LIRR locomotive Engineer Trainee job

avinny116

Seems like they're really backed up. I had my panel in April and I'm waiting. I've got to be honest this is a new system on how they're hiring Engineers and I don't like it. Before it was the same people you seen in the open house was going to be your classmates from Phase and beyond. Now they introduce this pool nonsense which now has people waiting and not knowing if you should continue studying or not. Like being taken hostage.

I actually just got the call That i passed the S&D test and have an interview in 2 weeks. Sucks that I gonna end up in limbo as a member of the pool of candidates. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fellas/ladies, does anyone know if our appication can expire and disqualify us while we are waiting in the pool? I had heard the application is only good for 1 year and wasnt sure if we remain in the pool once that year is up.

Good luck to you omaldj!

Does the MTA prefer to hire if you know someone or do they prefer it if you don't have any connections? Just curious because I have a different interview for an IT spot and I had to fill out a family disclosure form.... Thanks

same for the LET position. If you have a family member you have to sign a disclosure form.

Yes it expires..

So everyone in the pool who has passed the s&d, completed the background and panel is disqualified as they pass the one year mark on their initial app? It seems that wouldnt make any sense as the LIRR would be losing the candidates that they would need to fill the classes with..

So everyone in the pool who has passed the s&d, completed the background and panel is disqualified as they pass the one year mark on their initial app? It seems that wouldnt make any sense as the LIRR would be losing the candidates that they would need to fill the classes with..

That's the reason they had so many classes back to back. It was never liked that before. They maybe hire Engineers once a twice a year. Now they had a open house every month. Some people on this forum received that infamous letter in the mail. It sucks because of the effort and time , but that's how they run things around here.

i would suggest to go through the information at least twice a week until you here from them. Keep studying. Its one of those "If you dont hear from us, its probably still good news!"

When I was going through the signals and definitions overview, they mentioned those who scored 100% will get called first to be the class, then the those who scored 85% or higher on the definitions portion will be placed in the next class. 100% on signals. They don't tell your score, just that you passed. Even since the Business Service took over the hiring process, its different than it was before i hear. they told us from my signals and definition overview that 9 passed out of 19. and the next class only 3 passed to complete my class for phase 1. How they select the candidates on the interview, I have no idea. my group is a mixture of different test dates. Best of luck to all. 

i would suggest to go through the information at least twice a week until you here from them. Keep studying. Its one of those "If you dont hear from us, its probably still good news!"

When I was going through the signals and definitions overview, they mentioned those who scored 100% will get called first to be the class, then the those who scored 85% or higher on the definitions portion will be placed in the next class. 100% on signals. They don't tell your score, just that you passed. Even since the Business Service took over the hiring process, its different than it was before i hear. they told us from my signals and definition overview that 9 passed out of 19. and the next class only 3 passed to complete my class for phase 1. How they select the candidates on the interview, I have no idea. my group is a mixture of different test dates. Best of luck to all.

Same to you bro.. Get that green pass!!

Omaldj. I was in your test class. I have been told the same about the next phase one class.

Congrats on passing, I was told only 4 from our group passed. It definitely sucks that we are going to have to wait like 5 months just to start a phase 1 

Congrats on passing, I was told only 4 from our group passed. It definitely sucks that we are going to have to wait like 5 months just to start a phase 1

Thanks! Same to you and the other two! I didn't know the number of pass/fail but I do know that the confidence level of people I spoke with after the test was very low. I know they just had an orientation the same week as our interviews. Let's hope enough people pass the next test to fill a class. Studying the same material for four more months is very draining.

Anyone from the June 6th 2016 open house hear anything back. I did my backround info with strearling and have yet to hear anything further. Can't get Lucille to answer a voicemail, return a call or email. Let alone pick up her phone ! Got in touch with Michelle and she just says you have to contact Lucille. Help very frustrating

How's everyone doing. Got a call today from HR regarding Phase 1, it begins next week. When I went in for my panel interview in April they never mentioned a summer class only the fall one, so I would assume the January or February is the one you guys will most likely be called up for if they never mentioned the fall class. I'm pretty sure this is the final class of the year.  

How's everyone doing. Got a call today from HR regarding Phase 1, it begins next week. When I went in for my panel interview in April they never mentioned a summer class only the fall one, so I would assume the January or February is the one you guys will most likely be called up for if they never mentioned the fall class. I'm pretty sure this is the final class of the year.

It is the last one of the year. My class is next to graduate in 2 months. The next class graduates sometime in April. Edited by drenyce311

Curious to know for anyone that has been in candidate pool. How long was the wait before called for phase 1. I ask because I've been in the pool for 6 months now and unfortunately haven't been called to attend the classes. I heard after 1 year i would have to start from scratch again that is if they have another opening. I'm getting discouraged