B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone my listing number is 52## I  originally was told that they sent me a letter in the mail back in January .I found this out back at the end of July and had to get my listing number restored which I did, does anybody know after the September 3rd class when the next one is or think when I might be called again for pre-Employment also should I have my CDL permit before I get called.

13 minutes ago, DD32680 said:

Hi everyone my listing number is 52## I  originally was told that they sent me a letter in the mail back in January .I found this out back at the end of July and had to get my listing number restored which I did, does anybody know after the September 3rd class when the next one is or think when I might be called again for pre-Employment also should I have my CDL permit before I get called.

Yea you need your permit not sure when next class is tho but you def have to have that permit or they gonna make you leave and comeback

This article might be of interest to those who are about to undergo the intense 10-day training session. Note that in my Bus Operating experience, I can definitely relate to these "close calls" on more than one occasion.

My apologies for going off-topic, however I was thinking of you folks as soon as I saw the article.

1 hour ago, +Young+ said:

This article might be of interest to those who are about to undergo the intense 10-day training session. Note that in my Bus Operating experience, I can definitely relate to these "close calls" on more than one occasion.

My apologies for going off-topic, however I was thinking of you folks as soon as I saw the article.

We always try to be aware of our surroundings. I always try to keep my 4 feet distance but it's hard in the city. So I just slow it down when I can't "get fat"... And if I'm unsure I give a tap of the horn and if that doesn't work I stop until I can get my spacing to pass the vechile if unsure what the motorist may do. 

On 8/22/2018 at 5:26 PM, +Young+ said:

Click here. There are a lot of links, but I hope all of it is helpful in answering your questions.

The above post, which can be found here, should answer your question.

I usually call the evening of the first Sunday of every month when it's updated. I called earlier this month, and, according to their automated system, they are up to the 6700's. Personally, between you and me, I find this site more helpful than that automated system, which is normally updated once a month.

Congrats!! Make sure you don't forget about us!!

On 8/26/2018 at 5:45 PM, +Young+ said:

From my experience, I usually call the first Sunday of the month. However, as far as the system "hanging up" on you, it has happened to me too. I don't think it's being "updated" since I would call again Monday morning, and, for most of the lists that I'm on, the information would stay the same.

As far as what list number they are up to, between DCAS and this forum, click here.

(Long story short: According to DCAS, they're up to the 6700's, but according to this thread/topic, they're up to the 7100's.)

6 hours ago, leaniel3209 said:

Does anyone know what list number they upto on exam 4600

Hopefully the first two posts, which I quoted, will answer your question.

Also, as per the guidelines of the website, please stop bumping this thread/topic.

Thank you. You may not realize it now, however, a lot of people are going to look at this later on for future reference, just how people are looking at this thread and the 2613 thread for extremely helpful information. With you constantly bumping this thread/topic, not only is it annoying to everyone else, but it also makes it longer as well. Just look for yourself at the amount of pages this thread/topic is now, and will be once the list expires.

Edited by +Young+

3 hours ago, JG116 said:

Hey guys, im in training and am suppose to schedule an road test appointment. But on site to schedule it says to put in a certificate number? What is that ?

Transit is suppose to schedule the road test for you. Once you qualify they will start training you for the road test while you wait for your test date. They will let you know

A3 restriction is fine, you don't need it if you don't plan on working in SI. The N and P restrictions mean no passengers in your vehicle.

I'm not sure how the last two come into play being that you have your passenger endorsement. Or if this is the way that DMV are issuing permits until you pass the road test. Take it to pre-employment and see what they say. You're probably not the first person with this particular situation. 

NiSeveneleven yes that's just a way D.M.V does it until you pass your road test and let me just say I just went thru this whole process with the training I had only a cdl permit never drove a bus a day in my life did the training qualified in day seven mind you this is someone that never ever drove a bus went to eastchester to start training for my road test took about 2 weeks after I qualified on day seven and let me just say them guys will prepare you with the tools to pass this road test trust me it's up to you to pay attention and listen the two superintendents Frank and Larry are good trust me so I took my road test on September 5 and I passed the first try so I am driving nowout of Grand Ave depot just take everything they tell you and keep it when you taking your road test and you will be fine