Crosstown Bronx routes

Via Garibaldi 8

I assume this is about the S53 and the hearing... What I stated at the hearing was that the S53 is an important route because it provides MANY connections, including the SIR, local buses and express buses, which is all true.  I believe there is a transcript somewhere with my exact comments so I have no reason to lie about what I said, esp. since I prepared a rough speech in advance.  My primary purpose was to speak out for express bus service first since that is what I use primarily. No one would stand up and go fighting for other services before speaking up for the services that they use first and foremost.

What I do find hilarious is the accusation that I'm using the S53 simply because of the areas that it runs through, but then on the other hand, I supposedly only support bus routes that run through certain neighborhoods.

Nope. Nice try. You said that exact phrase, and if you go to the MTA headquarters and ask for a copy of the transcript, you'll see that exact phrase on it. (July 27th, 2011 board meeting)

And you're using the S53 as an example of a route you want improvements for because it runs through poorer areas on the northern end. But you don't actually care about the people from those poorer areas. The main people you're concerned about are those who use it to transfer to/from express buses.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope. Nice try. You said that exact phrase, and if you go to the MTA headquarters and ask for a copy of the transcript, you'll see that exact phrase on it. (July 27th, 2011 board meeting)

And you're using the S53 as an example of a route you want improvements for because it runs through poorer areas on the northern end. But you don't actually care about the people from those poorer areas. The main people you're concerned about are those who use it to transfer to/from express buses.

to be honest why use S53 to an express bus why does he even advocate that reasoning he can just clamor for upgraded X14 instead or crowding onto the poor X1 which is already a victim of overcrowding. 

to be honest why use S53 to an express bus why does he even advocate that reasoning he can just clamor for upgraded X14 instead or crowding onto the poor X1 which is already a victim of overcrowding. 

Well, this is a thread about Bronx routes, but I'll answer anyway.

You can't use a route if it doesn't exist at the time you need it to. You don't realize how hard it is to "clamor" for upgraded service, because an S83 shouldn't cost much, especially on a per-person basis, whereas with the X14, ridership potential is less, and you're running buses all the way to Manhattan. Therefore, it's easier to advocate for an S83 than expanded X14 service.

The subways don't have to be crowded 24/7 for me to want to take the express bus..... I'm not arriving for work too early & for sure I'm not trying to arrive late, so miss me with all that taking the subway at a different time.... And how the hell are you seriously gonna compare the crowding on the BM's during the rush to the crowding of the subway (the (B) in particular) during the rush... Now you're just coming up with silly shit to make your point.....

Now it's looking like you have an issue with me even taking the express, since you're suggesting that I take the subway at a different time....

Either way, Get over it - I don't take the express bus to avoid certain types of people like you do.... You have nothing to suggest the contrary and you know it....

No, I just have a problem with you using "crowding" as the reason why you take the express bus when you and I know you just don't want to deal with the BS that comes along with the subway.  We've had this convo. before in case you forgot. 

You can ask all the rhetorical questions, hide behind smilies, & play dumb in repeated attempts to try to save face all you want.... As far as I'm concerned, you're wasting your time tryna fool somebody..... Where was all this defiance about joke cracking & you oh so knowing that Riverdale was officially part of the borough before this thread.... You're only saying all that now to make like you aren't "this elitist"......

My point is that I've been this way going back to my teenage years talking smack about neighborhoods and it just didn't start since I moved to Riverdale.  Whatever you want to call it, it didn't just start because I moved here.  

Yeah I'm sure you still stand by that B46 comment & will resort to conjuring up any comparison that makes your standing behind that comment easier.... Bringing up shortline's comment doesn't help your case because I don't agree with that comment either..... People shouldn't be forced to take cabs, but that doesn't mean you take bus service from other areas either.....

