Fleet Swap Discussion Thread

INDman

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Either way if the (Z) rollsign has no info on the rollsign, if they put it on the (Z), it's only one trip then goes NIS. It's not an all day thing. All this for a damn rollsign...shit

Anyhow, regardless of what the route description roll on the 32s displays, as long as the north and south terminals are correct and route bullet is there on the third line, the MTA will run the trains on the line(s) they want to. All this crap about the 32s being unable to run on the Z because of a lack of a route description is simply that. Crap. I will direct you to about two or three years ago when one set of 32s ran on the B. The lower sign either displayed "6 Avenue/West End" or "Washington Hts/6 Avenue", both of which are technically incorrect. However, since the bullet still showed B and the north terminal was signed "145 St, Manhattan" or "Bedford Park Blvd" and the south was "Brighton Beach", no one really cared. Besides, outside of the Manhattan trunks, most riders don't even know the old line names anyway.

Exactly. Just because most R32 rolls have just (Z) without any route info on them, doesn't mean they can't ever run on the (Z). That (Z) is all you need to see to know that your train is a (Z) train. The R42, R62, R68 and retired R40 roll signs only show the route letter or number; nothing about what streets or lines the train runs on. Lack of route info has never been a problem with those trains. Setting the R32 rolls on (Z) without "Jamaica/Nassau St" next to it wouldn't be any different. I mean, it's not like the (Z) was rerouted to 6th Avenue and got a different line color.

STILL waiting for somebody to say what TA Workers said they was going someplace else besides ENY...

Agreed.

Fresh Pond, RTOMan never said that the R32s were going some place else. Re-read his posts in this entire thread as well as other transit workers' posts. <_<

Edited by RollOverMyHead

I'm guessing the white P, T, U, X and Y bullets are (or were) arranged the same way as the (Z) bullet on that roll sign. I once rode in an R32 car with its bottom rolls set on P with the P all the way to the left like that.

Wow; never seen or even heard about that one!

The only thing That gets me if this train was to go to 207th they would have sent it to 207th the same night, so its obvious it won't go to 207th, Mostlikely it would go to CI to get SMS'ed or stay there and sit until they decide what to do with it

Agreed.

Fresh Pond, RTOMan never said that the R32s were going some place else. Re-read his posts in this entire thread as well as other transit workers' posts. <_<

Where did I say that he said they were going someplace else?

Maybe its you that needs to re-read posts

LOL. I think it should stay at ENY to replace a mate of the R42 in case it breaks down

that could be the case but the train needs work, and on top of that the (J) needs service, and 2 R42's are already on the (A) until september after Labor day when the (C) gets the R32's back

just to bring back this thread: you guys have less than a month to enjoy the SMEE's on the (A), once after labor day all the R32's will return to the (C) and the 3 extra Jamaica R46's will return to Jamaica and the R42's will return to ENY, its Obvious that the (C) will get its equipment back once after labor day like last year, because when school starts Jamaica is gonna need its equipment back

Maybe its you that needs to re-read posts

Okay I was wrong on that one, but you said a Train Worker here said that those R32s were going someplace else besides ENY. So you need to re-read the post and fine prove. :P

Anyways, back to topic...

So your statement was not just saying a TA Worker said they was going to ENY then?

Just cuz a TA worker told you where its gonna go doesn't necessarily mean it's gonna happen.

^^^^Your Words^^^^The Set went to ENY to get cleaned So about that reading posts thing.. As you were...

just to bring back this thread: you guys have less than a month to enjoy the SMEE's on the (A), once after labor day all the R32's will return to the (C) and the 3 extra Jamaica R46's will return to Jamaica and the R42's will return to ENY, its Obvious that the (C) will get its equipment back once after labor day like last year, because when school starts Jamaica is gonna need its equipment back

Yesterday I saw a 42 signed as (A) heading through Essex St. back towards ENY. It's like they can't want to take those cars back.