American Idol name Judges for season as "Voice" and "X" factor challenges

Shortline Bus

Just a question guys? Does anyone still watch "American Idol"? Or watch other singing shows such as the "Voice" and "X-Factor?" Idol now for the upcoming Spring 2013 season has added Mariah Carey, Country/Rock Superstar Keith Urban and Controversial Hip-Hop/Pop Star Nicki Minaj . The new trio will join the last oringal "Idol" Judge from it's start in 2002, Randy Jackson on the show. These variety-reality shows combined ("voice" "Idol" "X-Factor" and "Dancing with the Stars" combined get more viewers than almost all of the next remaining entertainment shows on CW, Fox, NBC, ABC and CBS put together. I feel "Idol" is played out but even a drop from in ratings it's still in top 3 of most watched entertainment tv shows not only in US but worldwide as well. Also will "Idol" return to being #1 in ratings with these new judges?

Feel free to comment on it.

http://www.usatoday....dges/57789354/1

You're going to ask someone like that Nicki Minaj to be a judge?

That show is already doomed.

Actually i read in paper that Idol execs/producers have first wanted Katy Perry and offered her as much according to rumors as $20-$25 Million for the season. She turned them down. They were looking for a 20's(age wise)pop star to be a judge and thus try to get the younger audiences i.e. ages 18-30 who are dropping "Idol" for shows like the "Voice."

Thus why Minaj is on the show as a judge. I know Mariah is not thrilled since it rumored she did not want Minaj on the show.

Actually i read in paper that Idol execs/producers have first wanted Katy Perry and offered her as much according to rumors as $20-$25 Million for the season. She turned them down. They were looking for a 20's(age wise)pop star to be a judge and thus try to get the younger audiences i.e. ages 18-30 who are dropping "Idol" for shows like the "Voice."

Thus why Minaj is on the show as a judge.

Which is why the show is doomed.....

Lets hope she doesnt curse on every episode.

I think that the point Q23. It's same reason "America Got Talent" hired Howard Stern to be a judge. A controversial entertainer who may push the boundaries and could curse out a contestants on a bad performence. The key to Idol and these other shows like the "Voice" are the contestants themselves. Does anyone for instance watch "Wheel of Fortune" to see Vanna and Pat? I doubt it. News Flash to Fox. Shows like "Idol" is a game show, featuring a signing contest. The Judges are way way overpaid.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't watch them dam shows.... It's nothin more than a lottery to weed out the good-for-nothin bums that have nothin else to do w/ their lives except to make total asses of themselves on TV (while holding that as their greatest accomplishment in life), and a backdoor method to get in the industry by the select few that actually have talent.....

You're going to ask someone like that Nicki Minaj to be a judge?

That show is already doomed.

Those shows been doomed since they started airing in America.... I could care less who they have as judges.

If I wanted to watch the ringling brothers barnum & bailey circus, I'd watch the original thing -

Not a spinoff of it where they replace animals with human beings instead !

Simon's harsh 'honesty' was the only good part of the old show (whenever I tuned in with nothing else going on). Nothing better than to watch him crush the dreams of the truly dreadful like a constrictor squeezing the life out of its prey.

That said, if those 2 gets into an actual cat fight, I'll watch - I wanna see blood! :)

Simon's harsh 'honesty' was the only good part of the old show (whenever I tuned in with nothing else going on). Nothing better than to watch him crush the dreams of the truly dreadful like a constrictor squeezing the life out of its prey.

That said, if those 2 gets into an actual cat fight, I'll watch - I wanna see blood! :)

I think the execs at Fox and "idol" are hoping for someone like Concourse even "causal viewers" to watch. And see if the drama between Mariah and Minaj explodes into fireworks especially when they get past the audition round and the "live" shows in the Hollywood rounds,.

Yeah I heard of this. She said if she had a gun she would shoot her (Mariah's) children. Overalls this is stupid. Who was the idiot who made the decision of the judges. I'm sure the director is waiting for a fight to happen so that they can earn viewers, since it looks like it at this point.

So where's Nick Cannon in this? I doubt he'd remain silent when his wife is being threatened like that.
That's a good question.... Not a peep out of him yet...

That's funny.... Surely you two don't seriously expect Nick Cannon to do something... lol....

I think Nicki herself would whoop his punk ass.... Mariah would put up more a fight than he would....

No doubt in my mind who wears the pants & who has higher levels of estrogen in that relationship !

I quit watching even a bit of the show because of Nikki Minaj, she is a horrible singer either way. I would watch it if Nikki Minaj isn't on there but still X-Factor FTW!!!

Hey The producers at Fox and "Idol" are laughing all the way to the bank. This talk will I am sure lead to very high ratings when the new season starts with the infamous 'audition' rounds in January. :o America 'loves' car crashes woops i mean drama and controversy lol.

Hey The producers at Fox and "Idol" are laughing all the way to the bank. This talk will I am sure lead to very high ratings when the new season starts with the infamous 'audition' rounds in January. :o America 'loves' car crashes woops i mean drama and controversy lol.

...And the same Idol producers would probably cry when the live shows begin, especially if boring contestants get picked for the semifinals. I'm scared that it could make Seasons 9 and 11 look very good.

I'm still not watching the show, it's not going to affect their god damned bottom line. X-Factor is also on Fox so it doesn't make a difference on Fox's financial thingy...

• 1 month later...

Archived