B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

Hockey player I got some info today for driving school 5 lessons for 425 10 lessons for 825 15 lessons for 1200 then 200 to use bus for road test if u fail the road test u can rent the bus again for 200 I don't know if these prices are good or not but these are the prices I got on Staten Island today

Edited by busman718

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Busman! Was this AAAA Driving School? Anyway, damn that's a lot of money!!! lol Thought it was cheaper for some reason, but guessing it's fair since Duece said the one he knows is similar. Looks like it's only a $75 savings if you do 15 lessons instead of 5. Considering that, I will do it in 5 lesson increments and play it by ear.

Busman, do you happen to know how long the lessons are? Comes out to $75 for each individual lesson, so wondering is a lesson an hour, a half a day, etc.

$200 for the bus so definitely more of an incentive to pass the first time. At least we have time on our side for now.

Thanks again guys!

Hockey player I think it's an hr she said if u don't wanna do a package deal its 90 an hr yes it's aaaa driving school I'm going to try the 5 lesson one also they will book the road test for you but you have to go to the DMV before your test to pay the 40 dollar fee

I'm in local 79 right now I get my vacation the end of feb first week of march so sometime around then I also got some info for a class in march somewhere in queens that helps u prepare for the boss exam if ur intrested I got to check my email I think it's march 8

Edited by busman718

I'm in local 79 right now I get my vacation the end of feb first week of march so sometime around then I also got some info for a class in march somewhere in queens that helps u prepare for the boss exam if ur intrested I got to check my email I think it's march 8

If it's for the BOSS and it's not free don't go to it I assure you you do NOT need to study for the BOSS

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If it's for the BOSS and it's not free don't go to it I assure you you do NOT need to study for the BOSS Sent from my iPad using TapatalkThanks he's charging 40 for the class what's on it

Example "how would you friends describe you a) high strung b) mild mannered c) reclusive" etc or "you never lose your temper agree disagree" things along these lines there is no math science maps to read just be honest but not painfully so

Sent from my finger tips via tapatalk

Hey guys. There was a protest session for 4600 a few days ago to protest the questions you got wrong...Unfortunately I wasnt able to attend, it says I can protest through mail within 30 days, problem is I dont know where im suppose to do this..on the website or do I have to go the main office? Where can I find a copy of the exam to protest? Any guidenace would be appreciated thanks a ton guys. #goodluck4600

Hey guys. There was a protest session for 4600 a few days ago to protest the questions you got wrong...Unfortunately I wasnt able to attend, it says I can protest through mail within 30 days, problem is I dont know where im suppose to do this..on the website or do I have to go the main office? Where can I find a copy of the exam to protest? Any guidenace would be appreciated thanks a ton guys. #goodluck4600

I believe you have to go there with your answer record sheet. They were a specific date and time I believe. But try calling the HQ and see what they say. "Anyone wants jump in about this?"

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

DueceDrives, I took the exam on the Saturday PM session. I got 4 questions wrong. ..I wouldve liked to have done a bit better though. Ill make some calls and findout the info, will report back here. Any of you guys protested questions?

Edited by MTAhopeful1

If you still have the answer recorder the instructions and address are on the back

Sent from my finger tips via tapatalk

Just got a 3 point stop sign violation today. First ticket in many years but want to reduce the points or get rid of the points altogether. I'm looking at a website (link is below) that charges $48.95 and claims to reduce up to 4 points on your license. Anybody ever do a course like this and if so, how does it work with point reductions? Thanks in advance!

The website is: https://home.uceusa.com/Registration/StudentInfo.aspx?cid=69&host=newyorksafetycouncil_new&pid=813&language=en&g=2836dd35-719b-47f4-8e3a-a3d1c5ab1f03&ga=UA-269539-40

Just got a 3 point stop sign violation today. First ticket in many years but want to reduce the points or get rid of the points altogether. I'm looking at a website (link is below) that charges $48.95 and claims to reduce up to 4 points on your license. Anybody ever do a course like this and if so, how does it work with point reductions? Thanks in advance!

The website is: https://home.uceusa.com/Registration/StudentInfo.aspx?cid=69&host=newyorksafetycouncil_new&pid=813&language=en&g=2836dd35-719b-47f4-8e3a-a3d1c5ab1f03&ga=UA-269539-40

I have taken a course similar to this in person in an effort to not reduce the number of points on my license, but to help lower the insurance cost. As far as point reductions, they only take off points for prior incidents. So say for example you took the class on 1/13/2014 and you got points on 1/20/2014, then you would have to re-take the class.

More importantly, as far as HR of NYC Transit is concerned, the first time you go to 180 Livingston Street, they will pull up your NYS DMV abstract and examine it for any incidents within the past three years. Whether you take the online course or not, it will not erase the fact that you got a 3 point stop sign violation - the MTA will see it on your abstract for at least 3 years.

I know u don't have a Cdl license cuz if u did the cop wasn't writing u that ticket. They would give u a ticket with no points if they chose to write u one.

^ Yeah, was with my regular driver's license. Only got a CDL permit.

@Young, Yup. Just read up on it more and, as you said, it will still show. The point reduction is for people who are close to getting a license revoked, etc. for points build up. Anyway, this shouldn't be an issue. It's all I got on my license. Got no accidents or other tickets.

@Young, Yup. Just read up on it more and, as you said, it will still show. The point reduction is for people who are close to getting a license revoked, etc. for points build up. Anyway, this shouldn't be an issue. It's all I got on my license. Got no accidents or other tickets.

Good. My advice is to stay clean and make sure this is the only incident...