Crosstown Bronx routes

Via Garibaldi 8

The only reason why Woodlawn doesn't want to give up their Bx34 is the connection to the (4) and (D) trains. My Bx10 would do just that and serve more neighborhoods, like Bedford Park, Van Cortlandt Village, Kingsbridge and Riverdale.

That's possible, but probably also because the Bx34 is pretty reliable.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice try. I have the PM saved, and it mentions absolutely nothing about skin tone, so no, I didn't "express any concern". You "know what was stated" the same way you "know what was stated" at the meeting with the transcript, right?

And no, that wasn't "meanwhile". I only realized it after that PM about the Bx15 thread, and then it all came together. You want to call me dense, go ahead. Of course, a racist isn't going to admit that they're racist. Just ask JQP. LOL.

You sure as hell did in that thread that you pulled up.  Whether you want to admit it or not, your issues stem much further than me, that much is obvious.  Even before this whole nonsense occurred, you made it your business to wedge yourself into just about any conversation I was involved in.  You still can't explain why you're intrigued with someone that you claim you have such issues with.  You claim it's because I post so much yet there are others that have high post counts, so please.  

At your age, I was out and about enjoying life, not on a computer following people around hoarding messages and copying posts like some sort of freak.

@cotb16: Yeah but the route isn't that reliable...

The only reason why Woodlawn doesn't want to give up their Bx34 is the connection to the (4) and (D) trains. My Bx10 would do just that and serve more neighborhoods, like Bedford Park, Van Cortlandt Village, Kingsbridge and Riverdale.

How will it become reliable?

For the Bx10, I would just restructure it east of Lehman College where it takes many turns, especially at the Gun Hill/Bainbridge intersection.

Ok you have my attention what will you do with bx10 to streamline it ? Transfer it's slow segment to other lines.

What a ridiculous idea... Fieldston is a private community. They don't want or need buses there. The current buses work just fine because there is really no where else to run buses there without them meandering endlessly. If anything some Bx10s could be extended, but even then that would probably just make the route worse with more bunching, so you would have only certain runs extended.

So manhattan college parkway is a private community? I see

You sure as hell did in that thread that you pulled up.  Whether you want to admit it or not, your issues stem much further than me, that much is obvious.  Even before this whole nonsense occurred, you made it your business to wedge yourself into just about any conversation I was involved in.  You still can't explain why you're intrigued with someone that you claim you have such issues with.  You claim it's because I post so much yet there are others that have high post counts, so please.  

@cotb16: Yeah but the route isn't that reliable...

Like I said, that PM mentioned nothing about skin tone or any of that. Don't embarrass yourself by asking me to prove it.

Ah, like I said, a perfect example of projection. You've done that plenty of times yourself. For instance, I remember in a thread, I mentioned an extension of the S93, and I asked B35 something like "So, you don't think it's worth it, even for coverage", and then you come jumping in talking about "Yes, that is correct". (It was either in the 2010 SI proposals thread, or the one about the VA Medical Center). And there's plenty more examples out there, but I don't feel like searching for them. Like I said, don't act like you're particularly innocent of what you're accusing me of.

It's an open forum. People can respond to whatever they want. You want to make your view known about being needed for coverage? That's fine, but don't act like I can't make my view known about something you say.

Oh, really? Here's the top posters list. The only member who has more posts than you is Shortline Bus (by a pretty small margin), and he's been here over 2 years longer than you have. Considering that it's easier to respond to a current thread rather than an old thread, that easily means you have the most posts to respond to.

Like I said, that PM mentioned nothing about skin tone or any of that. Don't embarrass yourself by asking me to prove it.

Ah, like I said, a perfect example of projection. You've done that plenty of times yourself. For instance, I remember in a thread, I mentioned an extension of the S93, and I asked B35 something like "So, you don't think it's worth it, even for coverage", and then you come jumping in talking about "Yes, that is correct". (It was either in the 2010 SI proposals thread, or the one about the VA Medical Center). And there's plenty more examples out there, but I don't feel like searching for them. Like I said, don't act like you're particularly innocent of what you're accusing me of.

It's an open forum. People can respond to whatever they want. You want to make your view known about being needed for coverage? That's fine, but don't act like I can't make my view known about something you say.

Oh, really? Here's the top posters list. The only member who has more posts than you is Shortline Bus (by a pretty small margin), and he's been here over 2 years longer than you have. Considering that it's easier to respond to a current thread rather than an old thread, that easily means you have the most posts to respond to.

