-53rd/Lex Av (E)<Q>

-23rd/Ely Av (E)<Q>

-Queens Plaza(E)(G)(M)(R)<Q>

All R68/68A's, staged out of Jamaica Yards

btw why don't we have a amtrak emoticon? just courious

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I forgot about the yard and cars. Does it have to be an existing yard?

I would use R160s as the standard cars and R46s and R68s as backups.

As i've never been to NY i don't know what stops there are, but my line would(for those who don't remember) be a fictional (JFK) that connects all commercial airports in NYC, including Newark.

The (JFK) line ran from 21-Queensbridge to Howard Beach-JFK using the 6th Avenue line in Manhattan, and the (A) line from West 4th Street to Howard Beach. It only stopped at major transfer points like 34th Street. I made up my own yard, I guess you could make your own, the creator wasn't specific.

(S) 53rd Street Crosstown Shuttle

-53rd/12th Av

-53rd/9th Av

-53rd/7th Av (E)(B)(D)(K)(S)

-53rd/5th Av (S)(V)

-53rd/Lex Av (S)(V)(E)(K)

-23rd/Ely Av (S)(V)(E)(K)(7)<7>(G)

-Queens Plaza(E)(G)(V)(R)(K)

I made some changes that would benifit the route. I also added my own fantasy routes, if you don't mind.

Can't answer about the emoticon though. :P

I did forget about the yard requirements, so for my new Third Avenue El, they would be the same as the SAS and mainly use R160s and later.

Speaking of your Third Avenue El, it is a wonderful idea, but the Bronx section is already serviced by my (8) line in the RUSH HOUR PROJECT. However, the Manhattan section isn't bad, but there would be some crowding around that area for trains. (2nd Avenue Subway, 3rd Avenue El, Lex Avenue Subway within 3 blocks of one another.)

If the (MTA) ever construts the SAS, they should have it connect with the (J)(Z) just before Canal Street and have them run together. I will have the track map coming up in a few days.

I noticed service missing in the following areas (in red):

NYCTSubwaymap-Copy.gif

I will make some fictional routes tomorrow, I need to go to bed now lol.

If you check out my RUSH HOUR PROJECT, I accommodate for one of the missing service areas.

There is nothing wrong with the (5) at Flatbush Avenue. Why would you change it in the first place? Here is something more real for you. Elevate the (2), and (5) north of Flatbush Avenue, and have it run to Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn. It would help the Utica Avenue residents, and the people in Sheepshead Bay.

(8) line in my project covers Sheepshead Bay section.

A new "Black (V)" Myrtle-Brighton line that would run via the existing portion of the Myrtle Avenue El (including a rebuild of the upper level of the Myrtle Avenue (J)/(M)/(Z) station) and all stations along that portion of the line having their platforms lengthened to accommodate 600-foot trains and possibly 75-foot cars on that stretch of the Eastern Division ONLY):

Such a new line after Myrtle Avenue upper level would then go via a new stretch of elevated track (stations along that part to be determined, though it would include a connection to the (G) at either Myrtle-Willoughby or Bedford-Nostrand) connecting it to the existing Franklin Avenue Shuttle line, with the Franklin Avenue (S) station becoming a through station and it as well as all other stations on the existing shuttle line also lengthened to handle 600-foot trains and that section re-built to two tracks from the current one. After Prospect Park, the new line continues to Coney Island as a local via the Brighton line, which would potentially allow the (Q) to become a 24/7 express to Brighton Beach while the (^_^ would be a local with the new line to Coney Island on weekdays.

In addition, a connection from the new line would be made to the Broadway-Brooklyn line to allow when necessary for the (Q), albeit with (obviously 60' cars) five-car 300-foot trains (unless future train orders go back to having the cars either being singles or linked together in pairs as opposed to four or five in a set) to access the Broadway-Brooklyn line when needed so the (Q) can operate via the (M) to 6th Avenue-57th Street.

What this line would do aside from eliminating the current Franklin Avenue (S) would be to eliminate the overnight (M) shuttle between Metropolitan Avenue and Myrtle since this new "Black (V)" line would be covering that route as well as the rest as a 24/7 line.

The cars for this line would be mainly R160s operating out of Coney Island Yard with possibly some R68s mixed in if the restriction on 75-footers on the existing Myrtle Avenue El portion were removed for that stretch ONLY.

