Converted bus route could help struggling commuters in Rosedale

GojiMet86

The signs for the Q114 LTD are going up. At least southbound. The only problem is that it's going up at every stop. This will definitely bring confusion to the customers.......

This is why those lollipop signs should have been up already. If the Q111 went to Far Rockaway, what would be the fate of those short turns?

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is why those lollipop signs should have been up already. If the Q111 went to Far Rockaway, what would be the fate of those short turns?

You could still have the short-turns at Farmers... Run the Q111 on the current Q113 Local headways. Q114 LTD would pick up the current Q111 Rosedale headways, Q113 LTD stays as is. Maybe need some tweeks because of the Q114 running LTD in the Q111 Local's space, but nothing major that I could see.

At most shift some would-be Q114LTDs to Q111 Farmers Only (Rush Hours) as you wouldn't need as many buses on the Q114 to maintain current headways, since its a faster service from end to end than the Q111 was and the bulk of Q111 ridership would be between JC and Farmers during Rush Hour.  

I am a Q113 LTD rider for a long time and Im going to asume that once the Q114 LTD(former Q113 LCL) be in service at the end of August, this will confuse riders, thinking that the Q114 LTD goes to same route as the Q113 LTD does. People who are waiting at the Q111 bus stop will run and catch the Q114 LTD instead since the Q114 LTD make limited stops on Guy R. Brewer before turning on 147th ave and make 2 or 3 stops(I think) and riders will then transfer to Q111 or choose to walk to their house. Am I right? The only thing that is confusing is that the Q114 LTD during the day will make limited stops heading south on Guy Brewer and will turn on 147th ave and still make limited stops there and during late nights, the Q114 LTD will run LCL on Guy Brewer and instead of turning on 147av blvd, it will make a stop at where the last stop for Q113 LTD before going on Rockaway Blvd. So if thats the case, the Q114 LTD will go on Rockaway Blvd at night and during the day on 147 ave. I hope I am not comfusing you.

I am a Q113 LTD rider for a long time and Im going to asume that once the Q114 LTD(former Q113 LCL) be in service at the end of August, this will confuse riders, thinking that the Q114 LTD goes to same route as the Q113 LTD does. People who are waiting at the Q111 bus stop will run and catch the Q114 LTD instead since the Q114 LTD make limited stops on Guy R. Brewer before turning on 147th ave and make 2 or 3 stops(I think) and riders will then transfer to Q111 or choose to walk to their house. Am I right? The only thing that is confusing is that the Q114 LTD during the day will make limited stops heading south on Guy Brewer and will turn on 147th ave and still make limited stops there and during late nights, the Q114 LTD will run LCL on Guy Brewer and instead of turning on 147av blvd, it will make a stop at where the last stop for Q113 LTD before going on Rockaway Blvd. So if thats the case, the Q114 LTD will go on Rockaway Blvd at night and during the day on 147 ave. I hope I am not comfusing you.

No. The Q114 will be limited during the day and local at night. It will follow the soon to be former Q113 local's path. The 114 will be local south of 147. It will make 2 stops on 147, Brewer and Springfield. Some have said that the 111 should go to Far Rockaway and the 114 should go to Rosedale since it's supposed to cater to them.

The Q111/Q113/Q114 smh. How many damn routes do you need on one line? They screw MTA bus all the time. Why not just increase Q113 service and have the Q111 reduced just a little? No things gotta be more broken down just like Woodhaven Blvd and that's why the Q21 is getting eliminated like it was suppose to back 2007.

The Q111/Q113/Q114 smh. How many damn routes do you need on one line? They screw MTA bus all the time. Why not just increase Q113 service and have the Q111 reduced just a little? No things gotta be more broken down just like Woodhaven Blvd and that's why the Q21 is getting eliminated like it was suppose to back 2007.

The Q21 is not getting eliminated anytime soon whether you like it or not. I'd like to here from an official source about that if it happens. But until the meantime, it's just another rumor.

Do you see the numbers for that route? It was doing ok when they first extended it but when the Q52 was introduced that killed its growth. I meant to say back in 2005 because there was someone who posted the DOT ridership and planning before the routes where taken over and it mentioned the elimination of the Q21, Artics on the Q9 and the merging of the Q34 and the Q14.

The signs for the Q114 LTD are going up. At least southbound. The only problem is that it's going up at every stop. This will definitely bring confusion to the customers.......

Upon further review, at local stops along Brewer, under you the Q114 LTD sign, it does say late night only.

That's why them lollipop signs should be put up because they old signs fade easily. So the Q111 will serve all stops. The Q113 will be a LTD only like the Q52. And then the Q114 will be a limited as well but local in Far Rockaway serving all stops on Brewer I'm assuming after 8PM.