I'm sure I do.... You're a male teenager following a grown man on a forum saving PMs and copying threads. This PM that you keep bringing up happened over the summer of last year according to you and we're now almost in the spring of 2013 and you're still bringing it up.  I suppose you have a good reason as to why you in addition to saving these things you've also saved photos of me and pretty much anything else you can find of me on the internet, all because I'm supposedly a racist and an elitist.  I know I know.... You just simply found those things... The kind of behavior that you're demonstrating on here is what a pedophile would do and it is not normal either, especially since you claim you have such problems with me and you wonder why I started distancing myself from you... Smh  

You've already provided your "proof" over and over again right here on the forums, so why are you still hoarding these things??? That's the question. My photos and messages must be made of gold or something. Like I said, you have a problem and it ain't just this BS about me being this racist and elitist that you keep harping on.  I would love to know if your parents know that you're saving photos of a grown man... I still didn't forget how you made a point of visiting my profile page damn there every day if not every day.  I even told another member about it and told that person to just watch and sure enough, there he was showing up on my page like clock work.  It's only since I brought it up that you stopped doing it.  I would be embarrassed quite frankly... Like I said a freak...

If this is what you do with people you supposedly have a problem with I can't imagine what you do with so called friends... 

I'm sure I do.... You're a male teenager following a grown man on a forum saving PMs and copying threads. This PM that you keep bringing up happened over the summer of last year according to you and we're now almost in the spring of 2013 and you're still bringing it up.  I suppose you have a good reason as to why you in addition to saving these things you've also saved photos of me and pretty much anything else you can find of me on the internet, all because I'm supposedly a racist and an elitist.  I know I know.... You just simply found those things... The kind of behavior that you're demonstrating on here is what a pedophile would do and it is not normal either, especially since you claim you have such problems with me and you wonder why I started distancing myself from you... Smh  

You've already provided your "proof" over and over again right here on the forums, so why are you still hoarding these things??? That's the question. My photos and messages must be made of gold or something. Like I said, you have a problem and it ain't just this BS about me being this racist and elitist that you keep harping on.  I would love to know if your parents know that you're saving photos of a grown man... I still didn't forget how you made a point of visiting my profile page damn there every day if not every day.  I even told another member about it and told that person to just watch and sure enough, there he was showing up on my page like clock work.  It's only since I brought it up that you stopped doing it.  I would be embarrassed quite frankly... Like I said a freak...

If this is what you do with people you supposedly have a problem with I can't imagine what you do with so called friends... 

:o:o:o

It's just all I can say right now. wow, like a boss...? :mellow:

I guarantee you that if you looked in any member's PM box, they'd still have old PMs. The same way there are plenty of us who have old emails in our inbox. It was actually just a stroke of luck that I didn't delete that first PM (and you're going to say "Yeah, yeah, yeah, you just happened to have it"). As for the other PM where you talk about "pieces of shit", well, I forwarded that to some other members, and our conversations are still active (Talking about other things, but we didn't feel like making a seperate PM and using up more inbox space).

I like the way you mention "copying threads". It's called the "Search" function, smart one. :rolleyes: For the photos, actually it wasn't me who found it. Somebody else found the photo floating around after you had the SI Advance delete it. And would that be more examples of you projecting your feelings onto others, by saying that's what pedophiles do? Or are you dead-ass scared of me, and that's why you're taking karate lessons? (Don't sit there and pretend that's not you trying to disguise yourself as a 45 year-old woman. LOL)

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I visited your profile every day. :rolleyes: I remember you sending a PM message to TSS saying "Why are you looking at my profile every day?" (During a period you claimed to be taking a break, so how could you even see that anyway?), so maybe he's a stalker too. :rolleyes: I looked at it a couple of times throughout your supposed break, and you claim I was looking every single day.

I guarantee you that if you looked in any member's PM box, they'd still have old PMs. The same way there are plenty of us who have old emails in our inbox. It was actually just a stroke of luck that I didn't delete that first PM (and you're going to say "Yeah, yeah, yeah, you just happened to have it"). As for the other PM where you talk about "pieces of shit", well, I forwarded that to some other members, and our conversations are still active (Talking about other things, but we didn't feel like making a seperate PM and using up more inbox space).

