F to Lefferts Blvd G.O

Abba

On regular weekends they often have the (F) go to Euclid. I honestly don't know why it's now going to Lefferts.

You hardcore railfans can now listen to the following voice:

"This is a Lefferts Blvd bound (F) train via the Lefferts Blvd (S). The next stop is 104th Street."

Not usually, On weekends (F) trains may run via the (A)(C) to Brooklyn or the (A)(C) via the (F). I wonder if the (G) will go to Coney Island. "Coney-island bound (G) train, next stop West 8th Street."

Why wouldn't there be a program? They have the (D) to the Rockaways and Lefferts along with the (M) to Euclid / Rockaways and lefferts , so why wouldn't they have an (F) program. I just don't know if they have one going to lefferts via Fulton local.

This has never been done before, so is a sudden afterthought, and it takes them time to add them in; at least on the 46's (which is what we're talking about), which are only updated every few years. The (F) to Euclid was only not too long ago added.

Both are way out of the way for normal diversions. Like they codes will have the (F0 along with the (B)(D)(N)(Q)(R) and even the (M) swap routes heading toward Coney Island (including intermediate terminals along the way), and uptown IND lines swap routes, Astoria/Queens Blvd swaps (and only more recently were uptown/Queens swaps added), and of course, trunk line swaps; because these are all close to the normal routes.

So far out stuff like Bklyn("South")/Fulton swaps were never thought of. A few that were once proposed, like the Q to 207th, and its redesignation as an A to Brighton got on there as well. But 6th Ave. lines via Fulton were never proposed, and until recent years not even in G.O.s, so they weren't thought of.

Not sure what the (D) to the Rockaways was about. That wasn't on the R46 list.

They should really do this during the day. Because I would totally fan that. A (D) to Far Rockaway: that is sick. Anyways back to topic , I can understand this change, I'm just bummed out that the GO is late nights. They should do this during the day but that would be the same argument as a (C) to Lefferts. Fulton is pretty crazy and has evolved though, The (A), (C), (D), (E), (F), (H), (S) and (V) currently either go through the Fulton Street Line or used to go through the Fulton Street Line. Should be called the foam street line

This can be cancelled out by adding more (A) service let (F) do lefferts at night replacing local service while (G) extends to CI as for day let Select (F) trains go to lefferts off peak only every 20 mins with (G) to CI and rest of (F) trains still serving CI. This adds more purpose to the (G).

If they are doing work on the viaduct again, then the (G) can't get to Coney Island. The (G) only went to Coney Island those times cuz they were working on the (F) platform at Jay St and replacing signals between Jay & Bergen Sts

Here are the dates of when the subway services above have used the Fulton Street Line

(A). April 9, 1936- Present

(C) October 10, 1944- 1954, August 27, 1976- Present

(D) 1957-1959

(E) 1957-August 27, 1976

(F) G.O; Unavailable dates

(H) April 9, 1936- June 1, 1946

(S) June 28, 1956- 1972, 1987-1993, G.O's

(V) January 23- Feburary 2, 2005

If they are doing work on the viaduct again, then the (G) can't get to Coney Island. The (G) only went to Coney Island those times cuz they were working on the (F) platform at Jay St and replacing signals between Jay & Bergen Sts

Don't send the (G) there then.

But why send the (F) to Lefferts? WHY?

Will there be reduced (A) service?

The answer should be pretty clear. It's to keep crew costs down. Instead of having three lines on Fulton Street at night during this G.O. (the A to Far Rockaway, Lefferts shuttle and the F to Euclid), as well as having two of those lines ending at Euclid Av, they could just run the F all the way to Lefferts and axe the shuttle for the weekend. All without reducing service to the Fulton St line.

Don't send the (G) there then.

But why send the (F) to Lefferts? WHY?

Will there be reduced (A) service?

The (F) to Lefferts is because it's already going to Euclid*, and late nights it will be merged with the Lefferts Shuttle.

Have you read this thread even?

*Why can't they end the (F) at Jay St? Or Hoyt St and then turn via the spur at Lafayette Av? (F) to Euclid sounds like a foamer solution to a near-nonexistent problem.

The (F) to Lefferts is because it's already going to Euclid*, and late nights it will be merged with the Lefferts Shuttle.

