Duct tape guy on the 7 train

alekr

I ride the (7) daily to my college. I always take the front car (motorman car) due to easy exiting at the station. Anyways when I ride the (7) this guy comes in with his bulky luggage and duct tape.

The first encounter I saw this guy when I was sitting next to the wall of the subway car door (you know the seat right next to the door to the next car) At 111th street he came in and told me to move. I asked why? The subway car was not even packed only a handful of people. He tapped on the sign "would you please give this seat to the elderly or the disabled" and said "I'm disabled. Move to other seats" I do have a disability: I'm deaf. He looked fine but I didn't want to inquire him too much and wanted to see what the heck he was doing. He proceeded to cover up the vent gate with duct tape, took the exit door and held that with duct tape. I sat further watching him and people told me "He is crazy!" and I said "something up". He had a luggage duct tape covering on it. Then he proceeded to sleep in a jacket which is made of duct tape. The jacket looked like those hazmat crew outfit. I thought this was a weird thing and hopefully this was one time thing.

Few months later..... I saw him again! At Flushing Main Street he was already in the train. I sat the bench right across of him. As the train rolled along the route I was on the phone minding my own businesses. Then I looked up and saw him looking at me. He reeked and told me "Move. I want open the window" then he opened the window. I was confused why he wanted to keep the exit door open but wanted the window to be opened and the vent gate was covered. To make things weirder he was barefoot took off his shoes during the ride.

This was the most weirdest person I ever met. I can see his "property marks" when he forgot to remove the duct tape from the door handle and the wall. The tape was cut off but he was lazy to remove the entire tape length.

Has anybody noticed this guy before systemwide?

I ride the (7) daily to my college. I always take the front car (motorman car) due to easy exiting at the station. Anyways when I ride the (7) this guy comes in with his bulky luggage and duct tape.

The first encounter I saw this guy when I was sitting next to the wall of the subway car door (you know the seat right next to the door to the next car) At 111th street he came in and told me to move. I asked why? The subway car was not even packed only a handful of people. He tapped on the sign "would you please give this seat to the elderly or the disabled" and said "I'm disabled. Move to other seats" I do have a disability: I'm deaf. He looked fine but I didn't want to inquire him too much and wanted to see what the heck he was doing. He proceeded to cover up the vent gate with duct tape, took the exit door and held that with duct tape. I sat further watching him and people told me "He is crazy!" and I said "something up". He had a luggage duct tape covering on it. Then he proceeded to sleep in a jacket which is made of duct tape. The jacket looked like those hazmat crew outfit. I thought this was a weird thing and hopefully this was one time thing.

Few months later..... I saw him again! At Flushing Main Street he was already in the train. I sat the bench right across of him. As the train rolled along the route I was on the phone minding my own businesses. Then I looked up and saw him looking at me. He reeked and told me "Move. I want open the window" then he opened the window. I was confused why he wanted to keep the exit door open but wanted the window to be opened and the vent gate was covered. To make things weirder he was barefoot took off his shoes during the ride.

This was the most weirdest person I ever met. I can see his "property marks" when he forgot to remove the duct tape from the door handle and the wall. The tape was cut off but he was lazy to remove the entire tape length.

thats funny

You know that question job interviewers ask you, where do you see yourself in the next 5 years.....

I don't directly hire anyone (a peer handle those duties for me), but I swear I would give someone a job right now If they answered- "...The hell out of this city!"

Too bad he doesn't wrap duct tape around his two facial orifices & keep it there for good.....

What time was this? I always get on 1st car in both direction.

Unless if I don't make 5 cent copy at Flushing, I get on C/O car.

What time was this? I always get on 1st car in both direction.

Unless if I don't make 5 cent copy at Flushing, I get on C/O car.

Usually sometimes I would see him at 1pm at Flushing.

Little off topic, I had similar experience on front car of Rockaway Park (A) due to FR G.O. on enroute to Far Rockaway to check on NICE Bus.

I remember there was Homeless-look like person or crazy person was talking excellent point that Rockaways need more ferry service and train service who was sitting in front of me.

At that time, C/O made wrong announcement for shuttle bus which s/he indicate Broad Channel for Far Rockaway bus. After that mistake, s/he corrected to B90 St.

I rode R62A 2146 yesterday... It was the first car of a manhattan bound train. I looked up at the corner near the tiny window.... And there it was. Duct tape on the air vent.... lol

Don't you mean Queensboro Plaza-bound since due to G.O?

Archived