I like the way you mention "copying threads". It's called the "Search" function, smart one. :rolleyes: For the photos, actually it wasn't me who found it. Somebody else found the photo floating around after you had the SI Advance delete it. And would that be more examples of you projecting your feelings onto others, by saying that's what pedophiles do? Or are you dead-ass scared of me, and that's why you're taking karate lessons? (Don't sit there and pretend that's not you trying to disguise yourself as a 45 year-old woman. LOL)

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I visited your profile every day. :rolleyes: I remember you sending a PM message to TSS saying "Why are you looking at my profile every day?" (During a period you claimed to be taking a break, so how could you even see that anyway?), so maybe he's a stalker too. :rolleyes: I looked at it a couple of times throughout your supposed break, and you claim I was looking every single day.

Yeah, I know "somebody else" found it now... You went and looked for it and saved it... There's a post in here which you admitted it talking about yeah I remembered your name from the (MTA) hearing and I looked for it, just like you admitted to going to the shout box and copying and saving a conversation between me and Shortline because we had this HUGE conspiracy that we were cooking up.  Nobody does that type of nonsense.  You've got a good reason for everything.  Like I said you're a male teenager, supposedly, saving info on a grown man and I'm the weird one. I know.... Everything is a conspiracy.  

That whole profile thing with you was going on well before this happened, and I mean MONTHS not just a few days and the funny thing is that another member joked about how he noticed your strange behavior of making a point to jump into anything I was discussing and he found it strange, as do some other members in here, so it isn't just me.  You are so detailed in remembering every event that deals with me that you should score not a 100% but a 200% if you given a pop quiz and that is not at all cute or funny either.  

Now that it's out there, I've said my piece.  

Yeah, I know "somebody else" found it now... You went and looked for it and saved it... There's a post in here which you admitted it talking about yeah I remembered your name from the (MTA) hearing and I looked for it, just like you admitted to going to the shout box and copying and saving a conversation between me and Shortline because we had this HUGE conspiracy that we were cooking up.  Nobody does that type of nonsense.  You've got a good reason for everything.  Like I said you're a male teenager, supposedly, saving info on a grown man and I'm the weird one. I know.... Everything is a conspiracy.  

That whole profile thing with you was going on well before this happened, and I mean MONTHS not just a few days and the funny thing is that another member joked about how he noticed your strange behavior of making a point to jump into anything I was discussing and he found it strange, as do some other members in here, so it isn't just me.  You are so detailed in remembering every event that deals with me that you should score not a 100% but a 200% if you given a pop quiz and that is not at all cute or funny either.  

Now that it's out there, I've said my piece.  

LMAO. Yeah, everything about me is "supposedly". It's not plainly obvious that I'm a teenage male. LOL. But since you want to talk about putting people's age and gender in question, how's 3068 doing? You know, your alter ego as a 45 year-old female?

Well, let's think. You were the only one speaking about the X16, and really one of the few people whose comment made some sort of sense (You weren't shouting "No service cuts" or any of that). After the hearing, they put up an article about the meeting, and they had a slideshow or something that had the pictures attached. I wasn't actively looking for your specific picture (matter of fact, I was looking for my own to see if the reporter bothered to stay for the entire meeting, which they didn't). Then when you came on here, mentioned your name, and mentioned that you spoke about the X16, I said that the picture is out there, and you could look for it by typing your name.

As for not looking for it, that's actually true, whether you want to believe it or not. You called up the SI Advance and had it deleted from the site, so I obviously couldn't find it from the site, now could I? So one of the members who I told about the "piece of shit" PM sent me a link that wasn't on SI Live (it was on some Google-related site or something like that). And there's another member who can confirm that if they wish, because they were in on the PM as well.

And ooooh, I saved a couple of lines from the shoutbox. Ooooh, aaaahhh. Well, I had my suspicions and I wanted proof, and that proof came in the quote of a few lines from the shoutbox.

And you've always been good at pulling stuff out of your ass to try and cover stuff up. No, that definitely wasn't going on months before, and you know it. You can lie about it all you want, but I'm sure if you look into the forum records or whatever, it won't show me constantly checking your profile like you claim I did.

Like I said, I notice you like ignoring things you can't refute. So it's alright for you to jump into my conversations, but it's not OK for me to jump into yours? Like I said, this is an open forum. Anybody can go into any conversation they wish.

Yeah, I have a good memory. So what? I remember things a lot of people say. I guess I'm stalking them too, right? :rolleyes: Oh, but wait, they remember the things I've said too, so I guess they're stalking me back. :lol: (I'm not dropping names, but some members have a very good memory. Actually, a lot of people remember what people have said years back on other forums like RD, so maybe they're stalking each other. :rolleyes: ), And funny how you would always say "Oh, you said ____ about (whatever subject)" when that topic would've come up months ago, and it was a minor thing. Like I said, maybe you're projecting your feelings onto me, and you're the stalker.