As far as you bashing other places, do so all you want - but at the same token, don't expect not to be called out when you bash other areas other people will defend (like you do with your defending of Riverdale)...... Don't expect not to be referred to as an elitist when you turn your nose up at people that live in areas you wish to bash..... It's not just the simple bashing with you; judging by your prior commentaries, you look down on people, to top it off.....

Like I said it's something I've done going back to my teenage years and something that many people do for that matter.  I really don't see the big deal.  I was just having a talk about the Bronx today with a co-worker of mine and we were joking about how an old co-worker of ours who lives in Morris Park would even make jokes about how people would scoff at him when he said he lived in the Bronx. LOL I'm not going to sit here and act like I've committed some moral sin.  Folks need to get over it and move in.  I mean I lived in Staten Island and people would say all types of sh*t about Staten Island being a dump and so on and so forth and in fact even did it here and I don't see any of them being called an elitist or anyone going on and on about it.  It's the same sh*t...

Who said anything about a "true" elitist (whatever that means).... Stop adding extras to it..... 

And again, why are you telling me about where & to who your time & money goes... What you do with any of that is your business... It has no bearing on me......

As far as that S53 comment Checkmate pointed out, well take that up with him if he took it out of context....

My exact words were "If that's true, I rest my case"... Never said it was true, Never said it was a lie.....

Also never said anything about you using the S53 because of the areas it runs through - there you go with the strawmanning again...

Out of the bus routes you wanted to point out that you defend, you chose the S53 in rebuttal to me because of the areas it runs through - to paint the picture that you aren't elitist & as you put it - "Maybe because I support transportation for EVERYONE including the ghetto folks that I supposedly loathe so much??"...

No, I chose the S53 because that's one of the routes that I've spent a lot of time pushing for service improvements for.  In any event there is nothing to take up with anybody.  The transcript states what I said and I know what I said so that's that.

No, I just have a problem with you using "crowding" as the reason why you take the express bus when you and I know you just don't want to deal with the BS that comes along with the subway.  We've had this convo. before in case you forgot. 

My point is that I've been this way going back to my teenage years talking smack about neighborhoods and it just didn't start since I moved to Riverdale.  Whatever you want to call it, it didn't just start because I moved here.  

Like I said it's something I've done going back to my teenage years and something that many people do for that matter.  I really don't see the big deal.  I was just having a talk about the Bronx today with a co-worker of mine and we were joking about how an old co-worker of ours who lives in Morris Park would even make jokes about how people would scoff at him when he said he lived in the Bronx. LOL I'm not going to sit here and act like I've committed some moral sin.  Folks need to get over it and move in.  I mean I lived in Staten Island and people would say all types of sh*t about Staten Island being a dump and so on and so forth and in fact even did it here and I don't see any of them being called an elitist or anyone going on and on about it.  It's the same sh*t...

No, I chose the S53 because that's one of the routes that I've spent a lot of time pushing for service improvements for.  In any event there is nothing to take up with anybody.  The transcript states what I said and I know what I said so that's that.

x14 could just simply use more trips.

well the B6  goes from Bensonhurst(west)to Canarsie and East NY(EAST)

b8 va hosp or bay ridge(west) to Brownsville(east)

fresh pond posted a LIGIT list of crosstown buses

Well of course they're both technically East and West but it's not a true crosstown IMO.  It does quite a bit of north south traveling.  Bensonhurst is not exactly West of East New York, but rather South West.

Well of course they're both technically East and West but it's not a true crosstown IMO.  It does quite a bit of north south traveling.  Bensonhurst is not exactly West of East New York, but rather South West.

true but they cross southern brooklyn so I consider them to be crosstowns

Bay Ridge isn't west of Manhattan Beach, but rather northwest. It still counts.

yes that is a valid point,the B1 crosses along 86th Street

Yeah I remember the last back & forth regarding this matter....

With this back & forth.... The fact of the matter is, your reason for taking the express & my reason for taking the express are not the same...

You keep trying to make like both our specific reasons are one in the same when they are not.....

You mention "BS that comes along with the subway", yeah, way to be general there....

