MTA New York City Bus & MTA Bus Company Pending Bus Contracts

Chargerdodge9

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank god! He was getting on my god damn nerves.

I think everyone gets the point that he pissed off a lot of users around here. He's not the first or the last user to do that. Can we please get back on topic instead of discussing about a BS spewing paranoid user who was banned more then a week ago?

I think everyone gets the point that he pissed off a lot of users around here. He's not the first or the last user to do that. Can we please get back on topic instead of discussing about a BS spewing paranoid user who was banned more then a week ago?

Sure, I didn't even know he was banned but anywho.....

So this is the BT&E order? It better be New Flyer winning this...

It better not!

Oh god, I really don't what to be stuck with over a 1000 plus XD40 and spinoffs (XD60s, possibly CNG variants down the road), this is going to be hell!

If this order is for xd40s plus an additional 700 i dont know what i would do with 1300 XD40s rolling around!

Which bus would inflict more damage, I'm going to say the LFS would. I go with LFS

Hey, I hope this order goes to Orion. Oh wait....

No, but seriously, if it is between Nova and New Flyer, I'd rather have more XD40s than LFSes.

exactly...its not even a foam thing...its just whats best for the MTA...a better bus...many riders (s53, B1) if they see a Orion V or a LFS (well not brooklyn) with an XD40 behind...they would wait for the XD40...even if its crowded...

exactly...its not even a foam thing...its just whats best for the MTA...a better bus...many riders (s53, B1) if they see a Orion V or a LFS (well not brooklyn) with an XD40 behind...they would wait for the XD40...even if its crowded...

If someone purposely boards a crowded bus because its an Xcelsior, than they have issues, especially if the V/LFS is empty.

If someone purposely boards a crowded bus because its an Xcelsior, than they have issues, especially if the V/LFS is empty.

Im soo serious...come fan along the S53, and B1 you see what i mean...mainly the S53 i think when people check bustime they know...(the smiley face buses) start with 48 lol...i talked to a random person...she was like (i love the smiley face bus with the sunroof, i can ride them everyday! Chuckle Chuckle Chuckle)...

Im soo serious...come fan along the S53, and B1 you see what i mean...mainly the S53 i think when people check bustime they know...(the smiley face buses) start with 48 lol...i talked to a random person...she was like (i love the smiley face bus with the sunroof, i can ride them everyday! Chuckle Chuckle Chuckle)...

<_< Wow..... CaitSith was right, those buses are over-rated..... just sayin' <_<

<_< Wow..... CaitSith was right, those buses are over-rated..... just sayin' <_<

how are they over-rated?? overrated means if its getting compliments that it shouldn't be getting...shoot...if the bus is that good to attract riders then heyy...its just a great bus...im sure if more XD40s come...then it will just be more popular...

People still do that? I know I knew some when the buses were new that did that.

how are they over-rated?? overrated means if its getting compliments that it shouldn't be getting...shoot...if the bus is that good to attract riders then heyy...its just a great bus...im sure if more XD40s come...then it will just be more popular...

Ehh, Whatever.... I stand by what I said. ^_^

There's nothing wrong with people opting for a certain bus, but (and this is coming from an Orion V fanboy) if I was presented the choice of: Hybrid VII, V, or VII 3G, and the V was crowded and the other two not then I would certainly opt for one of those, even though I hate 3Gs and am not big on hybrids either.

You betcha!

Ummm....what? It doesn't matter what bus type it is for them folks, it all depends on the space. I've fanned S.I more than enough to know that....they could care less about the model type...its more about the space....emphasis on space.....

verb (used with object), o·ver·rat·ed, o·ver·rat·ing.

to rate or appraise too highly; overestimate: I think you overrate their political influence.

That's what overrated means....and thats what they are!

PLUS....word is out saying that the contracts for both the EXPRESS and LOCAL buses may be split....its being said that the MTA wants more manufacturers in the mix....so we might.....MIGHT see both NovaBUS and New Flyer.

FYI, this is unconfirmed...

Ummm....what? It doesn't matter what bus type it is for them folks, it all depends on the space. I've fanned S.I more than enough to know that....they could care less about the model type...its more about the space....emphasis on space.....

^_^ Ah, exactly! ^_^

People actually do this guys. I really think it has something to do with the look. I will point out 2 examples I have seen with my own two eyes.

1. All over Staten Island CAS routes I noticed passengers will flock to the Xcelsiors. I asked a few why and they just like the way the bus looks. Not to mention they are quite fast, and have a great seating arrangement. They couldn't tell you the name of any bus, but they know what they like by site.

I even know a couple people like that. They know nothing about buses, yet like the Xcelsior and can point it out just because of how it looks.

2. The Rockaway shuttle. A 40 footer and a LFSA can be on line, both empty, and majority of the people will pass up the 40 footer which is first, and head straight for the LFSA behind it.

People actually do this guys. I really think it has something to do with the look. I will point out 2 examples I have seen with my own two eyes.

1. All over Staten Island CAS routes I noticed passengers will flock to the Xcelsiors. I asked a few why and they just like the way the bus looks. Not to mention they are quite fast, and have a great seating arrangement. They couldn't tell you the name of any bus, but they know what they like by site.

I even know a couple people like that. They know nothing about buses, yet like the Xcelsior and can point it out just because of how it looks.

2. The Rockaway shuttle. A 40 footer and a LFSA can be on line, both empty, and majority of the people will pass up the 40 footer which is first, and head straight for the LFSA behind it.

thank you...finally someone understands what im talking about...not just the fact that i like XD40s

If the buses are empty than by all means pick the one you wish to ride. I'm just referring to the post that said people will flock to crowded buses, which I think is slightly insane.

Archived