LIKE A BOSS!!!!!!! DAMN VIA8 YOU SCARY !!!!

Dude I personally don't have a problem with you much but you just got SERVED!!!! 

You should stop now and leave it alone it's not that serious. This is a thread about crosstown bronx buses not your obsession with VG8 dude don't you have better things to do? I thought you were better than that. C'MON MAN SERIOUSLY?!

LMAO. Yeah, everything about me is "supposedly". It's not plainly obvious that I'm a teenage male. LOL. But since you want to talk about putting people's age and gender in question, how's 3068? You know, your alter ego as a 45 year-old female?

Well, let's think. You were the only one speaking about the X16, and really one of the few people whose comment made some sort of sense (You weren't shouting "No service cuts" or any of that). After the hearing, they put up an article about the meeting, and they had a slideshow or something that had the pictures attached. I wasn't actively looking for your specific picture (matter of fact, I was looking for my own to see if the reporter bothered to stay for the entire meeting, which they didn't). Then when you came on here, mentioned your name, and mentioned that you spoke about the X16, I said that the picture is out there, and you could look for it by typing your name.

And ooooh, I saved a couple of lines from the shoutbox. Ooooh, aaaahhh. Well, I had my suspicions and I wanted proof, and that proof came in the quote of a few lines from the shoutbox.

And you've always been good at pulling stuff out of your ass to try and cover stuff up. No, that definitely wasn't going on months before, and you know it. You can lie about it all you want, but I'm sure if you look into the forum records or whatever, it won't show me constantly checking your profile like you claim I did.

Like I said, I notice you like ignoring things you can't refute. So it's alright for you to jump into my conversations, but it's not OK for me to jump into yours? Like I said, this is an open forum. Anybody can go into any conversation they wish.

Yeah, I have a good memory. So what? I remember things a lot of people say. I guess I'm stalking them too, right? :rolleyes: Oh, but wait, they remember the things I've said too (I'm not dropping names, but some members have a very good memory), so I guess they're stalking me back. :lol: And funny how you would always say "Oh, you said ____ about (whatever subject)" when that topic would've come up months ago, and it was a minor thing. Like I said, maybe you're projecting your feelings onto me, and you're the stalker.

In your defense nice comeback. I think both of you need to chill. I think we all know how useless the X16 was. It wasn't even that much faster than the SI ferry to S98.

1) Dude I personally don't have a problem with you much but you just got SERVED!!!! 

You should stop now and leave it alone it's not that serious. This is a thread about crosstown bronx buses not your obsession with VG8 dude don't you have better things to do? I thought you were better than that. C'MON MAN SERIOUSLY?!

2) In your defense nice comeback. I think both of you need to chill. I think we all know how useless the X16 was. It wasn't even that much faster than the SI ferry to S98.

1) Big deal. He's good at pulling crap out of his ass. After all this time, you haven't figured that out?

2) This isn't about SI buses either, but the X16 was actually more efficient than average. As for the ferry, well, it takes out having to worry about the connection to the ferry.

LIKE A BOSS!!!!!!! DAMN VIA8 YOU SCARY !!!!

Dude I personally don't have a problem with you much but you just got SERVED!!!! 

And the 2013 awkward referee award goes to..... :mellow:

One internet for you good sir. :)

Great, I feel accomplished din life, lol.

VG8 Just take the local bus for once, don't worry the people don't bite......much  :rolleyes:

Take the Bx9 and transfer Bx12 in fordham plaza in fordham road. 

In his situation, the Bx21 would probably be best. And besides, the disscussion is way past that, so... a little late?

1) Big deal. He's good at pulling crap out of his ass. After all this time, you haven't figured that out?

2) This isn't about SI buses either, but the X16 was actually more efficient than average. As for the ferry, well, it takes out having to worry about the connection to the ferry.

But doesn't the gowanus traffic render X16 dead in the water? The connection with the ferry is timed with S98 the bus waits for you nowadays I can't see X16 coming back especially with bustime forget about connection worries. X30 was way faster as it came from midtown as is X14 blazing past real quick.

BTW anybody thinks that the Bx9 can use a LTD?

But doesn't the gowanus traffic render X16 dead in the water? The connection with the ferry is timed with S98 the bus waits for you nowadays I can't see X16 coming back especially with bustime forget about connection worries. X30 was way faster as it came from midtown as is X14 blazing past real quick.

