Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

Seems like some of these people are miserable with there jobs..

Yep, get use to it. Almost everyone at Livingston St are rude, nasty and miserable. Kinda like the employees at motor vehicles but worse. This includes doctors, lab techs, and receptionists. TA hires bottom of the barrel people for these positions, especially the doctors and techs. They're borderline incompetent. I'm not kidding. Luckily, you only have to go down there once a year for a semi medical once you're hired.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, get use to it. Almost everyone at Livingston St are rude, nasty and miserable. Kinda like the employees at motor vehicles but worse. This includes doctors, lab techs, and receptionists. TA hires bottom of the barrel people for these positions, especially the doctors and techs. They're borderline incompetent. I'm not kidding. Luckily, you only have to go down there once a year for a semi medical once you're hired.

Where are these nasty people you speak of? I must have been lucky in my experience. LOL

Where are these nasty people you speak of? I must have been lucky in my experience. LOL

I did see few people smile and acting kind but the majority was very serious and my personal experience with whoever I dealt with was treating me as if I bothered them.for me trying to get a job..Bit it is what it is....All I care about is getting the job...

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Filing out this 21 page packet isn't back but remembering all the jobs I had since 93 getting out of high school till about 2000 is the hard part.... I called MTA and all the guy could tell me is do my best and goodluck.. How critical is the employment dates and info in the hiring process for trackworker ???

Filing out this 21 page packet isn't back but remembering all the jobs I had since 93 getting out of high school till about 2000 is the hard part.... I called MTA and all the guy could tell me is do my best and goodluck.. How critical is the employment dates and info in the hiring process for trackworker ???

Not only for Track Workers, but for the new Bus Operators, Conductors, etc., they primarily care about the month and the year. A lot of people have went to the local social security office, got a printout of their employment since high school (since anything off-the-books is unacceptable), followed that when filling out the 21-page packet and they had no problem.

From reading the other threads, I don't know how much this cost, but I do know they accept personal checks.

Not only for Track Workers, but for the new Bus Operators, Conductors, etc., they primarily care about the month and the year. A lot of people have went to the local social security office, got a printout of their employment since high school (since anything off-the-books is unacceptable), followed that when filling out the 21-page packet and they had no problem.

From reading the other threads, I don't know how much this cost, but I do know they accept personal checks.

I have that printout.Did it online but it only tells.me my annual totals..I'm going to try the department of labor since I filed taxes since my first employment year in 1993

@Riello, just do the best you can, and make sure each employer that is listed in the Social Security earnings report is identified in the 21-page packet. They'll ask you any questions at 180 Livingston - you'll need to be able to answer them to their satisfaction or get more info for them. But fundamentally they want to keep the process moving and you should be OK if you can provide basic employment info.

If you filed taxes for the jobs you worked then just go look at your tax returns to see what jobs you worked. 

If you worked off the books, simply put that you were being taken care of by your family during that period.

They are concerned about dates and any gaps need an explanation as to why you were not gainfully employed etc. 

If I recall the social security printout for everywhere I ever worked beyond 10 years was around $125.00. But as others have stated all they need is the month and year. But leave no gaps in your history. If you did not work you must put how you supported yourself, whether it was unemployment insurance, living at home being supported by family etc. As far as self employment, if you filed taxes on that income you can put it down as well. But you have to account for every month going all of the way back to high school. My 21 page packet was over 35 pages when it was all said and done.

If I recall the social security printout for everywhere I ever worked beyond 10 years was around $125.00. But as others have stated all they need is the month and year. But leave no gaps in your history. If you did not work you must put how you supported yourself, whether it was unemployment insurance, living at home being supported by family etc. As far as self employment, if you filed taxes on that income you can put it down as well. But you have to account for every month going all of the way back to high school. My 21 page packet was over 35 pages when it was all said and done.

Did they give you additional employment history pages or you just wrote them down on separate paper...I myself need more pages... I have wrote the additional jib history on a separate sheet of paper to transfer once I get called again to Livingston.

Did they give you additional employment history pages or you just wrote them down on separate paper...I myself need more pages... I have wrote the additional jib history on a separate sheet of paper to transfer once I get called again to Livingston.

You have to go to 180 Livingston for more employment history pages. Same place on the 5th floor. To make it easier for you so you don't have to ask around I'll tell you where they are. When you get to the 5th floor make the left out of the elevator, then another left to the main area where you waited to hand in your pre-employment package. Once you're in that room look towards your left, over where the corridor to the bathroom is you will see on the wall with numerous forms on a rack, there it will have extra sheets for almost anything you need to include in your 21 page packet. If there are no more employment history sheets, just ask someone at the desk to make some copies for you.