- You taking express buses to avoid certain types of people is specific...

- Me taking express buses to avoid crowding on the subway is specific....

Both of those reasons fall under "BS that comes along with the subway".....

I don't care if you have a problem with my reason for taking the express; you putting crowding in quotes doesn't make it any less true.... 

No one stated that your elitism started because you moved to Riverdale... try again...

No it isn't the same shit because again, those people that call SI a dump don't make like they're better than Staten Islanders....

Of course you're not gonna act like you commited some moral sin, as you put it..... There's no reason to expect that an elitist himself would believe that being an elitist is wrong.... Aside from that, I don't have to consider your expectations when you dump on local bus riders on here the way you do either... But you're such this supporter of local buses/riders.....

Earlier on in this thread, you said "I think it's funny that you sit here and slam me when you yourself have started taking the express bus more".... You conveniently made this all about you simply taking the express, when my original commentary to begin with in this thread was your prior (and judging by your commentary in this thread, current) attitude about local buses..... Which you later profess to not giving a shit about Bronx's local buses, but yet you show such concern in wondering about bronx's lack of crosstown service.... The two stances together does not compute; you cannot (logically) play both sides of the fence when it's convenient for you to do so......

So this wasn't about you simply taking the express; shit I take the express.....

This was about your general attitude about local buses (and your boasting of using the express bus on top of it)....

....and stop with the act like you don't know checkmate exists.... You act like you're damn scared of him or something.

I didn't say shit about any transscript.

How do you all deal with and accept this racist, classist, and classless troglodyte?  He said that he doesn't avoid the riff raff even in Riverdale because minorities ride his bus.  How disgusting.  I've seen people nearly ripped to shreds on here for reporting the wrong roster transfers but this guy gets off pretty easy.  Props to Checkmate Champ for constantly fighting the good fight.  

I don't bother because there's no winning.  I wouldn't call him an elitist or whatever other word for that there is, even though he acts like it.  Whenever he goes off "Riverdale this, Riverdale that," all I hear is "the Bronx, the Bronx, the Bronx."  As far as I see it, he's a single adult male that lives in the Bronx that can't afford a car and relies on city buses that run every hour or half hour outside of rush hour.  In my book that makes him just about equal to the "riff raff" he tries to avoid.

LOL... Yes, and I still stand by that B46 comment, because listen if it's okay to cut service to the point to where there is either no overnight service or no service outside of rush hour on routes where people pay PAY THEIR FARE, then why should routes with rampant farebeating get service boosts? One B/O on here is fine with the overnight service cuts to the B31 which leaves riders STRANDED in Gerritsen Beach so that the B46 where many don't pay their fare can have better service overnight...

Look at the amount of people the B31 would pick up overnight...the B46 does that in one trip, if that. It doesn't make sense to run it overnight when there's almost no one on it

And it seems you forgot about the people who actually pay for the bus...that still outnumbers the people who ride the B31 in an entire night. Not everyone farebeats on the 46...

Look at the amount of people the B31 would pick up overnight...the B46 does that in one trip, if that. It doesn't make sense to run it overnight when there's almost no one on it

And it seems you forgot about the people who actually pay for the bus...that still outnumbers the people who ride the B31 in an entire night. Not everyone farebeats on the 46...

With that said however, I have to agree with Via's arguement that the B31 (as well as a handful of other routes) deserve a longer span of service. Now I don't really agree with his defense as to why, but that is really an independent issue.

I don't bother because there's no winning.  I wouldn't call him an elitist or whatever other word for that there is, even though he acts like it.  Whenever he goes off "Riverdale this, Riverdale that," all I hear is "the Bronx, the Bronx, the Bronx."  As far as I see it, he's a single adult male that lives in the Bronx that can't afford a car and relies on city buses that run every hour or half hour outside of rush hour.  In my book that makes him just about equal to the "riff raff" he tries to avoid.