Teal (X)(Y)

(X) via 1st Av and West Brooklyn Express

(Y) via 1st Av and West Brooklyn Local

1.) 242nd St-Van Cortlandt Pk East @ Katonah Av (X)

2.) Woodlawn-233rd St @ Webster Av (X)

3.) Williamsbridge-E. Gun Hill Rd @ Webster Av (X)

4.) 204th St @ Webster Av (X)

5.) Bedford Pk Blvd-Botanical Garden @ Webster Av (X)

6.) Fordham Plaza @ Webster Av (X)(Y)

7.) East 180th St @ Webster Av (X)(Y)

8.) East 176th St-Tremont Av @ Webster Av (X)(Y)

9.) Claremont Pkwy @ Webster Av (X)(Y)

10.) East 170th St @ Webster Av (X)(Y)

11.) East 167th St @ Webster Av (X)(Y)

12.) East 163rd St @ Melrose Av (X)(Y)

13.) East 157th St @ Melrose Av (X)(Y)

14.) 3rd Av-149th St @ Melrose Av (X)(Y)

15.) 135th St @ Willis Av (X)(Y)

16.) Harlem-125th St @ 1st Avenue (X)(Y)

17.) 116th St @ 1st Avenue (Y)

18.) 109th St @ 1st Avenue (Y)

19.) 97th St @ 1st Avenue (Y)

20.) 86th St @ 1st Avenue (Y)

21.) 79th St @ 1st Avenue (X)(Y)

22.) 71st St @ 1st Avenue (Y)

23.) 60th St @ 1st Avenue (Y)

24.) 50th St @ 1st Avenue (Y)

25.) United Nations-42nd St @ 1st Avenue (X)(Y)

26.) 34th St @ 1st Avenue (Y)

27.) 23rd St @ 1st Avenue (Y)

28.) 14th St @ 1st Avenue (Y)

29.) 7th Street @ 1st Avenue (Y)

29.) Houston St @ 1st Avenue (Y)

30.) Delancey St @ Essex St (X)(Y)

31.) Madison St @ Montgomery St (Y)

32.) Flushing Av @ Navy Avenue (Y)

33.) Vanderbilt Av @ Myrtle Avenue (Y)

34.) Lafayette Av @ Washington Av (X)(Y)

35.) Clinton Av-Washington Av @ Fulton St (X)(Y)

36.) Grand Army Plaza @ Flatbush Av (X)(Y)

37.) 9th St @ Prospect Park West (Y)

38.) 15th St-Prospect Park @ Prospect Park West (Y)

39.) 19th St @ Prospect Park West (Y)

40.) 22nd St @ 5th Avenue (Y)

41.) 29th St-Greenwood Cemetery @ 5th Avenue (X)(Y)

42.) 39th St @ 5th Avenue (Y)

43.) 47th St @ 4th Avenue (Y)

44.) 5th Avenue @ 53rd Street (Y)

45.) 7th Avenue @ 53rd Street (X)(Y)

46.) 62nd Street @ 8th Avenue (Y)

47.) 70th Street @ 8th Avenue (X)(Y)

48.) Fort Hamilton Pkwy @ 7th Avenue (Y)

49.) 90th Street @ Fort Hamilton Pkwy (Y)

50.) Bay Ridge-96th Street @ 4th Av (X)(Y)

This is actually a suggestion, but I'm posting it anyway. On the Sea Beach, make some express stations, repair the track, and create an express service. Start out with a <N> or a yellow (S), something like this;

img_50245.jpg

The <N> or (S) will go after a while. Put the (N) running completely 4 Av Local. Extend the (T) to link up with the (R) at Court Street. Keep in mind the (T) is running 2nd Av Express, via its normal stations. The (N) will stop at DeKalb after the bridge. (:((Q)(R)(N)(T) will be the new DeKalb services. The (N) will run local from DeKalb to Coney Island, the (T) express.

<N> or Yellow (S) express service

(N) Broadway Local

Astoria Local

4th Avenue Express

Sea Beach Local

Yellow (S) Shuttle [36 St.]

4th Avenue Express

Sea Beach Express

<N> Broadway Express

Astoria Express (Peak Direction)

4th Avenue Express

Sea Beach Express

Removal of the <N> or Yellow (S)

(N) Broadway Local

Astoria Local

4th Avenue Local

Sea Beach Local

via Bridge

(T) 2 Av Express

4th Avenue Express

Sea Beach Express

via Tunnel

Edited by trainguy97

Quick question. Is there room to convert any Sea Beach stations to Express Stations? It seems as if there is only room for 4 tracks, no additional platforms.

There is no room. The only way is to remove a track and create a peak direction service. The left track is totally not in use. Also, you could put the platforms like the Avenue J temporary platform.

