MTA's Vintage Bus Fleet to Hit the Road Again

DJ MC

How does that work?

I took #3100 heading to the U.N. at around 2:32 at Times Square, while I saw #2969 (at Lexington) heading to the U.N. on the way back at around 2:59. I guess it left had 20 minutes later or so from the Hudson side. Then another 20 minutes or so when I got #2969 heading to back to the Hudson at 3rd Avenue. Took it to Bryant Park (and saw #9098 on the way to the U.N.) and got off at 3:30 P.M. Then I waited at Bryant Park until 4:00 P.M. when #9098 was heading back. And so I got off at Times Square, and that was it.

I wasn't the only guy who had rode all three, and I only rode the ones scheduled for 2:30.

I took #3100 heading to the U.N. at around 2:32 at Times Square, while I saw #2969 (at Lexington) heading to the U.N. on the way back at around 2:59. I guess it left had 20 minutes later or so from the Hudson side. Then another 20 minutes or so when I got #2969 heading to back to the Hudson at 3rd Avenue. Took it to Bryant Park (and saw #9098 on the way to the U.N.) and got off at 3:30 P.M. Then I waited at Bryant Park until 4:00 P.M. when #9098 was heading back. And so I got off at Times Square, and that was it.

I wasn't the only guy who had rode all three, and I only rode the ones scheduled for 2:30.

So they were staggered?

Also, does anyone know if they are running different buses every day, or at different times?

"All of these vintage buses will operate along the M42 (42nd Street Crosstown) Monday through Friday, departing from 42nd Street and 12th Avenue at 8:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m. and again in the afternoon at 2:30 p.m. The fare is $2.25 in cash or swipe a MetroCard, just like our more modern, but far less interesting buses."( From Source Article )

He might say "far less interesting buses" now, but what about in 40 years time?

"All of these vintage buses will operate along the M42 (42nd Street Crosstown) Monday through Friday, departing from 42nd Street and 12th Avenue at 8:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m. and again in the afternoon at 2:30 p.m. The fare is $2.25 in cash or swipe a MetroCard, just like our more modern, but far less interesting buses."( From Source Article )

He might say "far less interesting buses" now, but what about in 40 years time?

There probably has been a greater change in buses since the vintage fleet (CNG, kneeling) than there will be in the next 40 years.

You know, I wonder when the MTA plans to send #1201 and #101 to run in service?

They aren't any time soon...theres still RTSs roaming around along with Orion Vs

And #6350.

Last time I checked, that one can't run due to a lack of parts

Archived