The Schoolcar Experience

mediccjh

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So is everyone in your school car classes still there? Anyone quit or fail the signal exam?

Quit the signal exam? How do you quit a signal exam? Get up in the middle of the exam and walk away? In any case we have 2 excellent instructors at the helm in our class who have been instilling all of their knowledge into us. We go over signals constantly but beyond that it behooves everyone to continue reading all of the handouts while you're at home. If you read and go over your signals and their respective definitions on a daily basis and you look for and react to those signals accordingly while you're doing road operations then that means that you have a clear understanding of the signals and you will be alright when the test comes around.

So is everyone in your school car classes still there? Anyone quit or fail the signal exam?

Quit the signal exam? How do you quit a signal exam? Get up in the middle of the exam and walk away? In any case we have 2 excellent instructors at the helm in our class who have been instilling all of their knowledge into us. We go over signals constantly but beyond that it behooves everyone to continue reading all of the handouts while you're at home. If you read and go over your signals and their respective definitions on a daily basis and you look for and react to those signals accordingly while you're doing road operations then that means that you have a clear understanding of the signals and you will be alright when the test comes around.

Do yourself a favor and do not read ANYTHING this person has to say on here. He's a newly hired conductor that has already thrown other people under the train. He was already banned on this forum for being a massive troll and has returned under a new name. Ignore him, he knows NOTHING. Carry on..

I month in and i would have to say that school car has been an exciting experience. The information is coming fast and all of us seem to be picking it up nicely. Learning the wording on some signals has been tricky but im slowly getting it. I would say at this point i have about 95% of them memorized. We got to do road operations on an R68 and R142 and it was an awesome feeling being behind the controls. TSS Kenny Taylor really knows the subway system and had me operating like i was a 20 year vet. All in all we all seem to enjoy learning the in's and out's of RTO and are looking forward to this signals exam.

I month in and i would have to say that school car has been an exciting experience. The information is coming fast and all of us seem to be picking it up nicely. Learning the wording on some signals has been tricky but im slowly getting it. I would say at this point i have about 95% of them memorized. We got to do road operations on an R68 and R142 and it was an awesome feeling being behind the controls. TSS Kenny Taylor really knows the subway system and had me operating like i was a 20 year vet. All in all we all seem to enjoy learning the in's and out's of RTO and are looking forward to this signals exam.

I like the sound of that NY Trucker ! I start tomorrow, Thanks for the positive words !

Ah Kenny Taylor Good guy!

Oh Btw you know the R68 is B Div equipment right?

Edited by RTOMan

Prepared a train for yard movement today and also did some cuts and adds, preparing for our first yard practical which is less than one month away! My class is doing well so far so im sure we'll all pass, but realizing its so close is a bit nerve wracking!! I picked up on just about all the signals meanings, but learning the meanings word for word is a bit of a task...I'll get it tho

Prepared a train for yard movement today and also did some cuts and adds, preparing for our first yard practical which is less than one month away! My class is doing well so far so im sure we'll all pass, but realizing its so close is a bit nerve wracking!! I picked up on just about all the signals meanings, but learning the meanings word for word is a bit of a task...I'll get it tho

Just relax and remember yer training you will be fine! :):):):):)

Ah im in Refresher we was in the other R160, we kinda sat back and watched you folks work... :)

Well, we were supposed to go for a joyride today, but the switch problems at 47-50 prevented that. We're gonna try again tomorrow from JYD.

I was the bald white guy with the goatee.

Well, we were supposed to go for a joyride today, but the switch problems at 47-50 prevented that. We're gonna try again tomorrow from JYD.

I was the bald white guy with the goatee.

You was sitting there chilling i see ha ha the lady who had a "issue at 1st with that sucka cutting it" worked out great she did it like a pro.. Impressive...