Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
avinny116

LIRR locomotive Engineer Trainee job

7 hours ago, LIRR 154 said:

When did you apply? 

Many times but the job id for the one referenced in the email invite is 93100, in which I applied for in mid April, that was actually my first application for the L/E position. 

Basically imo for anyone out there if your interested in working for MNRR or LIRR, you must meet those specific qualifications and having college credits or a degree is a major bonus in getting your foot in the door. 

This is my second invite between MNRR & LIRR in less than a year.

On 12/15/2018 at 8:17 PM, Handsomeheff said:

Many times but the job id for the one referenced in the email invite is 93100, in which I applied for in mid April, that was actually my first application for the L/E position. 

Basically imo for anyone out there if your interested in working for MNRR or LIRR, you must meet those specific qualifications and having college credits or a degree is a major bonus in getting your foot in the door. 

This is my second invite between MNRR & LIRR in less than a year.

You are lucky! MN has specific requirements versus LI.  

I passed the S &D test and had my panel interview in November. I read on the last page there is a Phase 1 class scheduled for January now, but I wasn't contacted so I assume that means I wasn't selected. Is that a knock on my qualifications, or is there a list of candidates from past tests that will get invited to a class before me?

1 hour ago, RCARR said:

I passed the S &D test and had my panel interview in November. I read on the last page there is a Phase 1 class scheduled for January now, but I wasn't contacted so I assume that means I wasn't selected. Is that a knock on my qualifications, or is there a list of candidates from past tests that will get invited to a class before me?

Could be you didn’t score high enough. They usually put the high rollers from 2-3 classes together. Then the low rollers. Or it could be how you answered the questions in the panel interview. Could be many factors here.  No news is good news. 

Edited by drenyce311

18 hours ago, RCARR said:

In my Phase l class all 13 passed but classes only take 12 students so our classmate had to wait for this January phase ll class. It’s a phase ll that’s scheduled for January. I believe Phase l is sometime in February. They’re usually 3 months apart from each class. So just wait like Dre said no news is good news, just be patient. And keep studying your signals and definitions you’ll get tested on that the first day of phase l 

Good afternoon everyone,

I have been reading this forum for a little bit now, but just decided to sign up.  I'm currently a federal employee, but looking to get into the railroad industry (either city or lirr).  Has anyone applied for the most recent LIRR locomotive engineer trainee position?  I submitted my application on 11/27/18, and i was wondering if others here applied to this opening as well? If so, have you heard anything ?

Thank you,

-Nick

1 hour ago, nickolas388 said:

Good afternoon everyone,

I have been reading this forum for a little bit now, but just decided to sign up.  I'm currently a federal employee, but looking to get into the railroad industry (either city or lirr).  Has anyone applied for the most recent LIRR locomotive engineer trainee position?  I submitted my application on 11/27/18, and i was wondering if others here applied to this opening as well? If so, have you heard anything ?

Thank you,

-Nick

Welcome aboard . It will take some time . 

9 hours ago, nickolas388 said:

Good afternoon everyone,

Thank you,

-Nick

A lot of patience will be required. 

I just finished orientation and am starting phase II from 11/17's application, and that was after years of applying.

It's one of those positions you apply for and then live your life like you never applied for it until they call you. Wish you the best!

I will say, as free advice for when you make it, get a W2 showing every year of employment you have on your resume. The background check company they hire will ask for some documentation that is quite burdensome, such as a W2 from 10 years ago over Christmas break, followed by a government shutdown.

The last thing you want is to have that kind of stress while you're studying up to your eyeballs.