New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oradels not getting a new garage anytime soon. Blvd east service is frequent so that the problem is not overly major. They have more buses out then in. If they dont get a new garage transit probably will order 40fters just for them and market street. Mci will make 40fters if transit says the right price.

Yup, Transit has customized the funk out of buses all throughout their history, no reason this should be any different.  

I do believe Transit wants to eventually close down Oradell because of the flooding and capacity issue, but there is no money or land to build a replacement garage.  Not sure if all the work can be absorbed by other garages; Meadowlands helps out with the 166 and 167 but I don't know how much more they can take on; I don't know what else Market Street can take on but I know at one time they had all the P lines in addition to what they have now; and I suspect Wayne can take on quite a bit more than it has now... I took a spin by Wayne Garage the other day (didn't go inside the day room though) just for the hell of it and holy crap that place is MASSIVE!!!  

Oradels not getting a new garage anytime soon. Blvd east service is frequent so that the problem is not overly major. They have more buses out then in. If they dont get a new garage transit probably will order 40fters just for them and market street. Mci will make 40fters if transit says the right price.

It does not have to be a NEW garage it could be just shifting buses or routes around to other garages. It can be done with planning.

Wayne might have the room for more buses but they are struggling to make full service Monday-Friday. There are issues with the maintenance department and until they deal with those internal issues I don't see any lines or buses being transferred. And you have to remember that NJT will have a problem when Rockland finally winds down Oradell might be tasked with taking some of those lines.

Did you catch the run number? Our only newark 319 goes out at 4 in the morning and gets back to ac at 1235pm and meadowlands does the other out at 4pm but that left as a 7100. 7787 went up from eht to ny and back. 2/319 is jersey city/newark eht.

Edited by 553 Bridgeton

I have a question for the PABT issue, where do the buses park at for the rush, and if its either the streets of Midtown, the Weehawken Lot or both. How bad does it get?

I think, although its a crap shoot, i might have an idea about it

Aboard 7214 right now. This thing is a little bumpy. The seats ain't too bad, A/C is up full blast. The lights are bright as hell though. Overall this bus gets a B-.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow most people complain about the seats.

Not me. I'm not even gonna care that the new MCIs have em. Other people might though, but they gotta suck it up and deal with it because come 2019 it's gonna become the norm with NJT's buses.

Last thing NJT needs is lower ridership they do not need to make the ride less comfortable. Remember 60% of their riders choose to use them but don't have to.

Looks a little weird...but approved! (beats those DLs)

Why these seats?

Last thing NJT needs is lower ridership they do not need to make the ride less comfortable. Remember 60% of their riders choose to use them but don't have to.

Why these seats?

Easier cleaning and ridding of bed-bugs. The cloth fabric has been notorious for being home to bed bugs.

On a sidenote, 7278 has SEEN SERVICE! Spotted on the 139 on the turnpike.

Did you catch the run number? Our only newark 319 goes out at 4 in the morning and gets back to ac at 1235pm and meadowlands does the other out at 4pm but that left as a 7100. 7787 went up from eht to ny and back. 2/319 is jersey city/newark eht.

Actually I was able to get the run number. It was R902.

I have a question for the PABT issue, where do the buses park at for the rush, and if its either the streets of Midtown, the Weehawken Lot or both. How bad does it get?

I think, although its a crap shoot, i might have an idea about it

29th Street, 38th Street, 40th Street, Galvin, Weehawken, and the UBL (Upper Bus Level of the Port).  Each garage is assigned a lot, or lots - for example, Weehawken is used by Wayne, Howell and Oradell.  38th Street is Fairview and Market Street.  Oradell also uses 29th Street.

29th Street, 38th Street, 40th Street, Galvin, Weehawken, and the UBL (Upper Bus Level of the Port).  Each garage is assigned a lot, or lots - for example, Weehawken is used by Wayne, Howell and Oradell.  38th Street is Fairview and Market Street.  Oradell also uses 29th Street.

Howell uses the lot by the Javits. Seen NABIs there too so it's not only theirs.

Not me. I'm not even gonna care that the new MCIs have em. Other people might though, but they gotta suck it up and deal with it because come 2019 it's gonna become the norm with NJT's buses.

They're only share the same fabric. They're not the same model.