B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what did you have to do to clear that?

They give a form that your doc has to fill out and submit copy of full blood work within 6 months that's all would have been good to go yesterday if I had that paper went for my quaterly monday

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Same with high blood pressure as well

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Hi everyone,

For those of you freaking out over not having enough employment pages for your 21-page package from hell...you can make copies, you don't need to go to Livingston Street for them.  If you know someone who has a copier, ask to borrow.

Just to clear up a point.  I called them and they told me.

Good luck everyone.

Or, some stores, like Raindew which is not far from me, has a copy machine and a fax machine for the public to use, and they charge 10 cents a page (plus tax) which is a bargain in the long run.

Unbelievable, they took my blood pressure and they said it was 150/90 my pressure was never that high ever. Something is wrong. The tech also had issues with taking my ekg. I don't know what's going on here. I took my medication for blood pressure. Even at my doctors office is less than 140. I'm so upset

Yes. Passed medical. On to class November 14th! Meet a few ladies down there very cool, hopefully be in the same class

sent from my note4

Congrats, however maybe it was because you were nervous? Also, have you tried adding cinnamon to your diet? If not, just Google "what cinnamon does to your blood pressure" (or something similar) and you'll see a lot of articles which will tell you that it's known to help lower it.

I have a question guys. How can I remove my name from the list and reinstate it a couple month later. I passed a drug test already. Thanks.

If I was you, I would ask the HR Dept (347-643-8229, 8230, 8231 or 8232) since you already took and passed a drug test...

Unbelievable, they took my blood pressure and they said it was 150/90 my pressure was never that high ever. Something is wrong. The tech also had issues with taking my ekg. I don't know what's going on here. I took my medication for blood pressure. Even at my doctors office is less than 140. I'm so upset

sent from my note4

hello, congrats, on appointment, just wanted to ask about the medical, you said you were waiting on last test, breathing, what kind of test was that, i havent read anything in blogs about that test, thanks inadvance

Hi,

I am list number 14XX. I never recieved a letter and it looks like people with a higher list number have. I try calling (347) 643-7221 number with no luck. Does anyone know of another number i can call to find out what is going on? 

Thanks

call mrs chestnut leave message 347 643 7213 also 7230 or 7231 last 2 are HR first one is mrs chestnut she is in charge of exam 4600. i read others had same problem and it was an oversite on MTA HR and they got immediate appointment

call mrs chestnut leave message 347 643 7213 also 7230 or 7231 last 2 are HR first one is mrs chestnut she is in charge of exam 4600. i read others had same problem and it was an oversite on MTA HR and they got immediate appointment

Sparrow 857 did u go in for medical already dis it take long to hear back from hem for medical?

I am going to try these numbers. Thanks for the information.

when i received my letter in mid october the packed included a second letter for a girl in south jersey, when i went to pre employment i gave them the extra letter, they were understanding and said that they would contact that person, leave list number with mrs chestnut, when i called her on another issue she got back to me within 2 hours, i was shocked, good luck

Sparrow 857 did u go in for medical already dis it take long to hear back from hem for medical?

i had to get CDL permit straighted out, so i just did the drug test on tuesday, one person on this blog went for drug screen on nov 3 and got medical call for nov 9 and passed and is in monday nov 14 class

Yes according to the rep taking my blood pressure readings the limit is 160 do I passed. And no the breathing was only for subway track employees exposed to all that pollution asbestos and track metal dust, testing for capacity I believe but not for bus operators.

I start monday

sent from my note4

Yes according to the rep taking my blood pressure readings the limit is 160 do I passed. And no the breathing was only for subway track employees exposed to all that pollution asbestos and track metal dust, testing for capacity I believe but not for bus operators.

I start monday

sent from my note4

thanks for quick reply, good luck and again congrats, i have a feeling you will pass on day six of training, keep us posted on up coming training, 

when i received my letter in mid october the packed included a second letter for a girl in south jersey, when i went to pre employment i gave them the extra letter, they were understanding and said that they would contact that person, leave list number with mrs chestnut, when i called her on another issue she got back to me within 2 hours, i was shocked, good luck

i had to get CDL permit straighted out, so i just did the drug test on tuesday, one person on this blog went for drug screen on nov 3 and got medical call for nov 9 and passed and is in monday nov 14 class

drodriguez08, do you have CDL or CDL permit?

Got my medical notice, I go 11/15...if I pass, does this mean I could be in the 11/28 class?

Suddenly, this is moving, I went for the drug test 11/7...BTW, list #177*

Does the letter tell u if theres a class 11-28? I believe it tells u which class ur been considered for .. does it tell u on there? Edited by bonilla1987