Empire State Building Shooting

Mysterious2train

It's a shooting a week in this country... This one hits a little close to home though.

I can already predict the NRA statement: "What we need are MORE GUNS! Screw gun regulation, everybody needs a gun. Then this would never ever happen!!"

When will people learn...

It's a shooting a week in this country... This one hits a little close to home though.

I can already predict the NRA statement: "What we need are MORE GUNS! Screw gun regulation, everybody needs a gun. Then this would never ever happen!!"

"If the child can hold a bottle, he can hold a shotgun!" -Random redneck

That's so terrible.

I wonder if there's another way for tourists to exit the building?

Yuki you probably mistyped but why worry about the tourists? The main thing to worry about right now is the ones who got shot and sadly the person who has died.

Back to topic. Unless a shooting involves the head of the NRA or National Leader i.e Speaker of House, VP, Pres, etc. nothing will change here. Not saying i want anything happen to any family but when it hits close to home, that only time change occcurs.

Yes, because without guns, there is no crime. :)

I heard about this on the express bus this morning. A co-worker e-mailed me about it. The funny thing was there was a helicopter that I noticed from the time I walked to 6th & 49th and it stayed in the same spot the entire time I walked to the office. As loud as the noise was, very few people if anyone looked up.

Good for this guy gettin gunned down - came & shot a co-worker who he was arguing with for over a year (which is stupid on the co-worker's part.... the hell are you engaging in conversations w/ someone who might have costed you your job), over some small time job; women's apparel or somethin another.... However, I don't like the way this story's being spun though..... this strikes me as someone that set out to shoot THAT person which he did, moreso than him being this crazed gunman that set out to shoot random people..... Before that construction worker spotted him & summoned for the police, he (the gunman) could've shot a hell of a lot more people than 10 (or whatever the # is now) @ around some 9am around the empire state building......

I think some of those people ended up gettin hit by rounds that came from cops..... mighty funny how it went from "no cops were injured" to now "2 cops ended up gettin shot"....

FOH.....

Yuki you probably mistyped but why worry about the tourists? The main thing to worry about right now is the ones who got shot and sadly the person who has died.

Back to topic. Unless a shooting involves the head of the NRA or National Leader i.e Speaker of House, VP, Pres, etc. nothing will change here. Not saying i want anything happen to any family but when it hits close to home, that only time change occcurs.

I am worry also for them.

I heard about this on the express bus this morning. A co-worker e-mailed me about it.

This was the talk of the day at my firm in Queens but I so really busy at work with tech support calls and assignments it's only now I'm getting the real details through this thread and the OP. Crazy shit right in the middle of midtown, wow.

One more thing yeah there are times and unforeseen occurrences but if you are constantly aware of your surroundings you can get out of life and death situations. I've been there nearly losing my life at 19. And so I've learned. This is actually a Bruce Lee concept for anybody into it.....

Good for this guy gettin gunned down - came & shot a co-worker who he was arguing with for over a year (which is stupid on the co-worker's part.... the hell are you engaging in conversations w/ someone who might have costed you your job), over some small time job; women's apparel or somethin another.... However, I don't like the way this story's being spun though..... this strikes me as someone that set out to shoot THAT person which he did, moreso than him being this crazed gunman that set out to shoot random people..... Before that construction worker spotted him & summoned for the police, he (the gunman) could've shot a hell of a lot more people than 10 (or whatever the # is now) @ around some 9am around the empire state building......

I think some of those people ended up gettin hit by rounds that came from cops..... mighty funny how it went from "no cops were injured" to now "2 cops ended up gettin shot"....

FOH.....

Not impossible of cops overreacting with "friendly fire" in that situation. Only good news in this is that this could been another massacre.

I am worry also for them.

I got what your saying but we have to work in New York every day and deal with the cities' problems.Tourists come and go, they are not as much at risk to the everyday violence that occurs around here.

On another note is it me or has it really been an unusually bad year for the Big Apple in terms on crime and violence? If so, why?

Archived