LOL! Well I'm not shocked that you would feel that way... It's just as I said before.... You think you're better than anyone who doesn't live on the Upper East Side which is no longer the crème de la crème anyway... :lol:  Since you want to play the I'm a big shot role, if you were as big as you claim to be you would drive into work everyday instead of taking the city bus or the subway to work.  

I've always stated that I'm a middle class guy and I certainly don't have any shame in it either.  I know of quite a few well off folks that take city buses to work simply because of convenience and they have cars and park them in garages and all of that, but they also don't live in the city all of the time so it makes sense.  The only way that it would be practical for anyone to drive into the city every day is if they had a garage to park in otherwise it's a waste of money and time trying to find parking.  I'm not going to throw money away in a car that I would barely use anyway when A) the large majority of my trips are to the city and B) I have a very short walk to the express bus where I can relax and get a nap.  

I didn't forget about it.  My point is if the B46 can get a boost in service when more resources is going to that route due to the large amount of fare beaters on the line that don't pay then monies can go to other routes as well.  Fair is fair.

How do you all deal with and accept this racist, classist, and classless troglodyte?  He said that he doesn't avoid the riff raff even in Riverdale because minorities ride his bus.  How disgusting.  I've seen people nearly ripped to shreds on here for reporting the wrong roster transfers but this guy gets off pretty easy.  Props to Checkmate Champ for constantly fighting the good fight.  

Yeah, I know I'm sooo disgusting.  I get off easy because of trolls like you.... I'm sure you're someone else on here... Dj Hammers.... Any other troll names? lol

Yeah I remember the last back & forth regarding this matter....

With this back & forth.... The fact of the matter is, your reason for taking the express & my reason for taking the express are not the same...

You keep trying to make like both our specific reasons are one in the same when they are not.....

You mention "BS that comes along with the subway", yeah, way to be general there....

- You taking express buses to avoid certain types of people is specific...

- Me taking express buses to avoid crowding on the subway is specific....

Both of those reasons fall under "BS that comes along with the subway".....

Oh no, you're right they're not the same.  All I'm saying is you keep going on about crowding being the sole reason when in fact it isn't and I said BS because in short you mentioned that you didn't feel like dealing with the aggravation that comes with the subway.  Now I'm not going to say that you're this elitist or anything of the sort, but let's not sit here and pretend like you're not taking the express bus because you're just trying to avoid crowding now. Like I said before we had a conversation about this before and crowding wasn't the only reason you brought up.  I recall you specifically saying that you were getting too old to put up with the BS or something to that effect.  In short, you just want a peaceful commute and that's fine, but just be honest and stop trying to make it look like I have these great alternative motives because the reality is we both like a peaceful commute, and no I don't feel like dealing with BS.  In fact this morning there was a white couple behind me that was yacking incessantly and some of us got so irritated by it that eventually I lost it and turned around and asked them to shut up.

I don't care if you have a problem with my reason for taking the express; you putting crowding in quotes doesn't make it any less true.... 

No one stated that your elitism started because you moved to Riverdale... try again...

Great, because as I said before even when I was a teenager I cracked jokes about other communities so this is nothing new or anything to be going crazy over.  Plenty of people do it but it only seems to be a problem when I do it. Pfft... Please.

No it isn't the same shit because again, those people that call SI a dump don't make like they're better than Staten Islanders....

Oh really?? The instances in which that occurred in these threads, they certainly did pull that card.  I just think it's utter BS that you have double standards.  They were slamming Staten Islanders because they thought they were better because they're from Brooklyn.  

Of course you're not gonna act like you commited some moral sin, as you put it..... There's no reason to expect that an elitist himself would believe that being an elitist is wrong.... Aside from that, I don't have to consider your expectations when you dump on local bus riders on here the way you do either... But you're such this supporter of local buses/riders.....