That's why them lollipop signs should be put up because they old signs fade easily. So the Q111 will serve all stops. The Q113 will be a LTD only like the Q52. And then the Q114 will be a limited as well but local in Far Rockaway serving all stops on Brewer I'm assuming after 8PM.

After 9 actually

Now here where the confusion steps in. At the Q113LTD stop at 147th Ave and Brewer Blvd Far Rock bound, the Q114 LTD sign is up. There is Q111/114 sign at Brewer and 147 as well. Also along Beach Channel Drive, both Q113 LTD and Q114 LTD signs are up going towards Far Rockaway.

Now here where the confusion steps in. At the Q113LTD stop at 147th Ave and Brewer Blvd Far Rock bound, the Q114 LTD sign is up. There is Q111/114 sign at Brewer and 147 as well. Also along Beach Channel Drive, both Q113 LTD and Q114 LTD signs are up going towards Far Rockaway.

It's supposed to be the 114 along Beach Channel...

Well since I use the Q113 LTD to go to Jamaica av and whenever the Q114 LTD(Former Q113 Local) begin service, I will try the Q114 LTD both ways to see how it goes but I don't nornally take it. I will time myself to see who is the fastest. Yes I know the Q113 LTD will beat the Q114 LTD heading to Far Rockaway since the Q114 LTD make local stops once it get to Inwood and Far Rockaway.

Hopefully everything goes well for the Q114 LTD once it goes into service. The MTA needs to put up info posters on the Q113 local about the new Q114 LTD and time schedule so that riders can understand which stops it make and which doesn't.

Planned Service Changes

Q113 Local
Q114 LTD
Effective Sunday, August 31, 2014

Increased Limited-Stop service along
Guy R. Brewer Blvd/147 Av

To increase limited-stop service along Guy R. Brewer Blvd and 147 Av and provide faster, more reliable service for customers traveling longer distances, the Q114 Limited will replace Q113 local service.

The Q114 Limited will operate between Jamaica and Far Rockaway, making limited stops between Jamaica and Springfield Gardens. Then it will make all current Q113 local stops along Brookville Blvd and through Woodmere, Cedarhurst, Inwood, Lawrence and Far Rockaway.

Overnight, the Q114 will make all local stops on its entire route.

There will be no changes to the Q111 or Q113 Limited routes, bus stops, or service.

For more information pick up a brochure near the bus operator or visit mta.info.
Link-------http://web.mta.info/nyct/service/servChanges_Q113_Q114.htm

I only see the lollipop signs in Jamaica. In fact the Q114 LTD sign is up at the Parsons Archer stop heading towards Hillside. I hope that the Q111 is on point when the service change goes into effect.......

Today I saw a poster regarding the change...

Im on the Q111 right now looking at poster. Meanwhile two Q113LTD passed by. SMH.....

Im on the Q111 right now looking at poster. Meanwhile two Q113LTD passed by. SMH.....

.....but the driver is a cutie....:-)

mta_info.gif                     Effective  Sunday, August 31, 2014
Q113 Local/Q114 LTD
New service to speed your trip!
  • Increased Limited-Stop Service on Guy R. Brewer Blvd and on 147 Av
  • Faster Service for Far Rockaway, Woodmere, Cedarhurst, Lawrence, and Inwood Customers

No changes to Q111 or Q113 LTD service.

To increase limited-stop service along Guy R. Brewer Blvd and 147 av and provide faster, more reliable

service for customers traveling longer distances, the Q114 Limited wil replace Q113 local service and

will operate limited-stop service between Jamaica and Springfield Gardens.

There will be no changes to the Q111 or Q113 Limited routes, bus stops, or service. However, there will

be minor changes to Q111 and Q113 Limited departure times.

The Q114 Limited will operate between Jamaica and Springfield Gardens and all current Q113 local

stops along Brookville Blvd and through Woodmere, Cedarhurst, Inwood, Lawrence and Far Rockaway.

The Q114 wil operate 24 hours a day/7 days a week, like the current Q113 local. During overnight

periods, the Q114 will make all local stops along Guy R. Brewer Blvd and 147 Av.

This improved service will result in speedier trips for short and long-distance customers. Customers

along Guy R. Brewer Blvd and 147 Av will benefit from increased limited-stop service. Customers

traveling longer distances along Brookville Blvd and in Woodmere, Cedarhurst, Inwood, Lawrence

and Far Rockaway will benefit from faster service between Springfield Gardens and Jamaica.

Travel Guide

Local stops on Guy R. Brewer Boulvevard will continue to be frequent Q111 local services. The

Q113 LTD will continue to operate limited-stop between Jamaica and Far Rockaway via the

Nassau Expressway.

Transfers can be made between the Q111 and Q113 LTD/Q114 LTD traveling in the same

direction.

Archived