B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to all taking this test take your time because they will hire from this test sooner then you may think I took 2613 in jan 2013 and I'm already in the 10 day training. There is only 3600 people eligible for hire from my test classes go in every two weeks and they are up  to 180 on the list already. The higher you score the earlier you will get the call. I was one of the last person to leave the test room when i took it but i was in the first group that got hired from the exam.

Good luck to all taking this test take your time because they will hire from this test sooner then you may think I took 2613 in jan 2013 and I'm already in the 10 day training. There is only 3600 people eligible for hire from my test classes go in every two weeks and they are up  to 180 on the list already. The higher you score the earlier you will get the call. I was one of the last person to leave the test room when i took it but i was in the first group that got hired from the exam.

Yeah you are right...congrats making it to the 10 day... Now i got the butterflies efx. Taking 4600 next saturday

Just want to let everyone know that the passbook I have is pretty up to date compared to the one I got five years ago. It also has places of interest. I recommend it.

Mind I ask what phone you used to order the book? Also, how do you know it's up to date? Just curious...

In reference to the questions on the exam (landmarks, etc), do they ask things like which bridges connect which boroughs? Speed limits on certain bridges? What street a landmark is located on? It's so broad so trying to get a better idea. Also, will you be given a map? (hard copy or virtual).

I emailed about the Dec 7th class in Queens, so I plan on going there. I'm in Staten Island...which they had one here this weekend but oh well. Don't think they do.

Thanks in advance for any replies!! :)

In reference to the questions on the exam (landmarks, etc), do they ask things like which bridges connect which boroughs? Speed limits on certain bridges? What street a landmark is located on? It's so broad so trying to get a better idea. Also, will you be given a map? (hard copy or virtual).

I emailed about the Dec 7th class in Queens, so I plan on going there. I'm in Staten Island...which they had one here this weekend but oh well. Don't think they do.

Thanks in advance for any replies!! :)

Yes they ask questions like that.