Earlier on in this thread, you said "I think it's funny that you sit here and slam me when you yourself have started taking the express bus more".... You conveniently made this all about you simply taking the express, when my original commentary to begin with in this thread was your prior (and judging by your commentary in this thread, current) attitude about local buses..... Which you later profess to not giving a shit about Bronx's local buses, but yet you show such concern in wondering about bronx's lack of crosstown service.... The two stances together does not compute; you cannot (logically) play both sides of the fence when it's convenient for you to do so......

You're right... In the general overall scheme of things I care about my commute first before someone else's commute, just like I'm sure you care about your commute before someone else's commute.  However, as a commuter, I would still support improvements to transportation for everyone as I generally have in most cases.

So this wasn't about you simply taking the express; shit I take the express.....

This was about your general attitude about local buses (and your boasting of using the express bus on top of it)....

....and stop with the act like you don't know checkmate exists.... You act like you're damn scared of him or something.

I didn't say shit about any transscript.

There's no point in going back and forth with him and I've realized that.  He's obsessed with anyone that says anything about ghetto people (which by the way come in all shapes and colors) (or as he says "self-hating racists"), so now he's supposedly on this campaign to somehow embarrass me like I'm somehow living a false life or something.  The whole thing is comical. I guess I'm supposed to be ashamed because I'm a upper middle class guy (still middle class in the overall scheme of things), which is exactly what I am and have no problem with it... Anyone who knows me and talks with me knows that I'm a very down to earth person and in fact a large majority of my friends are minorities (Latinos, Asians and the like).  The difference is they're not deadbeats.  They work hard and are successful.  When I talk about ghetto people I'm talking about the lazy shiftless types that look for handouts and if anyone can't accept that well then too bad. 

Oh no, you're right they're not the same.  All I'm saying is you keep going on about crowding being the sole reason when in fact it isn't and I said BS because in short you mentioned that you didn't feel like dealing with the aggravation that comes with the subway.  Now I'm not going to say that you're this elitist or anything of the sort, but let's not sit here and pretend like you're not taking the express bus because you're just trying to avoid crowding now. Like I said before we had a conversation this before and crowding wasn't the only reason you brought up.  I recall you specifically saying that you were getting too old to put up with the BS or something to that effect.  In short you just want a peaceful commute and that's fine, but just be honest and stop trying to make it look like I have these great alternative motives because the reality is we both like a peaceful commute.

I know I'm right that they're not the same..... And you're still stuck on my reasoning for taking the express; I must be pretending, I must be displaying dishonesty otherwise - Get out of here with that..... Obviously I want a peaceful commute & less aggravation to go along with it - and having to sardine onto (B) trains everyday @ Church av in the morning doesn't constitute that shit....

Too old to put up with the BS, yeah I did say something to that effect - but somehow you want to come to the conclusion that I must have some other reason.... Again, if I'm so dishonest, disclose the reason I'm supposedly hiding then.... No, instead, you wanna keep on harping on my reason - Because you have nothing else.... Because you know when both our reasons are juxtaposed together, you come off looking much worse.... You wanna attempt to summarize our reasons as one because of that very thing.... That does nothing positive for me & you have everything to gain from doing that because you realize how fu**ed up a reason it is to take a certain mode of transportation to avoid certain types of human beings..... That is your own fault & you have nobody to blame but yourself....

Like I said in my last post, this wasn't about you simply taking the express anyway.... You made this about the both of us taking expresses, so here you go.... This whole entire segment of the discussion you brought onto yourself....

I don't have to "try" to make it look like anything with you about this whole thing... You shoot your own self in the foot with the shit you say on these forums... Stop dumping on local buses & its riders & just take your express.... No elitism, none of that garbage....

Great, because as I said before even when I was a teenager I cracked jokes about other communities so this is nothing new or anything to be going crazy over.  Plenty of people do it but it only seems to be a problem when I do it.

Because you're more of an ass about it on here.....

Oh really?? The instances in which that occurred in these threads, they certainly did pull that card.  I just think it's utter BS that you have double standards.  They were slamming Staten Islanders because they thought they were better because they're from Brooklyn.  

