Fleet Swap Discussion Thread

INDman

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and just to let you guys know, I just got off an R32, Clean SMS'ed and fast as hell, so they ARE improving while the R46's and R142A's on the (6) are becoming very unreliable

Does this look like he know's what he's talking about? The R142A's on the (6) are still better than the 32's...

Seems like he knows what he's talking about to me. I see no B.S in his statement.

The thing is, he always acts like he knows what he's talking about, but he's only sometimes accurate. Remember, this is the guy who said that R160s were coming to the (B) line and the MTA wanted to retire the R68s. Maybe he's right this time, but that doesn't mean that I'm taking his word for it. Edited by TheSubwayStation

The thing is, he always acts like he knows what he's talking about, but he's only sometimes accurate. Remember, this is the guy who said that R160s were coming to the (B) line and the MTA wanted to retire the R68s.

Whatever its not that SERIOUS!

Edited by Dan05979

Okay :lol:. Just the combination of "the" and "seriouse" got me confused...

Oh boy I failed that one. Save Lives! Never be on the phone and type at the same time!

I won't be mad if you dont take my shit seriously now lol

Harry needs some spell check up in here.

Dan05979, do you think that the R46s will end up like the NYCS R44s? I'm very worried due to the bad news you told us. I love the subway and I'm hoping they are still getting SMS'ed. :(

I have no idea. I love the 46 also. Very easy to work in as far as my viewpoint. And large cabs to work in compared to the 68.

The 46's are getting tired, and there looking tired.

@ the subway station, when did i say the R68's were retiring, I said that that CI wants (or should i say planning) to put the R160's on the (B) because of the mileage, they don't want the R160's breaking down at a horrible rate yet, meaning they want to lay off running the R160's to the ground since they are the older models from 2005-08

and the reason why you see layed up R32's due to the fact that the dispacthers don't wanna deal with the sign changing and on top of that the crew complains about the R32's hence why the R46's looks like they need rest, last year they ran the R32's more than the 46's, but im starting to see that change, and on top of that the A/C issues THATS why they are layed up,

The R46's Should HAVE NEVER went to the (A) in the first place, the (A) should have gotten those Option Order II R160's (9803-9942) batch, they could have resolved that issue

Ive been studying trains since I was very small, so I have knowledge of whats going on with trains, the r46's are having big time issues on the (A) right now, every night i see one getting taken OOS or deadheading to pitkin yard to be shopped, the R44's may have been a peice of shit but they did a way better job than the R46's and hence dan is a MTA c/r so obviously hes stating the truth based on what i said

we are at a point where all subway cars are beginning to drop like flies due to that a**hole walder laying off people, if that didn't happen, the subway cars would have been much more reliable than now

You never said R68s were retiring; you said that the MTA wishes they could retire the R68s. That's what I meant.

yeah because of their damn weight and issues, but we know they aren't going anywhere, they aren't bad cars, the R68A's have brake issues, that was the TA's falt, not kawasaki's they modified the brakes and it made them horrible, the R68's on the other hand are good

yeah because of their damn weight and issues,

Why would that make the MTA want to retire them?

the R68A's have brake issues, that was the TA's falt, not kawasaki's they modified the brakes and it made them horrible, the R68's on the other hand are good

What sort of brake issues? Do you mean that the brakes need to be replaced too often, or that they take a long distance to stop? How did you learn about the brake problems?

Why would that make the MTA want to retire them?What sort of brake issues? Do you mean that the brakes need to be replaced too often, or that they take a long distance to stop? How did you learn about the brake problems?

Brakes release takes too long along with a delay on applying the brakes.