They could also make it where both the express tracks join together to create a three track station, only 1 express stopping there at a time, and after, the tracks split up again.

This is fictional anyways.

Follow-up to my last post in this thread:

Bedford-Nostrand (Transfer to (G)) and probably a revival of the old Sumner Avenue Myrtle Avenue El Station would be the two stations between the rebuilt upper level of Myrtle Avenue and what would be Franklin Avenue as a through station rather than a terminal on a new Myrtle-Brighton line that would have rebuilt 600' island platforms and two tracks along the existing Franklin Avenue Shuttle portion. This line (again, a "Black (V)" as I would do it) would eliminate both the Franklin Avenue (S) and the weekend/overnight (M) shuttle since this line would cover the entire portions of both routes before continuing from Prospect Park as a Brighton Local to Coney Island (with the (Q) becoming a full-time express to Brighton Beach and the (:P joining the "Black (V)" as a Brighton Local to Coney Island on weekdays).

I suspect this line would be quite popular as a second Brooklyn-Queens Crosstown line, especially with the numerous transfers. In addition, as noted it would also have connections to the Broadway-Brooklyn line (that I would actually have going both ways from Myrtle Avenue) mainly in case the (Q) needed to access the line in an emergency or because of a G.O. so it could go to Manhattan via the regular (M) route.

• 3 weeks later...

No one has posted here in about a month now, I will put more stuff here, I've been working on the "Create your own bus route!" thread in the meantime.

EDIT: The first lines in about a month! SEE BELOW!

Edited by ThrexxBus

(H) & (I) LINES:

SEE RUSH HOUR PROJECT FOR OPERATING PATTERN INFO ON THESE LINES:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zDkEJ1d0N4DOh6jpW-S7sDP6zzaIBt1k7Uo9ax-M86I/edit

(H) - Express

Between Sheepshead Bay (IRT-IND-BMT Double Decked/ Underground Terminal)

AND

South Yonkers

Norwood - 205 St

Wave Hill (Rush Hrs)

(I) - Local

Between Sheepshead Bay OR South 4 Street Terminal

AND

Fort George - 191 St

STOPS:

(Local, EXPRESS)

(Some transfers are also fantasy routes)

BROOKLYN...

SHEEPSHEAD BAY (Transfer to (:), (Q), (8), <8>)

Avenue Z (At Nostrand Ave)

Avenue X (At Nostrand Ave)

AVENUE U (At Nostrand Ave)

Gerritsen Beach (At Ave S & Gerritsen Avenue)

FILLMORE AVE (All stops, until noted are on Utica Ave)

Avenue N

Avenue K-Flatlands Ave

AVENUE H

Avenue D

CHURCH AVE

Winthrop Ave

Empire Bl

CROWN HEIGHTS

Bergen St

FULTON ST (At Stuyvesant Ave, until noted.)

Putnam Ave

Dekalb Ave

MYRTLE AVE (Transfer to (P), (X), (J), (M), (Z))

Flushing Ave

SOUTH 4th STREET-(METROPOLITAN AVENUE) (Transfer to (T), (E), (V)/(U), (G), (L))

MANHATTAN...

Pearl St (At Frankfort St)

CITY HALL (Transfer to (4), (5), (6), (J), (M), <R>, (Z))(At Park Row)

World Trade Center-(Park Pl) (At Park Pl)

CHAMBERS ST (Transfer to (K), (HH), (0), (1), (2), (3), (7), <7>, (8), <8>, (9)) (At Greenwich St, until noted.)

CANAL/SPRING STS

Houston St

10 St-Christopher St

14 ST (Transfer to (A), (C), (E)) (10/Amsterdam Ave, until noted.

23 Street

28 Street

34 STREET

42 STREET - JAVITS CENTER

50 Street

60 ST-FORDHAM UNIV. (Transfer to (P), (X)

From here, except late nights, (H ) goes SUPER EXPRESS. These stops are marked like THIS.

66 Street

72 STREET (Transfer to (1 ), (2 ), (3 )

79 Street

86 Street

96 STREET

106 Street

116 Street

125 STREET

135 Street

145 STREET

155 Street

168 STREET (SUPER EXPRESS ON WEEKENDS ONLY)

174 Street

181 STREET

FORT GEORGE - 191 STREET (The (I) & (X - Except Rush Hrs) terminate here.)

H LINE SPLITS INTO BRANCHES.

205 St Branch: (+ (X - Rush Hours Only))

Dyckman St

Isham St

Marble Hill

Bronx...

