Buses must leave Port Authority if no space available

46Dover

Lord that looks awful. And how does the "caution bus is turning" announcement not drive you nuts??

lol.... Well that's what he's paid for... I come armed with my earbuds and switched to a 10GB package for my data plan so I can always listen to music online when there is some annoying announcement or nut job on the bus.  Sunday on the BxM2 we had some nut that takes the bus yelling out loud to himself.  Everyone was asking me if I could hear him and I said nope, my music is on and these are sound canceling earbuds so all I hear is the music and no one can hear what I'm playing either so I can turn it up and not disturb anyone and vice versa.

Who wants to fight with this. Dont mind my friend.

A head on is going to happen, and thats what its going to take for them to finally do something.

I experienced that just a while ago....driver let me off at 10th Avenue. That shit was unbearable smh.

lol.... Well that's what he's paid for... I come armed with my earbuds and switched to a 10GB package for my data plan so I can always listen to music online when there is some annoying announcement or nut job on the bus.  Sunday on the BxM2 we had some nut that takes the bus yelling out loud to himself.  Everyone was asking me if I could hear him and I said nope, my music is on and these are sound canceling earbuds so all I hear is the music and no one can hear what I'm playing either so I can turn it up and not disturb anyone and vice versa.

LOL

Who wants to fight with this. Dont mind my friend.

A head on is going to happen, and thats what its going to take for them to finally do something.

LOL, and that video shows a VERY good day on the ramp!  He's lucky - out of Galvin, thru the intersection, up the ramp.  Some days the ramp is backed up all the way to the street and it takes a good 40 minutes from the bottom of the ramp into the building.  That's after sitting on 10th or 12th for an hour.  

lol.... Well that's what he's paid for... I come armed with my earbuds and switched to a 10GB package for my data plan so I can always listen to music online when there is some annoying announcement or nut job on the bus. Sunday on the BxM2 we had some nut that takes the bus yelling out loud to himself. Everyone was asking me if I could hear him and I said nope, my music is on and these are sound canceling earbuds so all I hear is the music and no one can hear what I'm playing either so I can turn it up and not disturb anyone and vice versa.

At Lakeland, we're not allowed to have earbuds :(, but at the same time, our Jersey MCIs weren't equipped with the bells and whistles, so it works out

At Lakeland, we're not allowed to have earbuds :(, but at the same time, our Jersey MCIs weren't equipped with the bells and whistles, so it works out

lol... I would hope not... Should be for the passengers only.  Those automated announcements are so unnecessary though.  On some of the BM newer express buses they would play those automated announcements SO friggin' loud... <_< Would scare the crap out of me when I was napping.  I think people started making a stink because I don't hear them anymore.

lol... I would hope not... Should be for the passengers only.  Those automated announcements are so unnecessary though.  On some of the BM newer express buses they would play those automated announcements SO friggin' loud... <_< Would scare the crap out of me when I was napping.  I think people started making a stink because I don't hear them anymore.

MTA doesn't have them at every stop or the turn warning... yet (it's all coming though). Don't like the ones now, wait for them lol

Traffic Been like that for years...

Yeah I know, but I think it's time the commuters saw what the real issue is. It's not NJ Transit's fault there's 600 buses and 400 gates at Port Authority. In a way, it's the Port Authority's fault. They should've built an extension to the PABT years ago. So if anything, the commuters' gripes should be with the Port Authority, not NJT. Theyre the ones working to get them out of there on a daily basis and people are ungrateful about it. I rode with one driver who said he wasn't looking forward to arriving in PABT because he knew he was gonna get an earful from the ever so charming passengers on the 139 who were probably gonna blame him for being stuck in traffic.

See the issue here is, NJT passengers believe that NJT has control over traffic and that most delays are avoidable. The latter seems to be the thought of train commuters moreso than bus commuters. Train commuters think "Signal problems? Who cares, just keep going!" Yeah well if they do that there's gonna be another Bridgeport incident. "Congestion? It's train tracks! How are train tracks congested?" Trains tracks are congested because you aren't the only one trying to get into NYC. Same thing applies to bus commuters. You aren't the only bus in the XBL (which moves like clockwork so I don't understand what the griping about it is.), there are many other commuters from across NJ who work in NYC and need to get to work too. No delay is unavoidable, there's always a reason for a delay, and NJT isn't playing the blame game when they say "Amtrak Signal Problems". Their only telling you what they know.

Ok, an analysis on the 5th day of "The Experiment"

I went straight towards 35 Street upon exiting Lincoln Tunnel to 10th Avenue. Virtually deserted. But got sent outside without having to circle once in the North Wing. Made it back inside within 10 minutes.

This works for me because I am a "package" person in which the New York dispatcher can send me anywhere at any time. But it would probably suck for the line guys. Anyone from NJT here care to chime in?

Ok, an analysis on the 5th day of "The Experiment"

I went straight towards 35 Street upon exiting Lincoln Tunnel to 10th Avenue. Virtually deserted. But got sent outside without having to circle once in the North Wing. Made it back inside within 10 minutes.

This works for me because I am a "package" person in which the New York dispatcher can send me anywhere at any time. But it would probably suck for the line guys. Anyone from NJT here care to chime in?

Today was my first experience with The Experiment as I have not worked afternoons/evenings at the Port since it began.  Traffic on 495 and the Tunnel was heavy but not quite as bad as it sometimes is (I was the 3:40 Taxi from Oradell and made it into the tunnel in about an hour).  Both lanes were open uptown and it was CLEAR AS A BELL.  NO line at the ramp, no line UP the ramp - sailed right up to the UBL and actually made my trip according to the paddle.  There were plenty of eyes up there - Transit, PANYNJ and PAPD carefully observing things.

My coworkers are reporting similar stories. No line on 10th Av, minimum waits on the ramp. One driver stated she was sent out and made it back onto her gate in 20 mins which is amazing. I was told that NJT is holding buses at the lots and sending them up a couple at a time. Galvin was virtually deserted at 230pm today. Whoever came up with "The Experiment" this time actually deserves a raise!

My coworkers are reporting similar stories. No line on 10th Av, minimum waits on the ramp. One driver stated she was sent out and made it back onto her gate in 20 mins which is amazing. I was told that NJT is holding buses at the lots and sending them up a couple at a time. Galvin was virtually deserted at 230pm today. Whoever came up with "The Experiment" this time actually deserves a raise!

I intentionally went downtown upon getting out of the tunnel because though I have been fortunate to get a parking spot circling once or twice, chances are it won't happen every single time and you have to consider, you're going to be sent outside anyway if no spaces are available on the first go round. Like in basketball, it's like taking a high percentage jump shot. And it appears both lanes are going into the building at times where you'd think police would start sending buses downtown, so everyone's going to try to go upstairs. Why put yourself through that? If you get a spot, great, but as I said before, what are the chances in that happening?

So this means there's a PAPD officer whose job is to just sit and count how many times each bus circles around? That's a great use of resources...

The way it works, there is actually a PA representative(s) monitoring bus movements with the police on hand to squash possible confrontations and enforcement of bus travel

On the weekends they put down the cones of the NY side in the afternoon so if you take the right lane you have to go downtown but thats been going on all summer. Even as bad as traffic was Sunday afternoon I waited on the helix so I could get the left lane and go right upstairs.

On the weekends they put down the cones of the NY side in the afternoon so if you take the right lane you have to go downtown but thats been going on all summer. Even as bad as traffic was Sunday afternoon I waited on the helix so I could get the left lane and go right upstairs.

Imo when i see it backed up to 3 i go through union city. Its faster.

Archived