Grand Theft Auto V Discussion

DJ MC

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope... It's only for PS3 and Xbox 360 at the moment... No next gen or PC version yet...

Works perfectly for me. I don't see the need to buy a new gaming system just for this game. As for the game play, not sure if I like the idea of toggling b/w different characters on a mission. I prefer the one at a time sorta thing.

Works perfectly for me. I don't see the need to buy a new gaming system just for this game. As for the game play, not sure if I like the idea of toggling b/w different characters on a mission. I prefer the one at a time sorta thing.

I see toggling between three different characters as a challenge IMO. 

I believe that switching characters is optional on some missions...

• 4 weeks later...

Did anyone pre-order Grand Theft Auto V yet? If so, which edition? I'm thinking of going for the Collector's edition, just for the hell of it, but only Rockstar itself and Gamestop are doing pre-orders for that. Problem is, I also want it delivered on the street date, and neither truly guarantee that. Really sucks that Amazon wasn't let in on pre-ordering all the editions.

Preordering soon, regular version. Gonna stop by Gamestop and pick it up in person, hoping they do a midnight release.

This game does look like it's going to be awesome, but to me, San Andreas is the best GTA game of all time.

That's how I feel now, but I don't know man. V is looking pretty damn good.

Did anyone pre-order Grand Theft Auto V yet? If so, which edition? I'm thinking of going for the Collector's edition, just for the hell of it, but only Rockstar itself and Gamestop are doing pre-orders for that. Problem is, I also want it delivered on the street date, and neither truly guarantee that. Really sucks that Amazon wasn't let in on pre-ordering all the editions.

I've pre-ordered the GTA V Collector's Edition with Gamestop... Totally worth it in my opinion...

If I were you, I'd pre-order the CE with Rockstar since they said that they will ship out orders before release so it can get to you by release date...

Looks like Rockstar Warehouse itself sold out the Collectors Edition for now:

Grand Theft Auto V Collector's Edition

Sorry! This item is not available.

http://www.rockstarwarehouse.com/Product.aspx?pSKU=GAME-GTAVCE&vName=360&actionsource=Product%20Grid

Are you talking about single player or online multiplayer co-op? Rockstar has confirmed in interviews they've done that there is no online multiplayer co-op:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/17/gta-v-burning-questions-answered

I meant co-op at home, not online, just with two controllers. But looking at what they've said, I don't think they'll have it.

Oh thank god. I play solo, so if it required a 2nd person (online or in person), then I can't finish the game. Obviously the xbox 360 vs xbox 1 thing was sorted out, but good to get that confirmation. I honestly doubt that I would've gone out to buy a new game system just for this game no matter how good it is. I don't play games as much as i used to and would feel it is a major waste for one game.

There is going to be online multiplayer solo, in the form of GTA Online (which isn't coming online until two weeks after release)

The immediate implication of this is if this is moddable at all, because mods made GTA IV even more fun than it already was.

Edited by bobtehpanda

There is going to be online multiplayer solo, in the form of GTA Online (which isn't coming online until two weeks after release)

(Youtube vid)

The immediate implication of this is if this is moddable at all, because mods made GTA IV even more fun than it already was.

A little late with the first sentence lol...

Mods are only on PC... PC version isn't confirmed yet... Whenever you see mods or uzi's shooting rockets or things like that in public matches on the consoles, then that's hacking, which is heavily frowned upon... 

I will admit mods on the PC are fun though...

BIG news... apparently Sony put up a "pre-load" digital download on Playstation Network that unlocks itself on release day (it's already downloaded to your console), now the folks on GTAForums and PS3ISO are trying to crack it.

I'm following http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=575841&st=1420 and *Removed*

Edited by SevenEleven

BIG news... apparently Sony put up a "pre-load" digital download on Playstation Network that unlocks itself on release day (it's already downloaded to your console), now the folks on GTAForums and PS3ISO are trying to crack it.

I'm following http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=575841&st=1420 and *removed*

I was hearing that the pre-load was only for European PS3's... I highly doubt folks are going to crack it...

I prefer a physical copy over digital... It's only 8GB to download by disc vs 18GB digitally...

Edited by SevenEleven

I'd love to see someone crack it. I'd probably go out and buy a ps3 and somehow download it here at college with crappy monitored internet. That thread on GTAForums has since been locked and looks like someone called PS3Repack on PS3ISO has gotten a visit from the police for taking part in the attempt to crack GTA V. Not sure if its true or not yet.

GTAForums still has a lot of new stuff coming in, they were able to crack the cutscene/radio audio files and they got guys going through that stuff (the audio files are hours long). Gotta warn ya though, a lot of the things they're finding are big spoilers.

Also I highly doubt anyone was visited by the cops. The guy probably realized he couldn't "crack it" so he said that as his excuse to avoid pissing everyone off.

Edited by Orion VII 4 Life

Guys, I don't mind the scene discussion but you cannot link over to those scene sites, such as the one Orion linked.

If you were talking about the disgusting stuff that was posted second site I linked to, that was just stuff trolls from another site (not naming it) came in and posted. The site is a discussion forum for PS3 games, like GTAForums is for GTA, and all the disgusting shit posted over there was just outside trolls. Sorry about that one.

Also seems like now the owners of GTAForums have been contacted by R* and the spoiler section has been removed. One of the mods there said:

Discussion of Sony and their mishap ends here.
Edited by Orion VII 4 Life

If you were talking about the disgusting stuff that was posted second site I linked to, that was just stuff trolls from another site (not naming it) came in and posted. The site is a discussion forum for PS3 games, like GTAForums is for GTA, and all the disgusting shit posted over there was just outside trolls. Sorry about that one.

Nah, it wasn't that. I just know what everyone uses P***O for, and unfortunately, it's against the rules.

Nah, it wasn't that. I just know what everyone uses P***O for, and unfortunately, it's against the rules.

Gotcha.

Also, the owner of GTAForums was in fact contacted by R* and "asked" to remove the leaks and not allow anymore to be posted. http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=576813&st=0