What retired NYCTA/Bus company fleet do you miss the most?

jgood6195

Going pretty far back, I was a big fan of the GMC RTSes, those 6v92s were powerful and those buses moved well. The O6s (when they ran) were also great, and the whole 8600 series of RTSes had some real runners. I grew up on the GMCs and later TMCs, those will definitely be missed. Suppose I liked the 100 series Orions as well, but I was always partial to the GMC RTSes.

1998-99 OBI Orion 5.501 CNG Suburban from Queens Surface, Liberty Lines MCI's classics, 1988-89 MCI Model TC-40102A (Classic Suburbans ) 1984 MCI MC9 Etc. I also like the 1978 GMC P8M-4905A Parlor Bus and 1969 GMC Model S8H-5303A New Look Suburban buses from NYBS .

That is what I like and miss.

The 1981-1985 built GMC RTS-04 buses (T8W-204s and T8J-204s). The T8Ws had 6V71Ns while the T8Js had 6V92TAs. Awesome sounding buses they were and they were powerful too with those two cycle engines they had. I also liked the Alcoa rims on the rebuilt T8W-204s that were numbered in the 7000 series.

-them top heavy CNG RTSs...those were some buses with some serious lean to it, only rivaled with the Flxible Metros

-the 8000 series RTS...those came in at around the same time I was born so I literally grew up with those

-the DesignLines...dont care what anyone says, those were some futuristic looking buses that had potential if it wasn't for that turbine technology

I loved all of the Triboro fleet

If only those 500 series Orion 5s kept their ZFs..

Or their L10G engines for that matter. Though, I did like their newer DD50G EGR engines as well. Plus, they might of retired them sooner (like around 2006-2007 along with the 1993-1994 TMC RTS CNGs) had they not repower/replace their tanks.

Having lived in Corona all my life, the GMC RTS's, the TMC RTS CNG's and the MCI Classics from Triboro are the buses i miss the most.

In addition, the NYCT GMC RTS's were also my favorite buses

God, those RTS CNG's knew how to lean and roar!

Archived