I think it's utter BS you cry double standard & hypocrisy whenever these back & forths arise b/w the two of us....

You can't attack me with logic so you resort to other methods.... Whatever, your prerogative.....

Double standards about what..... Nobody was slamming SI-ers & turning their noses up at them because they're Brooklynites.... I have never heard or read anyone state or make like that they're better than any SI-er because they're from Brooklyn... On or off this forum.....

You're right... In the general overall scheme of things I care about my commute first before someone else's commute, just like I'm sure you care about your commute before someone else's commute.  However, as a commuter, I would still support improvements to transportation for everyone as I generally have in most cases.

That's all well & good.... But to say you don't give a shit about Bronx's local buses doesn't give off that innocent a connotation, Via.....

That, and when you say blatantly make a statement stating one would have to be a fool to step onto a local bus if they can ride in more comfort - Why does it have to even be about being a fool.... See, you make disparaging comments about local buses/riders - You cannot expect people to ignore that shit, and have people believe that you support improvements for everyone in the process.... I won't claim hypocrisy, but it is at minimum, conflicting.....

I know I'm right that they're not the same..... And you're still stuck on my reasoning for taking the express; I must be pretending, I must be displaying dishonesty otherwise - Get out of here with that..... Obviously I want a peaceful commute & less aggravation to go along with it - and having to sardine onto (B) trains everyday @ Church av in the morning doesn't constitute that shit....

Too old to put up with the BS, yeah I did say something to that effect - but somehow you want to come to the conclusion that I must have some other reason.... Again, if I'm so dishonest, disclose the reason I'm supposedly hiding then.... No, instead, you wanna keep on harping on my reason - Because you have nothing else.... Because you know when both our reasons are juxtaposed together, you come off looking much worse.... You wanna attempt to summarize our reasons as one because of that very thing.... That does nothing positive for me & you have everything to gain from doing that because you realize how fu**ed up a reason it is to take a certain mode of transportation to avoid certain types of human beings..... That is your own fault & you have nobody to blame but yourself....

There is nothing f*cked up about not wanting to deal with people begging for money constantly and playing scam games... It's essentially the same BS that you don't feel like putting up with.  The only difference is I and am more outspoken about it, but I certainly don't regret what I say.  That doesn't make me some terrible person for wanting a relaxing commute or even for criticizing the conditions that exist on the subways or on some local buses in some cases and that I will NOT take back.  You can call it elitist or whatever suits you, but as far as I'm concerned, more should be done to get these types of individuals off of the local buses and subways.

Like I said in my last post, this wasn't about you simply taking the express anyway.... You made this about the both of us taking expresses, so here you go.... This whole entire segment of the discussion you brought onto yourself....

I don't have to "try" to make it look like anything with you about this whole thing... You shoot your own self in the foot with the shit you say on these forums... Stop dumping on local buses & its riders & just take your express.... No elitism, none of that garbage....

Because you're more of an ass about it on here.....

No I think it's just because I'm one of the few express bus riders on here.  You're a recent convert so you get a pass, but I noticed the same BS with Gorgor... He was automatically an elitist when he didn't go along with the program so to speak and went against the grain.  I'm not going to sit here and brown nose like that. I've never done that BS and I'm going to start doing it now either.

I think it's utter BS you cry double standard & hypocrisy whenever these back & forths arise b/w the two of us....

You can't attack me with logic so you resort to other methods.... Whatever, your prerogative.....

Double standards about what..... Nobody was slamming SI-ers & turning their noses up at them because they're Brooklynites.... I have never heard or read anyone state or make like that they're better than any SI-er because they're from Brooklyn... On or off this forum.....

Oh really?  Shall I pull out some of those old posts from this forum?? It sure as hell did happen and as a matter of fact, one of the people that did it admitted it and apologized, so yeah it did happen.  The only reason they apologized was because I pointed it out and NO ONE else said jack squat about it, so what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

That's all well & good.... But to say you don't give a shit about Bronx's local buses doesn't give off that innocent a connotation, Via.....

