Guess who's coming to dinner? 4710 @ 126th

Blitz

Why do they put the red vacuum thing on the exhaust of the D60HF buses?

If they didn't, we would all die of carbon monoxide poisoning. It sucks the exhaust from the tailpipe, "cleans" it further, than vents it outside of the depot. The exhaust hose goes on any bus inside the depot that has the engine running. 4710 wasn't really running while it was on the lift so we didn't bother to put the hose on.

So wait will 4710 be based out of 126th Street now?

I'm not saying it's gonna be based out of here. I'm just saying with the GS and the Driver trainer from zerega talking about operator training for 126th, don't be surprised if you see an XD60 roaming around 126's routes for a week or 2.

Damm greatt catchh!!! this bus might be the best looking bus and most attractive bus in the whole system and cant wait to hear what people say about it when it goes in service!

I would have to agree with that. The NOVAS are just okay only because they're new, but this bus has one nice design. I actually liked riding those when I was living on Staten Island. I would track some buses just so that I could get the chance to ride on one.

I would have to agree with that. The NOVAS are just okay only because they're new, but this bus has one nice design. I actually liked riding those when I was living on Staten Island. I would track some buses just so that I could get the chance to ride on one.

thats me everyday i always catch my 7:58 s52 in the morning thats an xcelsior....then the s93 is always an xcelsior so i have two back.to back....then coming home i wait to make sure an s53 is an xd40

thats me everyday i always catch my 7:58 s52 in the morning thats an xcelsior....then the s93 is always an xcelsior so i have two back.to back....then coming home i wait to make sure an s53 is an xd40

lol... I wouldn't go crazy looking for them, but if there were say a bunch of S53s coming up by Forest Av and I was up for riding the local bus to the express bus, then I'd try to catch an Excelsior, but I didn't go hunting them down per se, but I can see how you would. My main goal was try to get an empty one to make my trip to the express bus as quick as possible. :lol: I mean I only used a few local bus routes when I wasn't up for car service... The S54 always had the latest buses (probably because they only run 30 mins. for most of the day) and then the S53 and on occasion the S48 here and there.

What exactly is the hold up anyway for putting these in service??

a couple things are holding this bus from reaching service.

#1 of all the reasons, they have to do clearance testing at all depots the house artics. there was already a problem with this bus @ 126th. the fuel filler neck is too far back for this these fuel stations. this means that if the bus stops to line up with the fuel nozzle, the fare box probe won't reach. if the bus stops the line up with the farebox, the fuel nozzle won't reach the filler neck. they also wanted to make sure that the bus fits on all of the lifts with no problems.

# 2. The union chair for transportation had a few issues with the interior configuration of the bus. I heard that a couple of the stantions needed to be removed and/or rearranged so that the operator had a clear view through his/her interior mirrors

# 3. This is a completely new bus model. i would think that they would want to have some common parts in stock for when these bus start going through their growing pains.

a couple things are holding this bus from reaching service.

#1 of all the reasons, they have to do clearance testing at all depots the house artics. there was already a problem with this bus @ 126th. the fuel filler neck is too far back for this these fuel stations. this means that if the bus stops to line up with the fuel nozzle, the fare box probe won't reach. if the bus stops the line up with the farebox, the fuel nozzle won't reach the filler neck. they also wanted to make sure that the bus fits on all of the lifts with no problems.

# 2. The union chair for transportation had a few issues with the interior configuration of the bus. I heard that a couple of the stantions needed to be removed and/or rearranged so that the operator had a clear view through his/her interior mirrors

# 3. This is a completely new bus model. i would think that they would want to have some common parts in stock for when these bus start going through their growing pains.

I see... Makes perfect sense... I was under the impression that these artics would be similar to the 40 footer Xcelsiors that came out which would mean similar parts would already be in place... Design wise they look identical, but obviously these are longer.

Good shots , cant wait to see it soon . Now everybody will go and search around 126th just to see the bus .

Good luck to them, that bus left yesterday. It was only here for clearance testing yesterday

The bus passed OH and WF flawlessly....Issues at OS.

CS, GH, KB and MQ still have to see a visit.

idk whAt depot is OS but the user stengel depot told us that 4710 stopped by over there...yeahh in the xd60 discussion...second to last page...it visited CS on thursday...of last week...so i guess GH is next

Archived