W. 230 St

W. 238 St

Van Cortlandt Av West

Dickingson Ave

Moshulu Parkway

205 Street

Riverdale Branches: (+ (P))

Bronx...

KAPPOCK ST

Wave Hill:

231 St

245 St

Wave Hill

South Yonkers:

231 St

236 St

MANHATTAN COLLEGE PARKWAY

253 STREET

263 STREET

VALENTINE LANE

S BROADWAY

The color for the Amsterdam lines are, at the moment, tan.

K & HH lines coming soon!

A new "Black (V)" or, a GG? :)Myrtle-Brighton line that would run via the existing portion of the Myrtle Avenue El (including a rebuild of the upper level of the Myrtle Avenue (J)/(M)/(Z) station) and all stations along that portion of the line having their platforms lengthened to accommodate 600-foot trains and possibly 75-foot cars on that stretch of the Eastern Division ONLY):

Such a new line after Myrtle Avenue upper level would then go via a new stretch of elevated track (stations along that part to be determined, though it would include a connection to the (G) at either Myrtle-Willoughby or Bedford-Nostrand) connecting it to the existing Franklin Avenue Shuttle line, with the Franklin Avenue (S) station becoming a through station and it as well as all other stations on the existing shuttle line also lengthened to handle 600-foot trains and that section re-built to two tracks from the current one. After Prospect Park, the new line continues to Coney Island as a local via the Brighton line, which would potentially allow the (B) to become a 24/7 express to Brighton Beach while the (Q) would be a local with the new line to Coney Island, except late nights.

In addition, a connection from the new line would be made to the Broadway-Brooklyn line to allow when necessary for the (Q), albeit with (obviously 60' cars) five-car 300-foot trains (unless future train orders go back to having the cars either being singles or linked together in pairs as opposed to four or five in a set) to access the Broadway-Brooklyn line when needed so the (Q) can operate via the (M) to 6th Avenue-57th Street.

What this line would do aside from eliminating the current Franklin Avenue (S) would be to eliminate the overnight (M) shuttle between Metropolitan Avenue and Myrtle since this new "Black (V)" line would be covering that route as well as the rest as a 24/7 line.

The cars for this line would be mainly R160s operating out of Coney Island Yard with possibly some R68s mixed in if the restriction on 75-footers on the existing Myrtle Avenue El portion were removed for that stretch ONLY.

It is a great idea. :cool: But, you would have to re-double track the Shuttle line between the Botanic Garden & Myrtle Ave.

(If you don't mind, I can incorporate this into some of my ideas! I will give you full credit.) ;)

I can have the stops & route posted by Monday. (I also made some changes to the (B)(Q) section.)

A Black (K)

East New York Crosstown

City Island North (City Island Rd & City Island Ave)

Carroll st (City Island Nautical Museum) (Carroll st & City Island Ave)

City Island South (City Island Ave & Rochelle st)

Fort Totten (Bell Blvd & 212 st)

The name of that plaza at 24th ave (Bell Blvd & 24th ave)

33 Rd (Bell blvd & 33rd Rd)

Bayside-LIRR

Queensborough Community College-CUNY

67th ave (Bell Blvd & 67th Ave)

Union Tpke-Hollis Hills Terr

Hillside ave-Francis Lewis Blvd

Hollis Ave (Hollis ave & 201st St)

Murdock Ave (Murdock ave & 200th st)

Linden Blvd (Linden Blvd & 197-198th st)

Merrick Blvd-Springfield Blvd

Conduit Ave-LIRR (Conduit Ave & 225th st) (Conncection to Laurelton LIRR)

147th ave (147th ave & 227th st)

Rockaway Blvd-JFK Airport (7 Rockaway Blvd) (Connection to JFK Via AirTrain)

Bayview ave (Gates Ave & Bayview ave)

Connects to A/S For Rockaway Service

Beach 121st St

Beach 128th St

Beach 142nd St

Beach 147th St (Beach 147th st & Neponsit ave)

Roxbury (Hillside Ave)

Bedford Ave (Bedford Ave & Marshall Ave)

West End Ave (West End Ave & Lincon Walk) (Assuming neighborhood allows it)

Breezy Point Blvd (Breezy Point Blvd & Beach 227th St)

Runs 24 hours a day, with traditional subway frequency.

Runs with R211 (Newest fleet available at any given time, so right now it would be a R160.)

