MTA Bus Operations: Repainted/Wrapped Buses

The TransitMan

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@MVH...it had a white face....with a straight blue line..and the black decal lined up with the windows? 3834

Yeah, they gave it a new nose and ass but the whole rest of the bus is still wearing the paint in came in.

6620, that bus just got a fresh overhaul and reapint in the new scheme, though weirdly kept the old seats. Op I had with it could barely control the thing, one of the fastest O7s I've ever been on.

Yeah, they gave it a new nose and ass but the whole rest of the bus is still wearing the paint in came in.

6620, that bus just got a fresh overhaul and reapint in the new scheme, though weirdly kept the old seats. Op I had with it could barely control the thing, one of the fastest O7s I've ever been on.

That's a funny thing, some of the D60HFs retained their old seats as well. And oddly enough, thats not the only Mannyville OG to retain those seats.

I just wonder when Quill will get around to getting their OGs painted up. Some of those units really need it.

Unless it was already noted, 3878 has fresh-ish paint, ad on the rear end.

Edited by Cait Sith

That's a funny thing, some of the D60HFs retained their old seats as well. And oddly enough, thats not the only Mannyville OG to retain those seats.

I just wonder when Quill will get around to getting their OGs painted up. Some of those units really need it.

Unless it was already noted, 3878 has fresh-ish paint, ad on the rear end.

Yeah, it's weird with Quill, they basically skipped over 6730 and 6737 in the repaint cycle (same with 6713 and obviously 6701 still with the blackback), left those in the old scheme with the black vinyl on the sides (but no blackback). I figure they'll leave them like that until it cycles back around.

Well, made a special trip into the city (for a BRIEF moment) and I saw #4818 on the Q56, which was the ONLY Xcelsior I saw at that time. Yes, I agree with "MHV 9218"...the bus was partly repainted.

Speaking of repaints, it looks like #9132 was brought BRAND NEW with the "MTA Bus" logo and was loaned to MTA NYC Transit as it was on the Q5 LIMITED this afternoon. I know, I know that bus came from MTA BUS after being with NYC Transit...but damn that bus looked good.