Also if you need extra job history pages for your pre-employment package (not the 21 page CPD-B), you'll have to ask someone at the desk to help you out with those, as I do not recall seeing those with the rest of the forms that were on the form rack on the wall, in the same area which I described above. Good luck man.

Also riello, you have to go to the Social Security office for the detailed printout not the Dept of Labor. The detailed printout will have the names and addresses of your previous employers going back forever. It does cost allot. That will also help because you can contact them for the time periods you worked there. The printout online only gives yearly totals, and what your SS income would be in the event you retired or became disabled.

Edited by Capital Nights

Quick update..I went to the SS office in my town and I had to pay $136 for my employer report... Then I contact on off my employers from 2000 and they don't have records dating that far back.... Smh But I do have all my employers from 1991 to present, thank god for that.. I will need and additional 12 pages of employment history...lol jobs I completely forgot about... I'll just wait till they call.me don't for the next round to get more blank pages unless someone goes there soon.and can mail them to me ..I'll pay for the postage..lol I live far and don't want to take a day of work just to.go get the papers....

quick question in regards to the education part of the 21 page packet: should we put our middle schools and elementary schools even if we dont know the dates and specifis or is high school and college good enough?

quick question in regards to the education part of the 21 page packet: should we put our middle schools and elementary schools even if we dont know the dates and specifis or is high school and college good enough?

I put down everything going all of the way back to elementary school, but my interviewer told me college and high school was sufficient enough. It never hurts to be overly honest, my opinion it's better to disclose everything.

...I myself need more pages... 

Just an idea for those folks going down there:

Back in late 2013, what I did was I took a couple of extra pages intentionally, and if I needed more pages, I purposely left one sheet blank and just found the nearest copy machine...it's just an idea to save you the commute to 180 Livingston Street and back...

Just an idea for those folks going down there:

Back in late 2013, what I did was I took a couple of extra pages intentionally, and if I needed more pages, I purposely left one sheet blank and just found the nearest copy machine...it's just an idea to save you the commute to 180 Livingston Street and back...

I had my wife make copies left one blank....lol

I looking like 45 pages when completed up to 41 now and still have 4 more employers to go dating back to 1991...lol This is crazieness

Hi Aspiring Track Worker,   one of your post from August 2016 you felt as tho you were not getting called in this year,  when I read your post I felt if he's not getting in and my number is higher than his I won't get called either,  but fast forward to  October 2016 and so happy to hear you got called in... so I guess I still have a shot...my # is in the 117#,, do you guys think they I have a shot for this year, or next yr I'm hopeful.. Happy for all you guys that have gotten in so far... Best of Luck to you all.....

Hi Aspiring Track Worker, one of your post from August 2016 you felt as tho you were not getting called in this year, when I read your post I felt if he's not getting in and my number is higher than his I won't get called either, but fast forward to October 2016 and so happy to hear you got called in... so I guess I still have a shot...my # is in the 117#,, do you guys think they I have a shot for this year, or next yr I'm hopeful.. Happy for all you guys that have gotten in so far... Best of Luck to you all.....

I would say 2017 and I'm #111*. Went in last Friday for my first lab. Oct 31 may be the last class for 2016, so I anticipate early 2017 will pick up again.

hey Riello2u thanks for your reply, I remember your earlier post also so happy for you at least you got the ball rolling...  I have not been called in for labs or anything else for that matter should I be concerned... I know I am on outstanding cert.. I think on my next day off I'm heading out to Livingston... Good luck riello2u....

hey Riello2u thanks for your reply, I remember your earlier post also so happy for you at least you got the ball rolling... I have not been called in for labs or anything else for that matter should I be concerned... I know I am on outstanding cert.. I think on my next day off I'm heading out to Livingston... Good luck riello2u....

Our numbers are so close... Don't be worried but rather be patient... MTA is so random hard to put a timeline on when they will get to you... But let's just say your next in the wave of candidates to be contacted by mail....check that mail box daily

Thank you everyone for elaborating on my questions and posting the pictures of this so called structure. Ill worry about it when I have to. I have heard the odds are pretty good that ill be on overnights in maintenance where they never work on elevated structures, so we will see. Anyways, I go in to tomorrow for medical and final processing. This will be my 2nd medical, unless of course I go in and just go straight to final processing if my other medical is still valid. There was some confusion about it when I asked because I was called for medical in mid July which means by the 90 rule my medical would be expired by the start of the next class, however it was august when I finally made it in with my doctors note and was cleared and the people I asked were not sure what date they would go by. Regardless I have all my paperwork from last time and a brand new note from my doctor that I picked up today so there are no issues when the same EKG abnormality comes up tomorrow. So here is to a long ass day at Livingston tomorrow, Ill keep you guys posted on whatever I hear/see.

So labs (First urine test) last 30 days and Medicals last 90??