A Black (K)

East New York Crosstown

City Island North (City Island Rd & City Island Ave)

Carroll st (City Island Nautical Museum) (Carroll st & City Island Ave)

City Island South (City Island Ave & Rochelle st)

Fort Totten (Bell Blvd & 212 st)

The name of that plaza at 24th ave (Bell Blvd & 24th ave)

33 Rd (Bell blvd & 33rd Rd)

Bayside-LIRR

Queensborough Community College-CUNY

67th ave (Bell Blvd & 67th Ave)

Union Tpke-Hollis Hills Terr

Hillside ave-Francis Lewis Blvd

Hollis Ave (Hollis ave & 201st St)

Murdock Ave (Murdock ave & 200th st)

Linden Blvd (Linden Blvd & 197-198th st)

Merrick Blvd-Springfield Blvd

Conduit Ave-LIRR (Conduit Ave & 225th st) (Conncection to Laurelton LIRR)

147th ave (147th ave & 227th st)

Rockaway Blvd-JFK Airport (7 Rockaway Blvd) (Connection to JFK Via AirTrain)

Bayview ave (Gates Ave & Bayview ave)

Connects to A/S For Rockaway Service

Beach 121st St

Beach 128th St

Beach 142nd St

Beach 147th St (Beach 147th st & Neponsit ave)

Roxbury (Hillside Ave)

Bedford Ave (Bedford Ave & Marshall Ave)

West End Ave (West End Ave & Lincon Walk) (Assuming neighborhood allows it)

Breezy Point Blvd (Breezy Point Blvd & Beach 227th St)

Runs 24 hours a day, with traditional subway frequency.

Runs with R211 (Newest fleet available at any given time, so right now it would be a R160.)

So, the line wouldn't have 75' restrictions? Why not use R46's? (More room in car.)

Also, do you know how to get an avatar? Like my (T)?

A new "Black (V)" Myrtle-Brighton line that would run via the existing portion of the Myrtle Avenue El (including a rebuild of the upper level of the Myrtle Avenue (J)/(M)/(Z) station) and all stations along that portion of the line having their platforms lengthened to accommodate 600-foot trains and possibly 75-foot cars on that stretch of the Eastern Division ONLY):

Such a new line after Myrtle Avenue upper level would then go via a new stretch of elevated track (stations along that part to be determined, though it would include a connection to the (G) at either Myrtle-Willoughby or Bedford-Nostrand) connecting it to the existing Franklin Avenue Shuttle line, with the Franklin Avenue (S) station becoming a through station and it as well as all other stations on the existing shuttle line also lengthened to handle 600-foot trains and that section re-built to two tracks from the current one. After Prospect Park, the new line continues to Coney Island as a local via the Brighton line, which would potentially allow the (Q) to become a 24/7 express to Brighton Beach while the (:o would be a local with the new line to Coney Island on weekdays.

Here it is! I changed the bullet to (XX) though.

Link to dock. DOC

STOPS:

Coney Island

West 8th Street

Brighton Beach

Sheepshead Bay

Kings Highway

Newkirk Plaza

Church Avenue

Prospect Park

Botanic Garden

Park Place

Fulton St-Franklin Avenue

Halsey St

Gates Ave

Dekalb Ave

Nostrand Ave-Myrtle Ave

Myrtle-Broadway

Central Ave

K’Bocker Ave

Myrtle-Wyckoff

Seneca Ave

Forest Ave

Fresh Pond Road

Metro Ave

This thread is dying... :cry:

But I refuse to let it go. As long as people are on this forum, you should be able to create your own bus route. So, I will repost the rules and hope to revive this thread.

Similiar to "Create your own bus route!" in our MTA Bus Operations forum, here is "Create Your Own Subway Route". Assign your subway route a route bullet, describe the route, add station locations and transfers, assign cars (past, present or future subway cars), and assign a yard. Most of all, have fun!

There were great discussions on this thread. This should not die. I hereby now declare the "Create Your Own Subway Route!" thread to be reopened!

This thread is dying... :cry:

But I refuse to let it go. As long as people are on this forum, you should be able to create your own bus route. So, I will repost the rules and hope to revive this thread.

Originally Posted by EE Broadway Local

Similiar to "Create your own bus route!" in our MTA Bus Operations forum, here is "Create Your Own Subway Route". Assign your subway route a route bullet, describe the route, add station locations and transfers, assign cars (past, present or future subway cars), and assign a yard. Most of all, have fun!

There were great discussions on this thread. This should not die. I hereby now declare the "Create Your Own Subway Route!" thread to be reopened!

I agree with you. ;) This thread shall go on!