B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

Hello guys so today I got put on hold for sleep apena which hurt me really bad I'm so disappointed I really need you guys help with any info that you can provide for me like a doctor someone that can help me speed this help a little would be great thank you

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No I don't have it I have to see if I do have it but I don't know where to go . The company that you used do you mind sharing because I'm having a hard time finding something

Click here. It is post #4951 (if the URL link breaks). Hope this helps...

Edited by +Young+

Thank you I seen that one called and no one is answering wanted to see if anyone had another doctor

You're welcome. Have you tried contacting your Primary Care Physician (PCP)? The list doesn't expire for another two [2] years and you can always reinstate yourself to the list...

Hey everyone. So I'm late to the forum cause I didn't think my

Number would reached. Well today I received my pre employment package and date for later this week

My list number is between 4000-4020 I have a few questions my first is what's the top base salery. I would be leaving a city job with fdny ems and would need to know if it's worth it. Second question is do we have to have our cdl permit for the pre employment day on the phone the guy said it would not be a problem not having it. And last question does the department put you through the cdl process similar to how sanitation does or are you on your own to get it thank you in advance

I went to 180 today and they sent me to medical they took a copy of my polysomnography report. I told the person at the front why I was there and he told me it doesn't hurt to see the doctor again maybe they will lift off Medical hold(which they didn't) I will be returning in September and if my MTA still has the list then I don't have to go to dcas to restore my name on the list. If I was going for Mabsota or bus company I wouldn't have to worry about possible going to dcas to restore my name on the list. Hopefully MTA still has the TA list in September when i return.

Hey everyone. So I'm late to the forum cause I didn't think my

Number would reached. Well today I received my pre employment package and date for later this week

My list number is between 4000-4020 I have a few questions my first is what's the top base salery. I would be leaving a city job with fdny ems and would need to know if it's worth it. Second question is do we have to have our cdl permit for the pre employment day on the phone the guy said it would not be a problem not having it. And last question does the department put you through the cdl process similar to how sanitation does or are you on your own to get it thank you in advance

Congrats! I know a few people that didn't have have there Cdl permit and kept them there thru the pre employment then when called to counter to check there paperwork they told them to come back when they had their permit. I know starting pay is 23.26 per hour top pay was 29 and change I'm not sure if it's a little more because the starting pay went up. If you have your permit and you will be sent for RT which you have 3 chances to pass(but not all on the same day, somebody correct me if I'm wrong)

Hello frankie126' starting pay is 23.36 per hour, it takes 5 years to reach max pay, somewhere around 33.00 per hour, plenty of overtime available, could goes as high as 120,000 per year with the overtime, once you pass your year probation you can get between 100 and 120 hours per pay period, that's 2 weeks. This doesn't mean you are actually driving the 1 hours, there's different kinds of bonus time and paid time no driving. Also you don't know what depot you will be at until day 12 of training, random draw based on your test score. Not all depots may be available. As for the CDL, yes, you should have the CDL permit the first day you go, they will issue you a highlighted paper and have you call them form a date to return once you have the CDL permit. The 10day training with CDL permit at Zerega will teach you how to operate a bus there way, you will have 3 chances to pass Zerega, this is not the nys CDL road test, once you pass zerega 10day they will schedule a road test that will be taken around the Zerega depot, if you listen in the 10 day class and do what they taught you in training then you should pass the road test. The way if works you could get 2 chances at nys CDL road test, you would have to qualify with Zerega on either day 7 or day 9. If you go to day 10 then you only get on chance for CDL road test. I had CDL permit, qualified day 7 and passed road test first time, you will need to practice calling out hazards as you drive, but, I will save that for a future reply, fell free to PM me or reply, I am 4 months on the job so most of my knowledge is fresh.

Hello frankie126' starting pay is 23.36 per hour, it takes 5 years to reach max pay, somewhere around 33.00 per hour, plenty of overtime available, could goes as high as 120,000 per year with the overtime, once you pass your year probation you can get between 100 and 120 hours per pay period, that's 2 weeks. This doesn't mean you are actually driving the 1 hours, there's different kinds of bonus time and paid time no driving. Also you don't know what depot you will be at until day 12 of training, random draw based on your test score. Not all depots may be available. As for the CDL, yes, you should have the CDL permit the first day you go, they will issue you a highlighted paper and have you call them form a date to return once you have the CDL permit. The 10day training with CDL permit at Zerega will teach you how to operate a bus there way, you will have 3 chances to pass Zerega, this is not the nys CDL road test, once you pass zerega 10day they will schedule a road test that will be taken around the Zerega depot, if you listen in the 10 day class and do what they taught you in training then you should pass the road test. The way if works you could get 2 chances at nys CDL road test, you would have to qualify with Zerega on either day 7 or day 9. If you go to day 10 then you only get on chance for CDL road test. I had CDL permit, qualified day 7 and passed road test first time, you will need to practice calling out hazards as you drive, but, I will save that for a future reply, fell free to PM me or reply, I am 4 months on the job so most of my knowledge is fresh.

Sorry $23.26 starting

They will...the list expires in January of 2020, so you're fine.

Thanks young I figured they would because I knew it expired in 2020, I'm sure they say that to cover there behind. I'm so ready for this. I ready to transport the public from point A to point B safely.

Will the office be open Monday for me to call and see what happened to my letter? Or are they closed till Wednesday?

They might be open, however, if I had to take an educated guess, your best bet would be to wait till Wednesday.

They will provide all that. Don't go wasting your money, just make sure they put the correct size when they do uniforms. This is what you need when you report to zerega first day. 4aa8c2da48f55ebc2c584571ec174c07.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Edited by dac9050

Hey guys I received my pre-employment papers and I have to go in on Thursday however the permit I have expired a while ago would that be a problem when processing my paper work? Please and Thanks

What's a while ago? I do recall there's a grace period that you can still renew within 6 months I think. I would say wedns go to DMV and try to get it. It will definitely help you.

What's a while ago? I do recall there's a grace period that you can still renew within 6 months I think. I would say wedns go to DMV and try to get it. It will definitely help you.

It expired last year but I was going to go in Tomorrow early to try and get the Permit renewed.

It expired last year but I was going to go in Tomorrow early to try and get the Permit renewed.

Unfortunately you may have to take general knowledge all over again and all the endorsements again. You should've changed your license to a CDL class C that meant I didn't have to take the General knowledge again when I was ready to get my permit/license.