New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7209 and 7210 on the 64J and 64H respectively.

And since when did Academy buses start showing up on this thing?

I noticed that too. It's because Academy's buses that are on the 139 have clever devices on them. I kept thinking Howell had buses from Academy to keep.

NJT is probably gonna do that with all the NABIs and maybe even the new MCIs since the lights in them things are bright as hell.

Edited by Transitkid4608

I noticed that too. It's because Academy's buses that are on the 139 have clever devices on them. I kept thinking Howell had buses from Academy to keep.

Not all of tthem, still plenty of runs show up off the map and without Clever Devices, but lately they've been trying not to do that. It's basically all the late 8500s from the 8560s to 8590s that have them. What's weird is they have them but inside the announcements are audio only, they didn't put a LED sign up front, guessing cause the Academy units didn't have them already there since they have no Wayfarer and they didn't feel like installing new ones.

Speaking of Academy, I think I saw them doing a 130 or 139 run in the PM rush, haven't seen them off the 136 in the PM for a while. I had 7214 for my ride yesterday though, holy shit that was an uncomfortable seat (back row was full by the time I got on smh) but dammmn that bus hauled ass. I would say better than the MTA reject 7100s even.

Edited by Orion VII 4 Life

Not all of tthem, still plenty of runs show up off the map and without Clever Devices, but lately they've been trying not to do that. It's basically all the late 8500s from the 8560s to 8590s that have them. What's weird is they have them but inside the announcements are audio only, they didn't put a LED sign up front, guessing cause the Academy units didn't have them already there since they have no Wayfarer and they didn't feel like installing new ones.

Speaking of Academy, I think I saw them doing a 130 or 139 run in the PM rush, haven't seen them off the 136 in the PM for a while. I had 7214 for my ride yesterday though, holy shit that was an uncomfortable seat (back row was full by the time I got on smh) but dammmn that bus hauled ass. I would say better than the MTA reject 7100s even.

I saw one 139 and one 130 trip from Academy yesterday while waiting for the 139 back into the city.

Still amazes me that they never fixed the EPRESS program...

Just want to say few words from last few weeks of riding njt. 

Does every transfer from bus to bus should be told on the Clever?Let say 832 at monmouth mall, they announce and display transfer to 831.At campbell junction on 834 they don't have  announcement or display transfer to 817. I find this strange and missing the connection that should be told. 

I was on red bank bound the other day and a passenger push the tape for stop request. The bus was stopping at railroad crossing and of course open the door for listening to the train. Out of nowhere a passenger try to get off the bus right there and driver stop the passenger. The passenger was trying to get off at pinckney road. SMH. i think he wasn't aware of the railroad crossing and the rules for the bus driver when meed to cross railroad.

Bus driver shouldn't you guys want some kind of flashing light or your dashboard indicating a stop request have been push? i was on asbury park bound and the driver at the moment was tune out and didn't hear the stop request . The passenger had to tell him to stop. i am sure it was honest forgettable that we all been there. When my friend was training at the Mta for bus driver and i talk to him about bus stop request, he told me you can hear it and see it on corner of your eye. I said to him i think they should have flashing light for bus request on the dashboard.(my opinion what your?)

So the M&E had some trouble tonight. They suspended service between Summit and Convent and provided buses, so that's a clear indication that something pretty nasty has happened. My guess is out of the myriad of trees on that line, one of them fell onto the Catenary, the track bed washed out, or the storm damaged equipment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interesting how the 30 foot LF's have padded seats instead of full cushioned seats.  The NABI order as a whole has variations in the buses themselves that make it an interesting order - for example, the doors.  The earliest ones, basically the suburbans, have rounded door windows where the later ones have sharp edges; and the front doors on the suburbans have the upper half black, lower half white and the later ones are all black.  

The seats are the other big one - Not sure where the "bed bug" seats begin, but I'm going to say in the 5800 series.  

Also, the starter switch is in a different location on the suburbans vs. the transits.  

Any other differences that anybody noticed?  

img_logo_iconwithtext.png
img_logo_bustracker.gif
7:57 PM    map_arrivals_button.jpg

Bus: 5609 close_icon.gif Route: 505 To 505 MARGATE FRANKLIN AVE Direction: Margate-Longport
Next Stops VENTNOR AVE + BALTIMORE AVE  APPROACHING VENTNOR AVE + WASHINGTON AVE  Less than 1 MIN VENTNOR AVE + FREDERICKSBURG AVE  1 MIN VENTNOR AVE + BRUNSWICK AVE  1 MIN Route Progress Route Schedule

sorry for da crappy post but here heres 5609 on 505 today.

Edited by jayden 973

I'm taking this with a very little grain of salt...but I'm hearing that the new order of MCI CNGs might be coming this fall along with the MCI Hybrid order. Also, the only Designline that was sent back was 7202, as that was the pilot bus to build the other buses. 7203 is the only one that never made it on the property, as that was the other Designline that went out West and other cities in the U.S. 7201, 7204-7214 still operate and sit at Howell.

Also, the Designline/MCI exchange is not going to happen immediately, so you'll likely get a chance to get a photo of either one of them side by side.

Edited by Cait Sith

I'm taking this with a very little grain of salt...but I'm hearing that the new order of MCI CNGs might be coming this fall along with the MCI Hybrid order. Also, the only Designline that was sent back was 7202, as that was the pilot bus to build the other buses. 7203 is the only one that never made it on the property, as that was the other Designline that went out West and other cities in the U.S. 7201, 7204-7214 still operate and sit at Howell.

Also, the Designline/MCI exchange is not going to happen immediately, so you'll likely get a chance to get a photo of either one of them side by side.

That hybrid order never got actually awarded/placed IIRC.

I'm on the Atlantic City line train right now from AC to Cherry Hill and they are telling all the Philly customers to change to PATCO at Lindenwold because the train will terminate at Pennsauken due to the severe weather

That's certainly possible... Philly was hit hard with very strong thunderstorms. I watched them march across the Delaware River.. as they hit more "stable" air influenced by the ocean they lost their intensity.. I do not see a severe threat THIS afternoon due to loss of daytime heating with cloud cover. 

That's certainly possible... Philly was hit hard with very strong thunderstorms. I watched them march across the Delaware River.. as they hit more "stable" air influenced by the ocean they lost their intensity.. I do not see a severe threat THIS afternoon due to loss of daytime heating with cloud cover. 

the Delair Bridge power was knocked out because of the winds, but not DIVIDE or JORDAN interlockings which was able to have the train terminate at Pennsauken instead of Cherry Hill, except they cancelled train 4643 last night and had a shuttle bus from Cherry Hill to AC making all stops

Today, overhead wires were down on the Montclair-Boonton Line from last night, causing 60 minute delays

Edited by mfs NJT459