What's the craziest thing that's ever happened to you/you've seen on a bus?

CDTA

For me, it was when I was on waiting for the 905, (even though the 1 was closer) and this guy keeps muttering something, and it sounds like he's saying "Crack ruined my life", and then I hear he's saying "Crackers ruined my life" over and over again. I get on the bus, and he's still doing it. (He got on the bus too) After about two minutes the B/O tells him to stop. So he says "Well, you can go suck my d***." And the B/O says "That's it, i'm calling the cops" and the crazy guy says "Well they can go suck my d*** too!". The B/O pulls over to call the cops, but someone says "I have to be downtown in 15 minutes, can we please just go?" So the B/O goes, and then I get off at the next stop to transfer, and so does the crazy guy too. (Thank god he didn't end up taking the next bus with me too)

Criminal Act: Someone stabbing a random guy in his back, and the whole bus trying to help the guy, while waiting for paramedics. He recovered and still rides the bus to this day, mind you this was back in '03.

Sexual act. A couple 69'in in the back of the bus, more specifically the back row of an RTS. I don't believe they were arrested. This was in '05

Operator act: Running over a dude who suddenly jumped out in front of the bus. He lost his leg I believe. This was in '99, we were held up for 5 hours. Apparently he was under the influence, and very impaired.

Random act that I was involved in. An 1980 RTS that broke down mid intersection, while behind us a truck that avoided rear ending us triggered a 4 car pile up. This was in either '99 or '00, my memory doesn't serve me best.

Last Year on Parent/Tacher Conference. A group of Kids boarded the bus (from the worst section in my school). As they got off something happened involving taunting/threating gestures with friends whom were also on the bus with me. The irony was that the cops were diagonally across the street from where the bus was...Tsk, Tsk, Tsk. Anyhoo, I never got to understand how it started but I knew it was serious.

I remember posting about this way back...was on some O7 on the M2, and the woman next to me just goes ahead and takes a dump right there on the seat. Was quicker than Usain Bolt getting off that bus...

Then there's always the accidents, was on an NG that crashed on the sidewalk, that wasn't so hot, saw an RTS lose its nose to an out of control van being chased by cops, that was another fun one a few years ago. Always lively in NYC!

I remember posting about this way back...was on some O7 on the M2, and the woman next to me just goes ahead and takes a dump right there on the seat. Was quicker than Usain Bolt getting off that bus...

Then there's always the accidents, was on an NG that crashed on the sidewalk, that wasn't so hot, saw an RTS lose its nose to an out of control van being chased by cops, that was another fun one a few years ago. Always lively in NYC!

Damn fast I would have lost it and chocked her. Wierdest thing while I was on a bus in philly SEPTA 20 I think there was a runaway girl that got caught on the bus the bus stopped and this cop grabs her throwing her off the bus and stuffs her into the van.

Damn fast I would have lost it and chocked her. Wierdest thing while I was on a bus in philly SEPTA 20 I think there was a runaway girl was caught on the bus the bus stopped and this cop grabs her throwing her off the bus and stuffs her into the van.

I think that may be due to truancy. When I was real young, when I would ditch school, I'd leave the county so that no one I knew would see me and to evade the cops. Man was I a dumbass back then.

Last year (Acela Express may know more) I was on a Orion VII NG that came too close to the left side mirror on a RTS at Church Ave and Utica Ave. The mirror dragged along the rightside of the NG. The mirror broke off and fell onto the street. Both buses were put OOS.

how you pulled that off with california buses?

Do you mean how I was able to travel that far on buses? If so, it just required some planning, early departure time, and a lot of patience. I have no regrets though, it was much cheaper than Metrolink (commuter rail, similar to LIRR).

These are indeed some amazing events being told here. It's for these reasons I even rarely take buses as much as buses are cool with the current technology put into them which is incredible. (In case you guys wondered ever why I rarely talk about busfanning)

Lets see...

9182 literally dying in the middle of the street (and sat there for 4 hours in the same spot)

Someone attempting to get their salami polished in the back of the bus

People dropping a deuce in the seat

Wait, polishing their salami on the back on the bus?!! LMFAO!! *cough*

+1, OMG ... too funny...