That, and when you say blatantly make a statement stating one would have to be a fool to step onto a local bus if they can ride in more comfort - Why does it have to even be about being a fool.... See, you make disparaging comments about local buses/riders - You cannot expect people to ignore that shit, and have people believe that you support improvements for everyone in the process.... I won't claim hypocrisy, but it is at minimum, conflicting.....

As far as I'm concerned, they would be a fool for enduring a much longer and stressful commute if they could use other options... If I had the option to take one bus versus 3 buses I would call myself a fool as well, not unless they actually enjoy running from bus to bus.  In other words only a fool would put themselves through that hell and I say that from experience, having to deal with the bus, ferry and subway for a while each and every day and that was a hell of a commute to go through.  Now if you call my comments "disparaging" for understanding the hell that some riders have to go through then so be it.  I'm just tired of people being so damn oversensitive to everything.  The one thing I can say is at least I don't try to mence my words and for the most part you don't either and I respect folks like yourself who tell like it is and don't tell lies or spew BS.

WOW... the hypocrisy in the post above mine is giving me a migrane...

First of all, how can you criticize someone else for using the express bus, when you have the most ridiculous reason for using it yourself? Riff raff? You are no better than the people you claim to be riff raff, so you know where to put that argument...

Second of all, your precious B31 has nowhere near as service as the B46, and you stereotype the ridership and make it seem like the majority of people farebeat on the B46, which total BS, so that’s the second flaw with this whole spiel…

Thirdly, this thread was about your attempt to reach someplace in the eastern Bronx, not your racist/elitist ways. Take this nonsensical stuff elsewhere. We don’t want to hear it anymore. Not from you, not from anyone.

End rant.

WOW... the hypocrisy in the post above mine is giving me a migrane...

First of all, how can you criticize someone else for using the express bus, when you have the most ridiculous reason for using it yourself? Riff raff? You are no better than the people you claim to be riff raff, so you know where to put that argument...

Second of all, your precious B31 has nowhere near as service as the B46, and you stereotype the ridership and make it seem like the majority of people farebeat on the B46, which total BS, so that’s the second flaw with this whole spiel…

lol... How dare me speak about the facts... If you're so confident about it then pull out the stats for how many farebeaters there are on the B46.  Hell the (MTA) can't even keep track, but even B/Os in here have talked about how many farebeaters there are on the B46 so spare me with the "hypocrisy" nonsense.  Why am I not shocked that you would defend a bunch of thieves stealing service to support your rhetoric about how the B46 is so service needy.  If you want to make that claim, don't do it with known knowledge of people stealing services to do so while other communities get shafted.  If the B31 had better service maybe it would have more riders... Just a thought....

Thirdly, this thread was about your attempt to reach someplace in the eastern Bronx, not your racist/elitist ways. Take this nonsensical stuff elsewhere. We don’t want to hear it anymore. Not from you, not from anyone.

End rant.

You damn straight it was until others decided to take it off course... Not my fault.  Quite frankly it will never end either because some people have a problem with my views so no matter what topic I bring up, I am sure that someone will pull the same BS that was pulled in this thread and then claim I'm going off topic or make some reference about how I'm trying to avoid riff raff.  Either way it is what it is.  

lol... How dare me speak about the facts... If you're so confident about it then pull out the stats for how many farebeaters there are on the B46.  Hell the (MTA) can't even keep track, but even B/Os in here have talked about how many farebeaters there are on the B46 so spare me with the "hypocrisy" nonsense.  Why am I not shocked that you would defend a bunch of thieves stealing service to support your rhetoric about how the B46 is so service needy.  If you want to make that claim, don't do it with known knowledge of people stealing services to do so while other communities get shafted.  If the B31 had better service maybe it would have more riders... Just a thought....

