B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, MTA Groupie said:

Evening all went down to 180 on Friday and got put on hold due to a pending ticket back in 2014... so now I have to wait until that gets resolved before I can move on.... *sad face*

4 years ago ??... did you pay it ?

1 hour ago, MTA Groupie said:

Nope cause every time there was a court date the cop was on vacation. The most recent date back in April the cop didn’t show... so now I gotta wait till January for the next court date 

if 18 month pass and they don’t find you guilty you wouldn’t  get the point but you will have to pay the fine

1 hour ago, MTA Groupie said:

They said 3-90 days 

• 2 weeks later...

I have till the 17th if august to report for the pre employment , a guy which i spoke said that deadline is the 17th for those who took exam 4600 , so i need to get my paper work ready before 17th , what happens when you go on to the pre employment , what the procedure any one knows just curious 

23 minutes ago, leaniel3209 said:

I have till the 17th if august to report for the pre employment , a guy which i spoke said that deadline is the 17th for those who took exam 4600 , so i need to get my paper work ready before 17th , what happens when you go on to the pre employment , what the procedure any one knows just curious 

Everything is explained at the first few pages of this thread. You can also visit other exams threads for further details of others members experiences.

On 8/11/2018 at 9:33 PM, astogezz said:

The list is over ? I just reinstated my name will they call me or just go start on the next list 

This list doesn't expire until the year 2020. The way the poster worded it made it sound like the list would terminate on the date they are supposed to report. 

Hey I just got my pre employment packet . I got two tickets in jersey around 5 years ago should I list that on The paper . Also I have New York State license but since I got the ticket in Jersey do I need to get my jersey abstract the tickets won’t even be on there no more I don’t even remember when or why I even got them 

25 minutes ago, astogezz said:

Hey I just got my pre employment packet . I got two tickets in jersey around 5 years ago should I list that on The paper . Also I have New York State license but since I got the ticket in Jersey do I need to get my jersey abstract the tickets won’t even be on there no more I don’t even remember when or why I even got them 

As long as they are not pending , they usually disregard anything past 3 years but you should still list it regardless . You don’t want any surprises . 

Hey peoples went to livingston today did urine test and got brown packet , now need to wait , what does that brown packet consist off , there are some tricky questions like you dont need to disclose any convictions that are sealed but then again they ask if you  had any convictions , tricky

28 minutes ago, leaniel3209 said:

Hey peoples went to livingston today did urine test and got brown packet , now need to wait , what does that brown packet consist off , there are some tricky questions like you dont need to disclose any convictions that are sealed but then again they ask if you  had any convictions , tricky

If its sealed then you dont have to... you need to fill out that packet by time they call u back 

28 minutes ago, leaniel3209 said:

Ok kool  , so you get to choose depo ? If i get hited im thinking of choosing kingsbridge depo in bx , but im still waiting  for that email from  mta , so how you like the job 

one step at a time lol u going too fast but they have a list of certain depots that need ppl at the time u pick... but alot of stuff to do b4 then... 

The  night before i went downfor urine test  i took unisom to be able to sleep to wake up early and take that 2 hr drive from pa , now i dont know if that comes out positive on drug test , any here knows more less , i mean these they sell at walgreens and local pharmacy you dont need a prescription its an over the counter , any help or thoughts ?

On 8/14/2018 at 11:16 PM, GJb said:

one step at a time lol u going too fast... but a lot of stuff to do b4 then... 

And I emphasize a lot of stuff...picking depots should be the last thing on your mind. Offhand, are you familiar with the handouts that one of the instructors let his students borrow? It's a little outdated, but I'm sure between back then (2014) and today, they still use the same Orion VII buses for the initial 7-day training...

On 8/15/2018 at 8:32 PM, leaniel3209 said:

The  night before i went down for urine test  i took unisom to be able to sleep to wake up early and take that 2 hr drive from pa , now i dont know if that comes out positive on drug test , any here knows more less , i mean these they sell at walgreens and local pharmacy you dont need a prescription its an over the counter , any help or thoughts ?

Click here for a list of substances they test for. Now in my case, although I've tested negative each and every time, they may have found other things, such as caffeine or over-the-counter drugs, such as Tylenol, but that's acceptable.