MTA New York City Bus & MTA Bus Company Pending Bus Contracts

Chargerdodge9

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets just hope it ain't Gillig or Van Hool.

Bro reread this entire thread again. Oh and Gillig (and I assume) Vanhool never had been interested in the MTA and don't need the MTA. If they were interested you would be hearing about test buses sighted around the city.

Let's just get one thing straight. These guys are afraid of the MTA, it's not that they don't need them! They are afraid that if they give them a test bus or a test fleet and something happens, that could spell diaster for their companies and possibly bring about the end of them.

Their afraid, thats why we have seen demos from both companies....

Too my knowledge, the only I know was the Ann Arbor Transit Authority in Michigan. I can't recall their current status, but........

0808_03_z+aATA_gillig_hybrid_electric_bus+side_view.jpg

Didn't mean to go off topic, but I'm just showcasing.

That's not a Gillig Phantom, it's an Advantage BRT Low Floor. It's one of AATA's newest hybrids.

6091166865_ba9bb429d2_z.jpg

This is the Phantom Hybrid. The only one I have ever actually seen.

That's not a Gillig Phantom, it's an Advantage BRT Low Floor. It's one of AATA's newest hybrids.

6091166865_ba9bb429d2_z.jpg

This is the Phantom Hybrid. The only one I have ever actually seen.

I assume that's the only one. That bus by the way was a diesel bus from the 1990s that was converted instead of using a new bus.

Will that mean 1999 - 2000 RTS NOVA BUS #4900 -#5249 still in good shape will retire? :( . At least 1997 RTS nova bus #9350 - #9699 retirement came.

It won't. There will still be at least 250 RTS's even if the option is taken. If the option isn't taken it will retire 95-98 RTS's.

Will that mean 1999 - 2000 RTS NOVA BUS #4900 -#5249 still in good shape will retire? :( . At least 1997 RTS nova bus #9350 - #9699 retirement came.

Again, 4900-5249 are not going anywhere anytime soon. Along with a few select coaches out of the 9525-9699 batch, and maybe some others, the buses will be here until just about the end of the decade.

maybe this order may spilt Between Nova and New Flyer

Nova LFS and New Flyer XD40 or D40LFR

Bronx Depots

Brooklyn Depots

Manhattan Depots

Queens Depots

Staten Island Depots

We already established that this order could be split between the two. However, when was the last time YOU knew of New Flyer bidding D40LFR's?

Let's make this simple. The ONLY buses qualified to take this order would be any bus that MTA has qualified.

MTA qualified buses include the New Flyer D40LF, New Flyer XD40, or Nova LFS. Any bus that has not completed an MTA shaker test will not even be considered. The LFR is not qualified, and never will be! Once the DE60LFR plan was crapped for an accelerated delivery timetable for XD60's, that whole LFR possibility went right down the drain.

What part of this have you all not understood for the last 2 years? I have explained it in 70 different ways on 6 threads, and about 200 posts.

If our message is not getting out, and we need to create a better way to keep people consistently informed, I need for all our members to post in the feedback section. We need some help, because I want to know why things need to be said 5 million times.

I'm dead serious guys. If there is something we need to change, please let it be known. Our staff is tired of repeating the same ish every day when the answers are everywhere.

Archived