Do you mean how I was able to travel that far on buses? If so, it just required some planning, early departure time, and a lot of patience. I have no regrets though, it was much cheaper than Metrolink (commuter rail, similar to LIRR).

Or metrolinx didn't have the schedule back then. They added service recently and train tickets and passes are honoered on buses UNLIKE LIRR

TBH, my parents really wouldn't care if I cut school, so I'd just keep it simple and stay at home. I'd just sleep in and then watch some TV or go on the computer or something.

TBH, I've had some funny/strange experiences, but nothing too out of the ordinary. (At least, as far as I remember)

TBH, my parents really wouldn't care if I cut school, so I'd just keep it simple and stay at home. I'd just sleep in and then watch some TV or go on the computer or something.

TBH, I've had some funny/strange experiences, but nothing too out of the ordinary. (At least, as far as I remember)

Well my parents, my mom mainly wouldn't care, but they would usually want me at home. My mom sometimes knowingly let me cut if I stayed in town, or would joke and tell me that "I must have taken the wrong bus". It was when I would leave with friends or long distances that she would tend to care more. Yeah, but overall, my parents are very liberal.

Or metrolinx didn't have the schedule back then. They added service recently and train tickets and passes are honoered on buses UNLIKE LIRR

Honestly, the San Bernardino Line (my line) was always frequent, but when I was younger, as much as I liked Metrolink, I moreso enjoyed riding local buses around different or unfamiliar neighborhoods. It allowed my to view and enjoy the diversity in California. Also, if I had $40, I would rather spend around $7-9 (at the time) to ride the bus, then to spend $18-20 roundtrip on commuter rail.

I will be honest, money was tight back then, so even as a kid I was conservative with my money. My dad would criticize me for it, and still does on occasion, but I'm the one who beneifits out of it.

Well my parents, my mom mainly wouldn't care, but they would usually want me at home. My mom sometimes knowingly let me cut if I stayed in town, or would joke and tell me that "I must have taken the wrong bus". It was when I would leave with friends or long distances that she would tend to care more. Yeah, but overall, my parents are very liberal.

Yeah, with me my parents wouldn't care about things like going to school (since I always did well), but with things like traveling, they tend to worry more. But eventually they were alright with it as long as I called if I was running late or something.

Honestly, the San Bernardino Line (my line) was always frequent, but when I was younger, as much as I liked Metrolink, I moreso enjoyed riding local buses around different or unfamiliar neighborhoods. It allowed my to view and enjoy the diversity in California. Also, if I had $40, I would rather spend around $7-9 (at the time) to ride the bus, then to spend $18-20 roundtrip on commuter rail.

I will be honest, money was tight back then, so even as a kid I was conservative with my money. My dad would criticize me for it, and still does on occasion, but I'm the one who beneifits out of it.

Wait, did you live in a city when you were younger? I thought you lived in a rural area with infrequent service.

And yeah, I'm a cheapskate too. ;)

Commuter service runs like crap compared to the former redlines no wonder everybody drives. A bus that is limited to just rush hours is useless in a geographically spread out area such as southern CA. Funny thing greyhound provides additional service throughout to boot.

In the subway thread, he talks about "people getting their wood buffed and their carpets vacuumed". LMAO.

There's children in here lmao...I already got a warning under my belt about my vulgar and inappropriate language.

...gotta water it down for the kids :D

Oh I have seen some funny stuff on buses hehe

- A woman's weave falling out LMAO

- A fight (one that I almost got involved in)

- A food fight

- The bus I was on almost getting hit by a dollar van -__-

- The occasional drunk/disorderly/deranged passenger

- A woman pepper spraying people from school

- A condom on the floor of the bus (an RTS on the Q85)

Also contributing to Turbo and checkmate's discussion on travels and such, my mother is very liberal and young, she likes me having free will. I can stay out late and go wherever as long as I keep in touch every few hours of course, I can come home in the AM hours (which I do sometimes, but not often because bus service runs like sh!t after midnight). As for school, if I'm not feeling well or just need a break, my mom lets me stay home or go out if i want to (doesn't happen often, got Perfect Attendance in Sophomore Year lol). Interestingly, I have never been stopped by a truancy officer before (on days where Catholic school gets out early or has a day off that public schools don't).. Someone told me that they don't like messing with Catholic School kids, is this true?

Archived