B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

When the testing was done under DCAS (Department of Citywide Administrative Services), this is correct. It was from DCAS at the time, but I notice a lot has changed with the process for TA. See what happens.

However, this was NOT the case for exam 2613. After taking the test in January of 2013, we took the BOSS in June 2013. Then the list came out on October 30th, 2013 and they called the first group of people a couple of weeks after that.

Has anyone on this form took the BOSS exam in November of 2013 for MaBSTOA? We should be getting a notice in March of this year.

When the testing was done under DCAS (Department of Citywide Administrative Services), this is correct. Yeah it was DCAS at the time I took it.

However, this was NOT the case for exam 2613. After taking the test in January of 2013, we took the BOSS in June 2013. Then the list came out on October 30th, 2013 and they called the first group of people a couple of weeks after that.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When the testing was done under DCAS (Department of Citywide Administrative Services), this is correct. It was from DCAS at the time, but I notice a lot has changed with the process for TA. See what happens.

However, this was NOT the case for exam 2613. After taking the test in January of 2013, we took the BOSS in June 2013. Then the list came out on October 30th, 2013 and they called the first group of people a couple of weeks after that.Has anyone on this form took the BOSS exam in November of 2013 for MaBSTOA? We should be getting a notice in March of this year.

When the testing was done under DCAS (Department of Citywide Administrative Services), this is correct. Yeah it was DCAS at the time I took it.

Yeah i took it for 3101

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah i took it for 3101Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I did also. Patiently and anxiously waiting on the results!!!!

Yeah but im not really to worried bout 3101 since my ranfom list for them in the 8ks. Plus i rather 4600 over 3101 due to the fact 4600 is TA which is the agency you rather be in.

Yeah but im not really to worried bout 3101 since my ranfom list for them in the 8ks. Plus i rather 4600 over 3101 due to the fact 4600 is TA which is the agency you rather be in.Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I found out, by a friend of mine, that they consolidated MaBSTOA and NYCTA. Same pay, same benefits.

Which ever (MTA) agency calls me first, I am not turning down. Give me a bus and I will be in my bliss!!! Lol.

Yeah but im not really to worried bout 3101 since my ranfom list for them in the 8ks. Plus i rather 4600 over 3101 due to the fact 4600 is TA which is the agency you rather be in.Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I found out, by a friend of mine, that they consolidated MaBSTOA and NYCTA. Same pay, same benefits.Which ever (MTA) agency calls me first, I am not turning down. Give me a bus and I will be in my bliss!!! Lol.

Yeah they same but two thing is different.

1. Your retirement penstion is different TA is covered by the city of ny.

2. You are consider a Civil Worker.

Guys I need opinions on my score for 4600...got 4 wrong with a score of 93.36...is this good enough to make the cut? Opinons would be greatly appreciated

Of course its in. The passing score is 70%. If everything goes well and you pass the Boss exam depending how many people make the final list, You will be call faster than someone whos in the 70-80. So higher score means lower list number. But everyone will be call if you pass its just depends how many actually pass. So just imagine 10,000 people makes the final list. It just mean 10,000 potential canidates. Some wont qualify because they wont have the proper license , criminal records, bad driving records, etc.

Guys I need opinions on my score for 4600...got 4 wrong with a score of 93.36...is this good enough to make the cut? Opinons would be greatly appreciated

If it makes you feel any better my score was 85% projected score im not estatic but i am in the race. Think of this if you pass all requirements you will be called b4 me. Unless there is a hiccup in your process then anyone that scored lower will move on with the process. So relax your good

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. But theres got to be a cutoff interms of how many people they will hire off the list. I dont think the person who scores a 70-80 will will have a shot because the city will just never get to that list number within 4 years. If 30,000 people took and passed the test there is no way the city will go thru all 30,000 applicants...

theres got to be a score/list number cutoff....with that said anyone know how many people applied for 4600?

Edited by MTAhopeful1

Thanks guys. But theres got to be a cutoff interms of how many people they will hire off the list. I dont think the person who scores a 70-80 will will have a shot because the city will just never get to that list number within 4 years. If 30,000 people took and passed the test there is no way the city will go thru all 30,000 applicants...

theres got to be a score/list number cutoff....with that said anyone know how many people applied for 4600?

Alot last exam 2613 maybe 50-60k people took the exam and 3603 only passed I believe. So this list might be a long one for four years

Alot last exam 2613 maybe 50-60k people took the exam and 3603 only passed I believe. So this list might be a long one for four years Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I disagree...for 2613, I heard about 36,000 people took the exam and only 3,621 people passed. And, as previously stated, not everyone makes it based on criminal record, they don't have the CDL permit, they fail medical, etc. In addition, from reading the 2613 thread (http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/34980-bus-operator-exam-2613-questions/) they are hiring about 200 people a month, so the list should be finished within a year and a half from when they first started calling, which was November of 2013. Once that happens, then they'll move on to 4600.

Edited by YoungNYCSubwayFan

Well, if you think about it, there were approximately 3,000 people for just one session. There were a total of 4 sessions in one school (12,000 people) and another 4 sessions in another school (another 12,000 people). Therefore, if I had to take a guess, I would say 24,000 people applied for the exam. Now, not everyone is going to pass the exam, nor the BOSS exam. Therefore, that 24,000 number can easily be reduced to 18,000 people (if 75% of the people pass both exams).

As far as going through all of these applicants, if NYC Transit goes through 200 people a month, that's 2,400 people a year. And if they decide to extend the list for 5 years (compared to the normal 4), they will go through 12,000 people. Unfortunately, with exam 2613, out of 36,000 people that took the exam, about 10% passed (3,621). Therefore, if NYC Transit goes through 200 people a month, this list will be finished in a year and a half from when they first started calling people (which was November of 2013). That's why the first post says: "Who would have thought another TA exam so soon."

Young NYC, didnt u take Exam2613? N didnt you go through the process n 10 day training? What happen

I did...I got put on medical hold, which took a couple of week to rectify...I go for final processing next week followed by training sometime in February.

Okay that is great, hope all goes well n congrates to you. Wish I took that exam cause yall got called less than a year that was quick

Thanks! Technically, they started calling in less than a year. However, for the next group that gets called, it will be a little over a year.

So that means for 4600 exam they should start calling people sometime in 2015?

Yes, depending on how fast they move with 4600.

A little over a year is still great better than three year wait.

YoungNYC, question, do you know how many suspension you are allowed n what type of suspensions will dq a person

YoungNYC, question, do you know how many suspension you are allowed n what type of suspensions will dq a person