The Bx9 garners the high amount of passengers due to the boarding all along the route. Many passengers would be adversely affected if the current service levels were split between a local and a limited.

Well, for starters, the Gowanus isn't always backed it. Of course, there are plenty of traffic jams, but it's not like every single day is a guaranteed traffic jam.

As for the connection from the ferry, yeah going back is usually timed (because there have been times when the ferry arrived late, and they just sent out the buses empty). If it's a couple of minutes late, they'll hold it, but if it's like 10 minutes late, they'll send everything out without passengers.

For the connection to the ferry, they don't really make an effort to time it (because you have so many bus routes and so many different headways to work with that you just can't). And not everybody uses BusTime (don't get into this crap about "smartphones are cheap yadda yadda yadda". There's a difference between what works in theory, and what works in the real world). But even then, that means you have to walk all the way to Post/Cary or Castleton (depending on where exactly you are) if your bus is late. (And you have to take the walk into account as well)

If everything works well, then yeah, the X16 won't save much time. But even then, you have to consider where you're making the transfer. It's not like in some neighborhoods where it's a 5-10 minute ride to the subway, and then you have your 30-40 minute ride to Manhattan. From St. George to the West Brighton area is about 20 minutes or so. Add in the stress of worrying about the connection, and you'll see why some people took the X16.

With the X16 & X18, they had more morning service than afternoon service. I don't feel like looking at the (paper) schedules, but I recall they ran every 15-20 minutes in the morning, and every 30 minutes in the afternoon (they used to run more frequently in the PM, but they cut it back). And the reasoning is simple. With the unpredictability, plus the crowds, plus people trying to catch some extra sleep on the X16, they took it in the morning, but took the ferry in the afternoon.

To all to Turbo's post, I think the commute has to be longer than 'one hour and three minutes' and be a big demand for that to happen.

I forget where it was mentioned, but the guidelines are something like this:

* Service runs every 5 minutes or less during weekdays (Exception for SI)

* Service runs every 6 minutes or less during weekends (I assume an exception for SI)

* Route is more than 4 miles long

* Concentration of boarding at certain stops

Somebody else can confirm this, but I think boarding is too spread out on the Bx9 to justify a limited. Of course, it has heavy ridership, but I think most stops are heavy, so you can't bypass them. I think it's a similar situation on the Bx22 (Fanned the Bx22 once, never rode the Bx9)

LMAO. Yeah, everything about me is "supposedly". It's not plainly obvious that I'm a teenage male. LOL. But since you want to talk about putting people's age and gender in question, how's 3068 doing? You know, your alter ego as a 45 year-old female?

As for not looking for it, that's actually true, whether you want to believe it or not. You called up the SI Advance and had it deleted from the site, so I obviously couldn't find it from the site, now could I? So one of the members who I told about the "piece of shit" PM sent me a link that wasn't on SI Live (it was on some Google-related site or something like that). And there's another member who can confirm that if they wish, because they were in on the PM as well.

Yeah, I have a good memory. So what? I remember things a lot of people say. I guess I'm stalking them too, right? :rolleyes: Oh, but wait, they remember the things I've said too, so I guess they're stalking me back. :lol: (I'm not dropping names, but some members have a very good memory. Actually, a lot of people remember what people have said years back on other forums like RD, so maybe they're stalking each other. :rolleyes: ), And funny how you would always say "Oh, you said ____ about (whatever subject)" when that topic would've come up months ago, and it was a minor thing. Like I said, maybe you're projecting your feelings onto me, and you're the stalker.

Right I'm the stalker but you're the one saving photos of me... I still don't quite get that either... It's all a coincidence that a teenager is saving photos of a grown man, for which you have no explanation for.  I know it's very normal and cute.

As for this nonsense about refuting things, if it is true or it isn't true why are you so interested either way?  That's the real question and that's where the obsession comes in.  This has been going on for months now with no end in sight about who I'm supposed to be (even Threxx admitted that you were going overkill with the accusations) and what I've said or didn't say.  There was the Shortline conspiracy and then the qj conspiracy. Last I checked giving my opinion on things was not a crime and certainly not indicative of me having photos saved of me or having conversations that I have with other members saved.  It's a forum and people can disagree with other people whether you like it or not.  I just wonder if this is what you do with every person that you disagree with or that you think is a racist or an elitist because of course anything that checkmate believes is so.

Archived