Have you read this thread even?

*Why can't they end the (F) at Jay St? Or Hoyt St and then turn via the spur at Lafayette Av? (F) to Euclid sounds like a foamer solution to a near-nonexistent problem.

When the (F) did end at Jay St, it used the lower level of Bergen St to relay.

When the (F) ended at Hoyt-Schermerhorn that weekend, it did in fact use the 5th track past Lafayette Av to relay

The answer should be pretty clear. It's to keep crew costs down. Instead of having three lines on Fulton Street at night during this G.O. (the A to Far Rockaway, Lefferts shuttle and the F to Euclid), as well as having two of those lines ending at Euclid Av, they could just run the F all the way to Lefferts and axe the shuttle for the weekend. All without reducing service to the Fulton St line.

Plus no switchmen to do the relay's @ Euc.

I'm not surprised that they finally have overnight F via Fulton GO's to Lefferts.

They tried Hoyt. I've seen myself that can get a little crazy. There was usually always an Apple right behind it waiting for the F to fully discharge. Same thing overnights when ending at Euclid since the center track is the Shuttle.

Even though the Lefferts shuttle is OPTO, it still saves money on crews (and even equipment maintenence), as already mentioned in this thread.

You can expect R160s. No doubt.

Is it programmed? IMHO, I wouldn't doubt it. Those FINDs are designed for things like this. And with all the possibilities, I wouldn't be surprised if all the codes are completely given to crews. I wouldn't be surprised if they're provided the codes right before their runs. It's already programmed with both Fulton local and express for that GO. But we'll soon all find out for sure in a few weeks.

Guest MTA Bus

I've seen some unique G.Os in the past, but this is the most unique one I've ever seen. The (F) stopping in 4 boroughs. That's awesome.

BTW, the ()' /> might add a program for the (F) to Lefferts Blvd via Fulton Street Local.

[quote name=MTA Bus' timestamp='1344636246' post='568557]

I've seen some unique G.Os in the past, but this is the most unique one I've ever seen. The (F) stopping in 4 boroughs. That's awesome.

BTW, the ()' /> might add a program for the (F) to Lefferts Blvd via Fulton Street Local.

they aren't gonna update every R160 for just One GO, so they will mostlikely re program the train to say A,C or S to Lefferts

they aren't gonna update every R160 for just One GO, so they will mostlikely re program the train to say A,C or S to Lefferts

But that's only if there already isn't a program. Like i stated earlier i'm almost certain there's a (F) to lefferts from 179 street program in the 160s. If there isn't one , just sign it up to Euclid and then sign it up as a Shuttle to Lefferts.

As Mr Railfan said, they do have the program for the (F) to Lefferts, just like the (D) to Far Rockaway.

I think they would sign them up as (A) trains. Maybe you might see one blue (S), but I would primarily believe they would be signed up as (A) trains.

I think they would sign them up as (A) trains. Maybe you might see one blue (S), but I would primarily believe they would be signed up as (A) trains.

No, they would be signed as (F) trains. Just like when (D) s run via the (N) and are signed thus and not as (N) s, these trains will stay as (F) s.

As Mr Railfan said, they do have the program for the (F) to Lefferts, just like the (D) to Far Rockaway.

There is NO (F) to Lefferts Blvd program on the R160s so let cut the BS now.

If there is no program for the (F) to Lefferts Blvd, but is a program for the Euclid Avenue - Lefferts Blvd (S), then they can do this: While the train is running from Jamaica - 179th Street to Euclid Avenue, have it be signed up as an (F) to Euclid Avenue. Once the train reaches Euclid Avenue, the operator, or the conductor can change it to a (S) to Lefferts Blvd. And vise verso. To avoid having to reprogram the train, i would rather have it be programmed as an (F) to Euclid Avenue, then turn off the program, and simply make the anouncements manually to Lefferts Blvd. Wish i could be in New York when theis happens. Hope someone is willing to spend the night recording this interesting first-time G.O. :)

[quote name=MTA Bus' timestamp='1344636246' post='568557]

It's still 3 borough, Queens, Manhattan, and Brooklyn.

The MTA won't program the R160's for this. They can just sign it normally or to Euclid, but the T/O or C/O can say it goes to Lefferts.

Archived