead of taking West Broadway to Rockaway Turnpike to Central Avenue, it could take Burnside Avenue to Sheridan Blvd to Beach Channel Drive. I think there's more demand for bus service in Inwood compared to Lawrence (The Q113 runs more frequently than the N31/32 combined, but still).

n23: All weekend trips terminate at the Mineola Interomodal Center. For service to Hempstead Terminal, please transfer to the n40/n41 at Mineola. For service to Roosevelt Field Mall, please transfer to the n22/n24.

n23: Well, you also need to understand that NICE Discontinued Weekend Service on Roslyn Road since it duplicated the Willis Avenue Service. I'd leave as it is. The n27 can use a rescheduling

n27: It would cost money for that extention, given NICE id running the system on 2 million Dollars

I have an idea for the N31. Instead of taking West Broadway to Rockaway Turnpike to Central Avenue, it could take Burnside Avenue to Sheridan Blvd to Beach Channel Drive. I think there's more demand for bus service in Inwood compared to Lawrence (The Q113 runs more frequently than the N31/32 combined, but still).

I'm iffy on this. The n31/n32 is actually a more preferable option in FR, and I wouldnt modify the route in Far Rockaway.

I dunno if this is feasible, but the n1 can run to Lawrence on Sundays along the n31 routing

The way I see it, a lot of us here can't agree on proposals because we all have different goals with our ideas. Some of us want to get people farther on less amount of fares and some want to change things based on ridership and how to get NICE the most revenue (what I focus on).

I agree partly. The n27 needs to be extended on weekends to Roosevelt Field, as many riders including PinePower have suggested and urged for. There is no reason for another bus between Roosvelt Field and Hempstead as there are so many that already travel between there. The extended n23 to Hempstead, which has done well as I've seen in my experiences, runs middays, weekends, and holidays and covers the old-n27 route between Roosevelt Field and Hempstead. It is always a free transfer between the n23 and the n27 anyway.

For Quite Some time, I had this proposal in hand for the n16/n17

N16: Local between Roosevelt Field and Rockville Center

N17: Limited Stop Service Between Roosevelt Field and Rockville Center, via Mercy Medical Center

The n17 would still make stops along Franklin Street. The schedule would be modified a bit.

N16 buses would use North Village Avenue instead of N. Centre Avenue on weekends, the n17 will also go via N Village Avenue instead of North Centre Avenue

The n17 would be extend to RF via Clinton Avenue Making a stop at Stewart Avenue/ Clinton Street, then Roosevelt Field, as an alternative to the n16.

Archived