You damn straight it was until others decided to take it off course... Not my fault.  Quite frankly it will never end either because some people have a problem with my views so no matter what topic I bring up, I am sure that someone will pull the same BS that was pulled in this thread and then claim I'm going off topic or make some reference about how I'm trying to avoid riff raff.  Either way it is what it is.  

1. The B46 has over 16 million yearly riders. I doubt more than a few hundred thousand of those are farebeating, and even that's a stretch. It's common sense. The (MTA) barely keeps track of this stuff, so while I'd love to shove these obvious things in your face with the cold, hard facts, I can't. Any sane person would realize what you're saying isn't true...

2. But do you not see what the common factor is here? You. That should tell you something about the negative response to your behavior here.

There is nothing f*cked up about not wanting to deal with people begging for money constantly and playing scam games... It's essentially the same BS that you don't feel like putting up with.  The only difference is I and am more outspoken about it, but I certainly don't regret what I say.  That doesn't make me some terrible person for wanting a relaxing commute or even for criticizing the conditions that exist on the subways or on some local buses in some cases and that I will NOT take back.  You can call it elitist or whatever suits you, but as far as I'm concerned, more should be done to get these types of individuals off of the local buses and subways.

Is it really just about the scammers, beggars, and the like, is the question.....

No I think it's just because I'm one of the few express bus riders on here.  You're a recent convert so you get a pass, but I noticed the same BS with Gorgor... He was automatically an elitist when he didn't go along with the program so to speak and went against the grain.  I'm not going to sit here and brown nose like that. I've never done that BS and I'm going to start doing it now either.

It isn't that I got any pass because that had nothing to do with it.... See, I don't have that anti local bus/anti subway attitude like quite a bit of express riders do.... I mean, let's not forget the ferocity with which you first came on this board displaying your commentaries... What they say is true, you never get a second chance to make a first impression..... You don't have to regret any of it, but again as they say, what you give, you get back.... And let's face it, you can't be all that surprised with the reactions & replies you're getting back from people......

As far as brown nosing, no one's asking you to be a kiss ass; last thing we need on here....

You can still stand firm on a stance w/o being a total ass about it.

Oh really?  Shall I pull out some of those old posts from this forum?? It sure as hell did happen and as a matter of fact, one of the people that did it admitted it and apologized, so yeah it did happen.  The only reason they apologized was because I pointed it out and NO ONE else said jack squat about it, so what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Sure, knock yourself out.... Post as many links to posts as you want.... Even some off other forums & blogsites.. Post streaming videos if you want to.... Increase your results.

I wanna see these Brooklynites that are slamming staten islanders & turning their noses up at them.

As far as I'm concerned, they would be a fool for enduring a much longer and stressful commute if they could use other options... If I had the option to take one bus versus 3 buses I would call myself a fool as well, not unless they actually enjoy running from bus to bus.  In other words only a fool would put themselves through that hell and I say that from experience, having to deal with the bus, ferry and subway for a while each and every day and that was a hell of a commute to go through.  Now if you call my comments "disparaging" for understanding the hell that some riders have to go through then so be it.  I'm just tired of people being so damn oversensitive to everything.  The one thing I can say is at least I don't try to mence my words and for the most part you don't either and I respect folks like yourself who tell like it is and don't tell lies or spew BS.

Which begs the question(s)...  What about 1 local bus rider, is that person a fool too...

How about any one that resorts to want to using locals for any reason......

Remember, you profess to taking two express buses over taking locals......

As I see it, what you're deeming oversensitivity is similar to people (in general) in society that sit & bitch about censorship (especially on sites like youtube).... These are the same people that cry censorship when they can't get to say whatever it is they want, due to getting blocked or their comments deleted or whatever..... So it's not always oversensitivity when people question (or lash out at) you, me or anyone else..... Fact of the matter is people are gonna say & believe whatever it is they want..... Comes with the territory......

Archived