R142A & R62A Car Swap

I haven't heard any complaints about the R62A (6) Train from the passengers, but the crew at Westchester Yard are not happy having the R62A over there. How you think cars 2141-2145 got swapped for 1746-1750. Either way, if a the train can take me to my destination, I'll be satisfied no matter if the eqquipment is old or new.

Wasn't that just so that both ends have a full width cab?

As for the UES, they can take something else if they don't want to ride something that ran for 2 decades 10 years ago.

Wasn't that just so that both ends have a full width cab?

As for the UES, they can take something else if they don't want to ride something that ran for 2 decades 10 years ago.

Remember all of Flushings R62As are getting converted to full width cab before going back to the (6) for westchesters crew to have more space so next time 2141-2145 come back to the (6) they will be full width cab.

Irrelevant its part of Your Tools you bring it. So what if a TO "dont like it". All that will do is get you written up when they do spot checks.. Which they do a lot down here.

Um excuse me? You know this How?  Im a Train Operator for 11 years(Open Competitive) how long have you been a TO?

I'm just repeating what I heard. So watch the tone.

Let me rephrase that......

Isn't because the crews on the (6) just got used to the NTTs?

Whenever the swap kicks in i'll be using the (5) or (4). I like having space to stand in and the R62A has a clear disadvantage over R142A there.

How's that? The two car classes have almost the exact same standee capacity.

Whenever the swap kicks in i'll be using the (5) or (4). I like having space to stand in and the R62A has a clear disadvantage over R142A there.

Just for comfort? Damn man the subway is not a luxury, its just there to get you to your destination. ALL TRAINS GET CROWDED very quickly no matter if the train is old like an R62A or a new tech like a R142/A.

I'm just repeating what I heard. So watch the tone.

Let me rephrase that......

Isn't because the crews on the (6) just got used to the NTTs?

They are all SMEE qualified so its a non point they will deal or pick off the line.

You didnt say "This is what i heard" regarding the TOs and how they operate the train. If you would have said that first ..

So i just asked a question so you can take that watch the tone stuff and keep it moving that way=======>

Feel me?

Man the nerve of some of you. I don't know why I put up with this board (I think I'm ready for another vacation from it....)

*ALL* RTO crews know how to work SMEE equipment. If anything, some of the older employees aren't qualified on the NTT's (yes, some of them are stubborn enough that they've gone out of their way to avoid getting qualified, and the ones I'm thinking of on the (7) are gonna have to make a run for the (1) or (3) next pick if they want to avoid it for another 6 months).

Man the nerve of some of you. I don't know why I put up with this board (I think I'm ready for another vacation from it....)

*ALL* RTO crews know how to work SMEE equipment. If anything, some of the older employees aren't qualified on the NTT's (yes, some of them are stubborn enough that they've gone out of their way to avoid getting qualified, and the ones I'm thinking of on the (7) are gonna have to make a run for the (1) or (3) next pick if they want to avoid it for another 6 months).

This site is getting to be a bunch of bullshit, Its all about fantasy shit now. No respect for the people who run these trains they jerk off too.

Some of these folks just make me laugh.... :lol:  :lol:

He must of heard how hard you were tapping on the keyboard all the ways from Staten Island

This site is getting to be a bunch of bullshit, Its all about fantasy shit now. No respect for the people who run these trains they jerk off too.

He must of heard how hard you were tapping on the keyboard all the ways from Staten Island

lol

Thank you and that's the point. If any T/O, especially senior T/O has a problem with operating SMEE equipment the pick always seem to have some options on it.

Other than that it's not really an issue. To make it one from the outside is really just water cooler talk.

Good for you...Cause R62As won't go anywhere for a long time and that is not true If anything they are almost the same except the R62As can handle the crowds abit better. It makes no sense taking the (4) or (5) just cause of the crowds every line gets crowded doesn't matter the equipment that their running weather its OTTs like the R62As or NTTs

So i'm being told that a car set with half cabs in each car (R62A) has the same capacity as one that only has a cab on the end cars (R142A). That just sounds silly.

Yes,It seems like you haven't been on an R62A during Rush hour on the (1) or on the (7) 

So i'm being told that a car set with half cabs in each car (R62A) has the same capacity as one that only has a cab on the end cars (R142A). That just sounds silly.

That's like saying an R32 having a half cab in each car is a disadvantage than an R46 that only have cabs on both operator/conductor position.  Any trains get crowded, no differences.

Ride the (4) and (5) for your own "personal" options as you wish to do once the (6) / (7) car swap is done.

Not precisely, but the difference is negligible - no more than a few people per car. The guideline capacity of both car classes is 110.

R62/A 'half' cabs takes up space for like 2 seats and maybe 2 standees. R142/a have wider doors which does limit to about the same size, but allows more room to move in and out of the car and space to stand. So it's maybe a difference of a handful of riders per car. 

To sum it up, the difference isn't as severe as people make it out to be. People are going to crush themselves into the car anyway.

R62/A 'half' cabs takes up space for like 2 seats and maybe 2 standees. R142/a have wider doors which does limit to about the same size, but allows more room to move in and out of the car and space to stand. So it's maybe a difference of a handful of riders per car. 

To sum it up, the difference isn't as severe as people make it out to be. People are going to crush themselves into the car anyway.

Plus the half cab offers a primo stand-and-lean spot, since nobody needs to get in and out of there. 

Archived